The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

@Sotha: You can create a particle that spawns both the dripping water as well as the splashes. This should make synchronization easier me thinks.

Ok so i've added some lights and wow it makes a huge difference. Bikerdude taught me the ways of bling and you Sotha have taught me the ways of light.

This makes a huge freakin' difference!

XKkz0Or.jpg

Now it looks good.

PS: In TDM, it also allows duplicate items to have a slightly different appearance in game, so everything doesn't look exactly identical/copied.

Could you please explain how to use that? it sounds like a very useful feature

Another note on this:

You can vary the flickering of torchlights, as well as their color value. The differences for the last should not be too big, though. But having slight differences may make the scene more interesting/believable.

LfsI4GZ.jpg

Without industry...Where would you be now? Without iiiinduuustry!

Lovely. Is this from a mission you are currently working on? (Please say yes :) )

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

@Sotha: You can create a particle that spawns both the dripping water as well as the splashes. This should make synchronization easier me thinks.

Yeah, that's how I did it. I don't think it is even possible with separate emitters, because identical emitters are offset upon map start.

Lovely. Is this from a mission you are currently working on? (Please say yes :) )

That's a Yes. I started it during the xmas holidays, so progress is pretty slow. I suppose it is ready before the next xmas.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Great shots. The 5th one down could use either a little grime to fake AO or some more varied lighting in the dark areas

but overall still top notch. Something about your choice of colors reminds me of Bikerdude's original draft version of St Alban's

city section before he decided take on more of Melan's desaturated influence. I like it. I has the warmth of an old village rather

than the oppressive gloom of a decaying urban empire. (not that there's anything wrong with the latter, I just like seeing how

different artists interpret the TDM setting).

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Sotha that is looking very cool and wet.

I wanted to do something like this for any sewer or wet areas in my maps but could not work out how. I think there should be a prefab for it.

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

Moonbo,

Those pix look creepy and homely at the same time I think. I love cathedral like churches and monasteries, They look inviting for some reason, Like they warrant investigation and stealthy investigation at that:) Yours is no exception that's for sure.

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

Nice ones. How far are you from completion?

These recent screenshots are very promising!

I know of a good place to put the Moors to use, so they are a welcome addition!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Aaaaaaaaaaawesome :) Good job. Can't wait to see those ingame.

Killed a pro guard? That's nasty. Can't wait for some sword fighting shenanigans with this new AI.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Now that's good lighting.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Now that's good lighting.

+1.

Looks rEALLy good. The only thing that stood out to me is that the whole room looks dusty and in disarray however both the rugs appear to be lined up exactly straight. Bump them off kilter a bit so they don't look odd in the space.

Very atmospheric room you have there.

it doses indeed, but the lack of casted shadows is a little jarring.

Maybe the objects does but there is too much ambient in it? However, it makes it look a bit sureal me thinks.

Maybe the objects does but there is too much ambient in it? However, it makes it look a bit sureal me thinks.

Considering we don't know the story behind the picture, how the character got there, what universe its set in, if theres magic/potion effects involved etc etc it's hard to say at face value. We will have to wait and play :)