40 replies to this topic

#1 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

Announcement: http://forums.thedar...?showtopic=8900

Please post any comments, bug notices, etc in this thread. If you have any issues with the new forums, please try to refresh/remove your Internet browser cache.

Thanks
~m2

~m2

#2 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

Great, things went smoother than I thought it would and I've now enabled the new/updated skin.

~m2

#3 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

urls, smileys and quotes don't seem to work in my messenger. It says ':)' instead of :) . Same for urls and quotes.

#4 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

What messenger? Did you refresh/empty your browser cache?

Try Ctrl+F5

~m2

#5 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

In the inbox of my personal messages (tried with a refresh). In my received messages the things like urls, smileys and quotes show up as you'd type them instead of hyperlinks, images and textboxes.

#6 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Right, looking in to it.

~m2

#7 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1116 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

I see now some smileys aren't working in posts either:
http://forums.thedar...m...st&p=176285
laugh.gif instead of :laugh: .

#8 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

Private Messages rebuilt and working, doing the same for forum posts now.

~m2

#9 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

I see now some smileys aren't working in posts either:
http://forums.thedar...m...st&p=176285
laugh.gif instead of :laugh: .

Fixed!

~m2

#10 Tels

Tels

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15024 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Great, things went smoother than I thought it would and I've now enabled the new/updated skin.

Thanx! :)
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

#11 Crispy

Crispy

Uber member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4996 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

Cool!

The only tiny little request I have is to reduce the horizontal padding on the grey box that surrounds all the content (#ipbwrapper). I'm sure the content used to be wider, and the change is bugging me slightly. I want all the horizontal space I can get, darnit! ;)

Then again, I could be imagining things.
My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

#12 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

Cool!

The only tiny little request I have is to reduce the horizontal padding on the grey box that surrounds all the content (#ipbwrapper). I'm sure the content used to be wider, and the change is bugging me slightly. I want all the horizontal space I can get, darnit! ;)

Then again, I could be imagining things.

Actually, that was never touched. But instead of setting the forum widt to 98% in the Liquid-style, I had to set it to 90% because the rte-box was going outside of the main wrapper.

Uhm, I guess you're using the liquid style and not the (default) fixed one? Choose your preference at the bottom. ;)

~m2

#13 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16703 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

Has the max attachment size been reduced? I used to be able to save two or three screenies, convert to jpgs, maybe crop a little, and attach to one posting. Now I'm struggling to attach one screenie.

#14 Jesps

Jesps

FM Creator

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

Has the max attachment size been reduced? I used to be able to save two or three screenies, convert to jpgs, maybe crop a little, and attach to one posting. Now I'm struggling to attach one screenie.

On the "Max. single upload size" it says 50K. I think it used to be 2MB

#15 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

I haven't changed any settings, must be the default settings that was changed in the package.

2 MB max size per attachment is just plain silly if you're not uploading bmp's or high ress images.

~m2

#16 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16703 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

I would think 500K is reasonable at least. If we post screenshots we want to post high res and one jpg migh be 100K to 200K. I've just posted in one of the private forums 4 modest jpgs to help clarify a prefab and had to post each one on a separate post.

#17 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16703 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

While we are talking attachments, I think sometimes there is waste because if you upload the wrong image or change it later you cannot delete the old one - nor can you link to it from another post as far as I can tell so have to upload it again.

#18 Tels

Tels

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15024 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

I would think 500K is reasonable at least. If we post screenshots we want to post high res and one jpg migh be 100K to 200K. I've just posted in one of the private forums 4 modest jpgs to help clarify a prefab and had to post each one on a separate post.

Also, attachements with editor shots or screenshots should be PNG to presever the fine details (thin lines!) that get easily lost with JPEGs. I agree that 2Mbyte is a bit too big, but 50K is way to little. 500K seems a reasonable size (my screenshots are between 100 and 300Kbyte usually)
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

#19 Crispy

Crispy

Uber member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4996 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

Actually, that was never touched. But instead of setting the forum widt to 98% in the Liquid-style, I had to set it to 90% because the rte-box was going outside of the main wrapper.

That must be it.

Uhm, I guess you're using the liquid style and not the (default) fixed one? Choose your preference at the bottom. ;)

Yes, I changed back to liquid immediately. Can't stand the fixed style. :)
My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

#20 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37376 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Is it just me, or do we have to log in every time now?
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#21 Constantine

Constantine

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

Is it just me, or do we have to log in every time now?

I logged in manually for several days, tryed checking "remember me", and yesterday the forum remembered me at last. Today I was logged in automatically :)

#22 Tels

Tels

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15024 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:56 AM

Also, attachements with editor shots or screenshots should be PNG to presever the fine details (thin lines!) that get easily lost with JPEGs. I agree that 2Mbyte is a bit too big, but 50K is way to little. 500K seems a reasonable size (my screenshots are between 100 and 300Kbyte usually)

Can the upload limit please be raised to the old limit? The 100K is too little for screenshots, and I dislike to post screenshots to third party sites (where they might disappear any time, not to mention leaks by posting internal stuff to some unrelated other page).

#23 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16054 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

Yes, 100k is definitely too small. I tried to upload a ~ 400x300 PNG screenshot section and it wouldn't allow me. Had to convert it to JPG and cut it down considerably.

I also noticed that the TDM logo on the DarkWiki is missing, was it hosted on the forums?

#24 modetwo

modetwo

Previous Forum Hoster

• Root
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Max attachment space per post upped to 1000 KB. Also fixed Wiki logo.

~m2

#25 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16054 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users