13 replies to this topic

#1 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

I haven't seen any discussion regarding this, and since we have already two fountains in progress, what about making some wall mounted fountains (or however you call them)? Any concepts for it? On Tyrots gamesite they have a very cool fountainhead, but I think there should be a lot of references for it, because this was quite common until 100 years ago.
Gerhard

#2 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:21 PM

Good idea ~ I like wall fountains (or whatever you call them). I'll try to make some concepts over the next few days. Others concept artists are welcome to, as well. The more concepts to choose from, the merrier.

#3 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

Sorry Sparhawk - I've not been very motivated recently. I think my real job is killing me. Oh well, I did a couple small sketches in my sketchook, but haven't been motivated to load them in here yet. I wanted to work on them more anyways. If I've been quiet recently, this is why. I'll get back to it soon, but for now... I'm taking a mini-break. Not that I've really ever been as productive as oDDity, you and others... but still. Just being honest...

#4 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

No probs. We all have this time and again. But some sketches about fountains and especially wallfountains would be cool. Did you take a look at Tyrots EXC mod? There is a pretty cool concept for a more frightening fountianhead, which we also could use.
Gerhard

#5 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:36 AM

Something pagan would be nice, like the Trickster's head, bringing the source of nature and life into the City.

#6 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2558 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

No probs. We all have this time and again. But some sketches about fountains and especially wallfountains would be cool. Did you take a look at Tyrots EXC mod? There is a pretty cool concept for a more frightening fountianhead, which we also could use.

Yep, I know what you're talking about... this:
Posted Image
If anyone has any ideas as to what they would like to see as a "wall fountain" for the toolset, please let me know here. So far, the couple that I've drawn are just water spouts coming out of a wall, cascading water down below. A little more than that, of course, but you know what I mean. If there are specific decorations or embellishments you'd like to see, or if you want it to be a huge lion's head or something gushing out water or something, lemme know. I don't want to copy the Excommunicated one because I've seen a lot of open-mouth fountains in games before. Want something a little more unique, if possible.

EDIT: Thanks Macsen - Just noticed you had an idea there. Thanks! If anyone else has more ideas that they'd also like to be explored, feel free to chime in.

#7 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:41 PM

I mean stuff like that http://www.derbesond...db_brunnen.html

or

Posted Image

You can go to google, switch to images and then enter "wandbrunnen" and you will see a variety of what I had in mind.

I also tried "Wallfountains" but "wandbrunnen" yields much better results.
Gerhard

#8 god_is_my_goldfish

god_is_my_goldfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:52 PM

I'll sketch up some in my spare time and on the train, I've got a few nifty ideas.
http://www.thirdfilms. com
A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QpCej-ZIQeg

#9 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:03 AM

The one above, where I posted the image looks pretty cool for a pagan level. :)
Gerhard

#10 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37752 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#11 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37752 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#12 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7463 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:34 PM

those are some pretty creep fountains man.

#13 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

They'll also require some pretty impressive organic modeling technique to do them justice.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#14 god_is_my_goldfish

god_is_my_goldfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:17 PM

Man, those are far better than the ones i sketched.
http://www.thirdfilms. com
A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QpCej-ZIQeg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users