Necromancers

18 replies to this topic

#1 kfmccall

kfmccall

Concept Artist

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:24 PM

First Concept related to the Necromancer Faction.

Posted Image

#2 god_is_my_goldfish

god_is_my_goldfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:38 PM

Damn, you certainly are one talented artist :o This would work quite well for them, in my opinion.
http://www.thirdfilms. com
A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QpCej-ZIQeg

#3 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

It's a great drawing but I don't thnk it would work. It looks like a cross between a scarecrow and a zombie. Necro's look as smart as any other mages, they're not dressed in rags.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#4 kfmccall

kfmccall

Concept Artist

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

I was just following the description, is this link the most recent information concerning necromancers?

http://forums.thedar...?showtopic=2089

#5 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37754 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Looks pretty good to me for an old necromancer...maybe a little too zombie-like for use in the game though. Our necro model (I assume we'll only have one) should be easily distinguishable from a zombie.
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#6 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:48 PM

I like it personally. Comes fairly close to what I was imagining...they still need to look a little more diseased though.

Odd, if you want something to wrap your head around..since you've read the Dark Towers books, imagine they're somewhat like Rhea of the Coos. Riddled with sores, rotting skin, hair thin and stringy on their head, looks like they're just a breath away from death, but despite their appearence still have alot of vitality and pride in their stature. That should be what really seperates a Necro from a zombie, the way they move and act.

#7 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:04 AM

I have read all of the Dark Tower series.
I hadn't seen that necro description post before, so following that description hat's a pretty good concept.
I think you shoiuld bend them over like an old hag, and they should drag one leg like a cripple. The bones of really old people would be the first to go wonky and bent. He looks pretty healthy in that stance. They should have a permenant grinning leer with black and missing teeth.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#8 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13902 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

Yes, it's very good! :) The thing I would suggest, is to tame the clothing down a bit as right now it does look zombiefied and give him some old worn out shoes. ;)

#9 kfmccall

kfmccall

Concept Artist

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

This guy is still kind of grungy, but he looks a little more stable and less like the brain-gnawing zombie type. Thanks for all the suggestions before, they really help develop the concepts much quicker.

Posted Image

#10 _Atti_

_Atti_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:13 AM

i like the first concept more..its outfit was better with that thick rope,the teeth

also the long sleeves was better

#11 kfmccall

kfmccall

Concept Artist

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

Heres a few more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Napalm

Napalm

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

I like the last one best personally, or maybe the first one

#13 SneaksieDave

SneaksieDave

QA Lead

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10125 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

Do you have one from the other end of the spectrum - a smartly dressed sorcerer type, dark and wicked looking, for compare/contrast of opinion?

#14 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

I like all of the recent ones, but if I had to pick and choose I'd go with Number 2..the one with the string of ears around his neck.

#15 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:05 AM

Me too. String of ears.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#16 Corth

Corth

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:29 AM

I thought there was going to be a hood that left shadows on their faces. These guys remind me of the Nosferatu of White Wolf fame, although more... confidant?
I'm going to live forever, or die trying.

#17 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37754 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:23 PM

The last two look great. :)
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#18 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:08 AM

The faces are IMO pretty good. But I wonder why a necormance would run around like in rags. Wouldn't they be characters more guided by greed and selfesteem. So I would expect them to like like the concepts, but with a more noble clothing. After all, they spend lot of research time to help themself and not anybody else, so I would expect this to be reflected in their cloths. A high regard for themself and disregard for everybody else.
Gerhard

#19 Napalm

Napalm

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

I assume byt he way the necros look we decided to go for the other classic necro style, where they've become so involved into there work that they are half crazed forgetting about reality only to focus on their powers

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users