More Potion Bottles

6 replies to this topic

#1 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:28 PM

I finally got my scanner working again. Here are some potion bottle sketches I did a while back for referencee. Just concepts...

Posted Image

#2 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:00 AM

That one on the top right looks awesome. It might be too overly complicated for an inventory item, but it'd be great as a prop.

#3 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:53 AM

Yeah, I thought of that as maybe a one-time-use "extra special" potion of some sort... or just a non-frobbable prop. As an "extra special" potion, though, I envisioned it repairing health all the way to 100%, versus just 20% increments or whatever a Thief2 health potion does.

Due to framerate concerns or whatever, if it shouldn't become an inventory item, then maybe allow it to be frobbed on a table. Upon frobbing there, the cork would flip up, the character would go "*gulp* ahhhh!" and the fluid inside would be reduced to nothing. Thus, there's no way to pick up the potion, but you'd be able to use it. Just a thought.

And for the one I have labeled as speed potion, it could sit on a table that way. Upon frobbing it, it would be removed from its little stand and added to your inventory.

Note: The labels I've given them are just suggestions. Not mandatory.

#4 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:29 AM

I also like this one especially. Though all of them look very cool. The top left could fit with a magician as it looks to me. And the lower right looks very good for some noble house. Nice work! :)
Gerhard

#5 Domarius

Domarius

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7659 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:34 AM

They are all great IMO, but the speed potion looks a little too much like some cartoon villan's prop to me.

#6 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:56 AM

They are great, I'll model a couple of those after I'm done with the streetlamp.

#7 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:20 AM

Coolio, thanks! Regarding the speed potion, I was just trying to figure out a way to graphically represent that it's a speed potion, if you were to see it on a table.

Not sure if you thought the same, but that's actually meant to be a separate holder for it, to allow the potion to stand upright on a table. The bottle can be taken out from it, leaving the stand there. (Some maybe thought the stand and the bottle were one unit.)

So, to represent speed, I tried making the stand something sleek. With the right texture I think it could actually work, but I'm not strongly for or against either way, really. I totally know what you're saying.

----
For that upper-right contraption:
* I envision it being a size such that when grasping the handle, the pointer finger would rest above the top bar/post, and the other three fingers (middle, ring, pinky) would go beneath that top bar/post. The thumb, of course, would rest on very top of the handle.
* The bottom metal part (underneath the flask) can be released to allow the flask to be lowered through the center ring and completely removed from the contraption altogether. A new bottle could then be shoved up through the center ring to replace the old bottle.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users