The Dark Mod Forums

Plumbing Ideas, Will Add As They Get Done.

god_is_my_goldfish

These are early sketches, and aren't done, let me get clearer ones with diagrams done before you start modelling these. ;)

A fancy water pump, these things operate on a simple premise, i'll be posting up the interior designs as well with the final versions, which will be important to the modeling as this has moving parts.

fancypump.jpg

A plain, cheaper version of the same thing.

simplepump.jpg

A side sketch of the pump

pumpside.jpg

Boiler, actually looks different than what it seems here, the diagram will explain it better.

boiler.jpg

A fancy faucet you would find in a rich mansion

fancyfaucet.jpg

Along with the better versions of these, I'll be getting other components of the plumbing system done, as well as some aspects of the electrical system i glossed over the first time.

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

If you're going to do an electrical system, try to stick to the tesla-style receivers, and avoid any wires or electrical outlets. Think Frankenstein's workshop rather than fuseboxes.

Do you mean plugs as in the things that go in electrical outlets? :) I'd really like to stay away from any wires or cables. The electricity in T1/2 always seemed to rely on Tesla-style coils operating as receivers (even the electric lights had small spikes on them). The electricity travelled wirelessly.

The electricity in T1/2 always seemed to rely on Tesla-style coils operating as receivers (even the electric lights had small spikes on them). The electricity travelled wirelessly.

There were some lights and security systems in T2 that you could track back (via wires along the walls) to a light switch or shut off circuit switch. I feel having wires along some walls were necessary in T2, and will be for DarkMod -- for certain situations and missions. It was fun trying to find the source of certain things. Not sure if this really applies to what's being worked on here, but thought I'd mention.

The wires were only for security systems and helped to track them to their control panel, whcih is a good idea. For normal lights we shouldn't use wires though because there is no real reason to do this and it just would add a lot of work.

Gold if you create machines, please indicate also if these machines should have animated parts and which ones that would be. In case of your pump I think the modelling should take this into account and model moving parts seperatly so we can animate them with scripts (no need to create animated models for that).

Gerhard