The Dark Mod Forums

Post your System Configuration here

greebo

You get "smooth" play with only .5g of RAM? What are your actual framerates??

My specs are:

• CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2220 2x2.4 Ghz
  • Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
  • RAM: 4 GByte
  • GPU: Geforce 8600GT with 512 MByte Memory
    (driver version: 180.84)
  • Resolution: 1280x1024px (windowed)
  • AA off, AF 4x, bloom off, highest details

Performance: Usually ranging from 30-60fps with the exception of not/badly optimized maps or half a dozen alerted guards in the room (starter pack ;)) I get good framerates with all five FM's so far released for 1.0. Loading times are usually between 20 and 60 seconds.

Dark Radiant: No problem running DR and TDM simultaneously.

Problems: Nope

Edited by lostbuthappy

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad q9559 OCd @ 3,6 GHz

Ram: 4 gigs

GPU: 2 Sapphire HD 4870 in Crossfire OCd

MB: Asus P5Q-E

Res: 1920x1200

Settings: AAx4; AFx8; no Bloom; Details at max

Game runs at 60 fps in most indoor areas, but drops half in outdoors (most notably in The Outpost;even with no AA). I get the crazy sky-box issue, which strangely goes away when looking at the stars from underwater. Otherwise it runs fine.

Old system:

CPU: 2.8Ghz

Ram: 2 gigs

GPU: ATI X850 Pro

Res: 1024x1280

Settings: AAx2; no Bloom; Details at low

Get framerates of around 15 in Outpost, and 6-8 in Builder's Influence. No graphics issues

New System:

CPU: Intel Duo core 3.0 Ghz

Ram: 2 gigs

GPU: Geforce 8800 GTX

Res: 1024x1280

Settings: AAx2; no Bloom; Details at high

Get an FPS of 60 in most areas, drops to 30 occasionally when lots of AI alerted. Some particle flickering. A map that previously took 5 min to load now takes about 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd post as well.

Via Doom 3 Steam-

Dual Core Intel E6850 @ 3 GHz

4.00 GB DDR 800

Windows 7 32-bit

ATI Radeon 3850

Beastly framerates... 30-60 90% of the time with maxed out details (including FSAA)

No real preformance issues.

Wonderful job all, sorry my contributing fell through a year or so ago... my real job got crazy as I got moved from being a software engineering technician to being the lead software engineering for my department so things have been crazy. Hell it took me 9 weeks just to get around to PLAYING TDM when it launched, and I was excited! *laughs* maybe I'll pick up DarkRadiant, I'm so used to worldcraft/hammer tho I'm sure it's going to mess with my head.

Have some pretty good map ideas I'd like to see made into missions tho.

I'm in yur forumz,

Makin' them frobbable.

OS = Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

Processor = Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz

Ram = 3 Gb Triple-Channel DDR3

Video Card = ATI Radeon HD4870 (1Gb)

Video Driver = ATI 8.681.0.0

MB = ASUS P6T SE (Intel X58 chipset)

Have just installed DM and just beginning Training. I have noticed the main character can't walk straight ahead, he always veers slightly right.

I have also noticed that the view left of center appears to lean left, and the view right of center appears to lean right. I'm just atarting to

play with settings and reading forums for help to better enhance the playing experience. Right now, the display is making me dizzy.

Other than that, game response seems to be pretty good.

Have just installed DM and just beginning Training. I have noticed the main character can't walk straight ahead, he always veers slightly right.

I have also noticed that the view left of center appears to lean left, and the view right of center appears to lean right.

That's a graphics issue we've seen before. Off the top of my head I don't remember how it was fixed, but try turning off bloom (TDM settings menus) and/or Catalyst AI (graphics driver option, look in ATi's control panel thing).

If that doesn't work, please start a new thread instead of replying to this post, as I don't want to hijack this thread with a support issue. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Me:

• Doom 3 from Steam
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • AMD Phenom II 3.1GHz dual-core
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • Nvidia 9800GT with 191.07 drivers

I've explored the training mission and everything runs silky smooth, not sure the exact framerate. Haven't tried many FMs yet due to slow download speed, but I've gone through the start of The Outpost and alerted a handful of guards with no issues.

Hi TDM team,

say, in the next TDM release, is it possible for you to include a timedemo in the training level for benchmark purpose? This way, you could get much better readings as to what components are more important (CPU vs. GPU vs. RAM) so players can update/purchase their rigs accordingly. Like, for example, what does TDM benefit more from: a fast graphics card, a fast clocked single-/dual-core CPU, or a slower clocked multi-core CPU? Is it a good idea to trade a HD3870 for a 9800something? Things like that could be answered very easily, and displayed in a chart as well.

Edited by 7upMan

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Yes, rebb already created such a demo file and uploaded it somewhere. I had promised him to make this public by posting somewhere here, but I've run into time and motivation issues shortly thereafter.

Let's see if I can dig up that original post.

Here's the file, but it probably need some instructions: http://www.dramtheth...aining_demo.pk4 (18 MB)

edit: I opened a new thread: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/10540-tdm-benchmark-demo/

edit2: I'm not sure whether this demo will benchmark anything other than your GPU. I guess the CPU part is already baked into the demo file and the gameplay code is not executed at all, so you can only judge your GPU performance using that demo.

Hey, I had reported that I get low fps underwater with bloom enabled. However this is not the case in Bikerdude's FM "Business as usual". Sure, there is only little to render in that scene, but there is really zero performance impact, while in other maps fps drop instantly to 10 or less. Maybe this helps to figure out what is the problem with bloom and underwatervision. I'd investigate myself, but I don't know the mechanics of water/Dark Radiant and would have to read hours of tutorials beforehand.

I already posted this in the FM thread, but I thought, this was the place it belongs...

Edited by STiFU

- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

- CPU: AMD Athlon™ 7550 Duel-Core Processor 2.50 GHz

- System RAM: 8.00 GB (7.75 GB usable)

- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9100

- Video Drivers: See VIDEO DETAILS below

- Experienced Performance, Steps you had to perform to get it running or problematic driver versions, etc.

Comments:

Doom3 Installed through Steam. Other than the challenge of locating the DarkMod directory within Steam, no problems installing.

Game performs great, so far.

Installing Missions, challenge: My game starts with no installed missions. I must click a Mission, and the game restarts. Occassionally, the game fails to restart--being killed by a Windows 7 Task Manager pop-up. If the game restarts on its own, the mission works. Workaround for game crashing--keep launching it until it successfully restarts. I would imagine the desired behavior would be for games to remain installed. Perhaps I have a read-only folder or some other easy fix, available?

VIDEO DETAILS:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 01/22/2010 18:32:58

System name: CALI

[Display]

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 7550 Dual-Core Processor (2500 MHz)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

DirectX version: 11.0

GPU processor: GeForce 9100

Driver version: 186.40

Stream processors: 8

Core clock: 500 MHz

Shader clock: 1200 MHz

Memory clock: 400 MHz (800 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 128-bit

Total available graphics memory: 3838 MB

Dedicated video memory: 256 MB

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 3582 MB

Video BIOS version: 62.77.2F.00.06

IRQ: 22

Bus: FPCI

[Components]

nvCplUIR.dll 2.5.397.07 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvExpBar.dll 1.5.700.35 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCplUI.exe 2.5.397.07 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvViTvSR.dll 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

nvViTvS.dll 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

NvSataConnection.exe Unavailable Unavailable

nvraidservice.exe 10.3.0.42 NVIDIA® NVRAID

NvRaidServer.dll 10.3.0.42 NVIDIA® NVRAID

nvDispSR.dll 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA Display Server

NVCPL.DLL 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA Compatible Windows7 Display driver, Version 186.40

NVCUDA.DLL 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA CUDA 2.2 driver

nvGameSR.dll 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll 8.15.11.8640 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Edited by Nebrekker

I would imagine the desired behavior would be for games to remain installed.

tdmlauncher wasn't working quite as well as intended with Steam on release. I fixed that internally a few weeks ago, so it should be fixed in version 1.01 (assuming the team remembers to ship a new tdmlauncher.exe).

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

(assuming the team remembers to ship a new tdmlauncher.exe).

The package scripts will do that automatically :)

@Nebrekker: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=FAQ#Does_it_run_with_the_Steam_version_of_Doom_3.3F

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 weeks later...

System

CPU: Intel C2Q extreme Qx9650 @ 3.2Ghz

RAM: 4GB, DDR2 1066

Video card: ATi HD5870 & nVidia 8800 GTS (Cat 10.1 & Fware 196.32)

Monitor: 16:10, 1680x1050

Ingame

Resolution: 1680x1050

V-Sync: Yes

AA: 2x

ANISO: 8x

Bloom: On

Ambient rendering: Standard

Interaction Shader: High Quality

FPS: Average 40-60

Only significant FPS drop I've had was with Melans city missio and more rescently, No honour among thieves by Goldbochoo.

Edited by Bikerdude

• 3 months later...

- Operating System: Windows XP

- CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+

- System RAM: 2048mb

- Video Card: Nvidia 7300LE

- Performance: runs slow but playable (~10-20FPS) on large maps, even Return to the City. Resolution is 800x600, all other settings set to lowest possible. No issues with water whatsoever - framerate issues primarily lie with large city maps, and when lots of physics come into play (stacking bodies/corpses), as well as when there are multiple light sources crossing one another simultaneously. The latter 2 problems don't seem to be fixable in Tech 4 without id releasing the full source though. Generally, on my rig, performance in TDM is comparable to more recent games like Borderlands, of which I had to turn to the lowest settings to get a framerate of 15-20FPS.

Overall, quite happy with performance, all things considered - especially since I'm using a way below low-end rig.

Edited by bad marine ass

• 4 weeks later...

P4 3.0ghz

2GB DDR400

HD4650 1GB AGP

XP SP3

TDM 1.02

Timedemo @ 1280x1024 1x AF = 37fps

(Standard and High Quality)

NHAT 3 (Forest) 5fps (or worse) unless looking completely away from the path, then 10-24fps...

Most other missions are pretty smooth (hover around 30fps) except "Return to the City" (6fps to 20fps)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I tested this on both my machines a laptop and a desktop.

Laptop - Compaq CQ61-411WM

- Tested Mission 1 of No Honor Among thieves.

Windows 7 64 bit - Home Premium

AMD Simpron II M120, 2.1 GHZ - Single Core

4 gigabytes DDR2 system ram

ATI Mobility 4200 HD on board integrated graphics chip, with 128 MB of dedicated DDR2 ram with up to 1 gig shared.

Doom 3 and TDM are installed using default settings. (medium)

I have not run a benchmark test or any FPS utility but the game plays smooth with no glitches or slowdowns.

Since Doom 3 is an older game and most older games of that era I can play on High settings. I didn't test this with higher settings but I bet it would do fine.

( I love this laptop.. it even playes Crysis, Borderlands, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl , FarCry, Prey, Half Life 2, and others all on medium settings or higher. - Proof a cheap 350.00 dollar laptop from Wal-Mart can be a great gaming machine ! )

Just a footnote: I didn't install this on my laptop the regular way. I made a portable standalone version from my desktop installation and just dropped the folder into my program files folder for the laptop. This way, I could have the game with Mods and Missions pre-installed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desktop - ACT Technologies ( local company )

Windows 7 64 bit - Ultimate

Pentium 4 (Cedar Mills) with hyperthreading @ 3.00 GHZ - Single Core

4 gigabytes DDR2 system ram

ATI 5750 HD with 1 gigabyte DDR5 ram

On this I can play on all high settings for Doom 3 and TDM, but If I know I will be doing a lot of multitasking I turn the settings down to medium just as a precaution, though I have not have any problems so far.

Edited by Dark Phoenix

removed for new post.

Edited by Xarg

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core2 E7300 @3.33 GHz

RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800

GFX Card: GeForce GTX 260 @700/1500 MHz - 1150 MHz

Driver: 257.15

Performance: perfect

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.