Map And Scroll Graphics

10 replies to this topic

#1 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:45 PM

Just thought I'd post some of the backgrounds I've given Napalm for maps and scrolls. There is a default version and a chewed-up, older version for each.

Default Scroll

Old Scroll

Default Map

Old Map
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#2 god_is_my_goldfish

god_is_my_goldfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:11 AM

nice.
http://www.thirdfilms. com
A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QpCej-ZIQeg

#3 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:42 AM

YTEs, excellent. It probab;ly wouldn't be noticble in-game that every scroll have the same brackground, but how difficult would it be to have some different dirt decals and alpha maps (for the torn edges)
Probably a waste of time.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#4 Napalm

Napalm

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

vera nice vera nice :)

#5 _Atti_

_Atti_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:40 AM

i allways liked in t2 to have various background..so if its easily possible to do it would be a nice add..

#6 pakmannen

pakmannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:10 AM

I see you used the same template I posted in the other thread and resized it. It looks a bit blurry right now because of that. I'm pretty sure I have a high-res version lying around which you could use.

Otherwise it's lookin good!

#7 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:27 AM

Actually, I took your map file and blended it with another parchment file I had, so it's a combination of the two, with some extra playing around. :) Here's a quick look at what it would be like in-game:

Posted Image
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#8 pakmannen

pakmannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:39 AM

Bah, couldn't find it. But since Doom 3 plays at fairly low resolutions I guess it's not that big a deal. ;)

Great looking pic btw. Oh how I love that font. :) SteveHandwriting is it not?

#9 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:01 AM

That's the one. :)

#10 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:32 AM

I really like that handwriting. Here's my, ahem, effort:

Posted Image

:(

#11 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:44 AM

but how difficult would it be to have some different dirt decals and alpha maps (for the torn edges)

It's not hard at all for me to do different versions, but each one would be a separate graphics file. We might be able to use decals and alpha maps to create some kind of randomness, but that would be more work. Something to look into later.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users