Castle Scene Mood Art - Updated

7 replies to this topic

#1 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:15 AM

Updated the castle scene for fun. Many minor updates/enhancements made. This should be considerably easier to see than the previous version:

EDIT 2/25/05: Here's the final version of the castle scene. Added smoke trail to guard's torch, made the window and torch light colors warmer...
Click here for large version

Posted Image

EDIT 8/28/05: Updated the image again by enhancing the starfield this time. Updated version is viewable by clicking the 'large version' link above.

EDIT: 9/17/05: Added detail to tower bricks.

Edited by Darkness_Falls, 17 September 2005 - 02:23 AM.

#2 V.D.

V.D.

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:52 AM

Thatīs really a nice 1... B)

#3 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:08 AM

With that beam of light the image is now much better balanced. :) It removes that empty spot on the right a bit, what I talked about earlier. :) Though I still think that a partial visible window would also be in order on the right side of the wall.
Gerhard

#4 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

I dunno, I kinda like it with just the one bright window. I think one more just might be too much brightness, for my eye at least. I think if anything, if I ever touch it up again for fun, I'd like to maybe add a little statue over there and highlight it up or something. It's fun to work on this stuff at least. Hopefully there's some benefit to having mood art, even though there's so much already for the earlier Thief games.

#5 _Atti_

_Atti_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:33 PM

fantastic..especially that fog and the way the things under the window reacts to that bright light..great work!

#6 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

Spar means something like this, just the hint of another window.

Attached Files

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#7 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:01 PM

Ahh, gotchya. Yeah, that would be cool, too. I'ma log that away in the back o' my brain for next time I work on this.

#8 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

Yeah. That is already enough and it mkaes the wall not look so empty but still doesn't overload it.
Gerhard

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users