The Dark Mod Forums

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Unstoppable

I haven't played it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it so far. So that's a good sign. Even though I'm not the biggest comic fan, I may end up getting it sometime.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Yep; great game IMO. It was pretty short i thought, but I liked how they expanded on the comic book universe, as opposed to the recent movies; but that they still managed to keep it mature and sophisticated enough to keep my interest. Combat was excellent, very fluid, it really made it seem like batman was a true martial artist. Graphics were very pretty too, and the soundtrack and voice acting were fantastic.

Mark Hamil as the Joker was just one of those wtf!? moments for me; having never seen him outside of the Star Wars movies I wouldn't have picked him to do voice acting, particularly the voice of the Joker. However, in the end I thought he did a really fantastic job with the Joker's voice, he seemed to perfectly capture the character with his manical giggling and crazy dialogue.

Edited by SplaTtzZ

Mark Hamil as the Joker was just one of those wtf!? moments for me; having never seen him outside of the Star Wars movies I wouldn't have picked him to do voice acting, particularly the voice of the Joker. However, in the end I thought he did a really fantastic job with the Joker's voice, he seemed to perfectly capture the character with his manical giggling and crazy dialogue.

Mark Hamil has been the voice of the Joker since the 1992 animated Batman series. He 'IS' the joker. :)

Personally I'm getting quite sick of seeing all these old pop icons getting revived through hollywood. I'm sick of Batman, Spiderman, GI Joe, Transformers, Terminator, Ninja Turtles, Speed Racer, King Kong, Mario, Zelda, ect ect... Thus I'll never play this game.

Mark Hamil has been the voice of the Joker since the 1992 animated Batman series. He 'IS' the joker.

Wow just goes to show how much I know about it :laugh: I've never actually seen any of the animated stuff, so it came as quite a surprise to me!

I would never have picked it though, having seen him pretty much only in Star Wars and never in any other movie I never really thought he was that good an actor to be honest, and thus would have thought a character like the joker beyond his thespian skills.

Edited by SplaTtzZ

Yep, loved the demo, am buying it soon. The joker is awesome :) Like halfway between the Heath Ledger version and the cartoon version, and also a slightly unique character in his own right.

Tried xbox 360 controller, vs the mouse. (PC version of course) Mouse is definitely better in this game!! Xbox mode causes the camera to float high up on a 3/4 view, where everyone looks kinda small, and you see everyone running at you from all directions, since moving the view around with the joystick is too slow. Mouse mode however lets you put the camera right down behind batman at his level, and when you swing it around, it just pans the view around batman (as quickly as you want to move it) without him actually turning around. And then when you click attack, he just twists and turns into an attack in that direction, like something out of the matrix, it looks very natural and different every time. It's almost like you're cameraman for your own fight scene, you get the sweetest views of all the attacks.

Mouse mode however lets you put the camera right down behind batman at his level, and when you swing it around, it just pans the view around batman (as quickly as you want to move it) without him actually turning around. And then when you click attack, he just twists and turns into an attack in that direction, like something out of the matrix, it looks very natural and different every time. It's almost like you're cameraman for your own fight scene, you get the sweetest views of all the attacks.

Thanks for this description - it sounds very superior! I suppose I could have just watched a few videos, but it's nice to see it written out like this

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Try the PC demo. Despite getting a PS3 Slim + 40" TV next month I'll be playing Batman AA on PC because the control with the mouse is better, gfx are better, there are mods already and finally despite splashing out on a console and TV I'm a big cheapskate and the PC version is cheaper.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

• 11 months later...

Yeah, this is old, but I have to say that I really much enjoyed this game, I even played it a second time after I finished (on PS3, though). But the stealth-aspect wasn´t that good as I remember, was more related to areas than your free will to play stealth.

And Mark Hamil really is the Joker. I was also a fan of the animated series (until Robin came in and the fourth season was not the beautiful as it was before, though the silly yellow Batman-emblem was gladly gone).

I can remember that Mark Hamil acted as the main hero in some WingCommander-games. Though I only played the fifth, Prophecy and there it wasn´t his best.

But as Joker he´s just brilliant, I respect him pretty well for that, much more as I do for his StarWars-role.

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more