The Raven Harp
Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:36 PM
Looks great. More original than I had imagined it.
I like the inclusion of a key too. Someone's been reading!
Edited by Macsen, 19 April 2005 - 04:38 PM.
Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:40 PM
I'm not entirely cool with the moon-ish symbol. As you may see in the pic, I erased what was there before quite often. Here's what I tried and why I skipped it.
- Triscel - too celtic
- Pertho or Mekstave Algiz rune - too germanic (looks like nazi-harp)
- Pentagram or Heptagram - too D&Desque
- Planetary Saturn or Pluto sign - could work, but doesn't go too well with the rest
- Classical Elemental Earth symbol - a bit too sharp cornered, also not the best choice in means of relation to the object
- Elder Sign or Yellow Sign - As much as I like Lovecraftian references, I don't think they're ok for a key item
Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:49 PM
I don't see a problem with the moon as a symbol...don't fret over it too much, as the object is going to be small enough that the symbol won't likely be very visible anyway.
Video Series: Springheel's Modules * Speedbuild Challenge * New Mappers Workshop * Building Traps
Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:17 PM
I don't know, from the looks of that, I think you should stick to the concept art)
Sneaking in this forum to post this.
Don't worry, I'll stick with my ambients in future...
It'll be a bitch to model, but all the best stuff is.
- Emil Zola
character models site
Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:24 AM
I don't have the bandwidth here to upload all ambients now, but I will attach the ravenharp image to this post for the time being.
[edit: hmm that didn't work, and I get invalid pwd or username for the ftp]
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users