So, what are you working on right now?

7417 replies to this topic

#7351 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

Ah cool, I might have a go at doing that then. Will start of simple like removing text and changing colors.

Wonna drop me a PM sop I can create these for you, so you can include them in the final release.

Once these release it's truly out of my hands at that point as to what people want to do with them, or if they want to kitbash/modifiy them with other existing assets. As for making additional skins, it would be difficult (but still possible) without using Substance Painter. Though I don't recommend it as most the control comes into play with smart masks and real time preview adjustments. I don't give out source assets (highpolys and working files) as a matter of principal, simply to maintain and supply legal grounds as the valid owner (should the need ever arise for it). It's a standard I uphold across all mods I've worked on but to that end I only share the final release versions for that reason.

Once these files (among probably a hundred other bits of models) make their debut in a collaboration FM, I'll be seeing to a public release for community use.

• Anderson likes this

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#7352 Judith

Judith

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

Looks good, you might want to put it on Sketchfab to show off the materials a bit more :)

#7353 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

Epifire - that safe looks fkn awesome (idk if I'd open it onto a prize bust tho) and the distress on the metal is mint.

However, the hinges and handle look pristine or plastic compared to the rest of the metalwork.

There is a visual disparity between the mechanical parts that would experience wear (hand-wear on wheel and oil/movement wear on hinge) and the static parts that would remain polished and in good order (that are the most distressed).

Only my eye - pinch of salt, mate.

But... wow... Really nice.

#7354 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

POPULAR

fmT6sAF.jpg

Hey! For this particular scene I actually had a couple of lighting experiments I had done that I liked way more than this. However, I couldn't find any screenshots of them so I just had to post the most recent version of the map. I just found the old screenshots in my Recycle Bin, so it's time to amend that picture!

Abr0113.png
uObupiW.png
z43mcLw.png

Anyway, anyway, that's old stuff I'm not working on right now. Right now, I've actually got a fair amount of an FM done, but I don't really want to show any screenshots to the public (a couple people from the community have seen my current WIP). Suffice it to say I'm hard at work and you should be expecting some exciting stuff in the (near?) future!
  • Bikerdude, Judith, Melan and 9 others like this

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#7355 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36144 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

That lighting is drool-worthy.

#7356 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:21 AM

That lighting is drool-worthy.

+1, the normal on that rug is awesome.

• teh_saccade likes this

#7357 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

+1, the normal on that rug is awesome.

Yeah - Spook's attention to detail such as how the chair-leg has rumpled the carpet is really noteworthy.

Waiting for some "worn" looking decals to start making an appearance down the middle of heavy traffic areas.

• Anderson likes this

#7358 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

Gorgeous work. Can you bind say a painting to them as a cover?

#7359 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

I like the wood outlines of the hall doorway pass in the second picture. It has a very distinct reminiscence of Thief: DS, would love to see that used more often in TDM. There's something very special about it.

#7360 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

POPULAR

Springheel's modules and an hour of detailing a room produced this

eAXLUgv.jpg

edit: updated with slimmer windows

Edited by Goldwell, 09 May 2017 - 12:48 PM.

• Springheel, Bikerdude, Melan and 6 others like this
The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#7361 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

POPULAR

Started a town map, this is just the start. I have a thing for Venice, so I'm going to use it. :)

ve2_zps9btep1m9.jpg

ve1_zpswyhxcfbx.png

Edited by NeonsStyle, 09 May 2017 - 01:44 PM.

• Springheel, Bikerdude, Melan and 8 others like this

#7362 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4914 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

Springheel's modules and an hour of detailing a room produced this

eAXLUgv.jpg

edit: updated with slimmer windows

Nice, but the chimney of the fireplace should rach to the ceiling, shouldn't it?

• NeonsStyle likes this
FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#7363 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

@Neons, very nice mixing the new modules with brush based buildings. Only crit is the canal could do with being half the width it is atm.

#7364 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

Good job there NeonStyle, your canals look fantastic!

I get a bit of a Thief 2 done modern vibe from that screenshot as well. Looking forward to playing it :)

• nbohr1more likes this
The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#7365 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4355 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

NeonsStyle: I like where it is going - it is a different style than we are used to, and that's great!

• nbohr1more and Goldwell like this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#7366 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

Spooks, that is just exquisite lighting

#7367 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

@Neons, very nice mixing the new modules with brush based buildings. Only crit is the canal could do with being half the width it is atm.

I can see that, however this canal is based on a real one, so I've modelled it after that. There will be others and they will be

very narrow. If you're going to do Venice, then you have to have at least one wide canal. :) I think it's important to mix prefabs,

modules with brush based buildings, otherwise everyones maps will end up looking the same. These are combination

prefabs and brush built. 

Thanks guys. :)

Edited by NeonsStyle, 11 May 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#7368 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

Spoiler

Edited by teh_saccade, 17 May 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#7369 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

I am working on making sure my

Edited by teh_saccade, 19 May 2017 - 09:22 AM.

• nbohr1more and Anderson like this

#7370 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

posts aren't split up, like this.

Edited by teh_saccade, 19 May 2017 - 09:23 AM.

• nbohr1more and Anderson like this

#7371 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

POPULAR

Spooks - are you sure you're not secretly an interior designer? The choice of your ambient light, colours, pattern, and interior decor is always so in compliment with everything else in view - it is consistently very well done, always improving.

Well I have background in art so I like to think that helps.

Mapping can be solitary work, so I think it's time I shared the first screenshot of the FM I'm working on the forums. I just finished this staircase section, but it's still very much work in progress. Still, I think it represents a close approximation of the quality I'm aiming for in the rest of the FM.

wnJVwoe.jpg

• Springheel, Bikerdude, Judith and 12 others like this

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#7372 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:38 AM

Oh looking lovely Spooks. Very moody.

I've always thought TDM levels too dark, because I felt in the medieval times, houses would be as light as they could make them;

of course that would depend on the wealth level. 

It's like Patina, we take it for granted, and it's adds so much, but in the times, most of the stuff we consider old would

be new. That beautiful medieval house you saw, in it's day would've been the new kid on the block. Sometimes I think

we forget that in levels. However patina does do so much for immersiveness. There's nothing like a grime soaked wall. :)

Imagine how grimy your new modern home will look in a thousand years (if it's still standing), such a contrast to it's 

state today. 

Edited by NeonsStyle, 19 May 2017 - 02:45 AM.

• Anderson likes this

#7373 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

POPULAR

I'm working on a small harbour mission (it was going to be the first area of a much more amibitious, currently shelved plan).

I'm really just posting these as some tentative motivation - please note nothing is final, particularly there is very little detail or lighting. I'm trying as best I can to block out the whole map, whilst also starting to build in the feel of each area, but not get bogged down in placing loads of objects or details.

The first is/will be a marketplace area in the harbour. In the background you can dimly see a sailor's tavern and what will be a port office/admiralty type building. The second is the larger harbour area, bordered by warehouses (furnished by some lovely modules) Also everything is quite on-grid feeling at the moment, the plan is to finish the buildings and then replace/rotate them to make the scene more organic. Not the warehouses mind.

Also, ignore the fps - it doesn't run that badly! Or, I should probably say, everything runs that badly!

I really need to find a good water effect/texture to suit such a place. Nothing I've tried so far really works. But again, I'm not finalising anything. Also the skybox is just a prefab.

Attached Thumbnails

• market2.jpg
  • harbour1.jpg

Edited by Fingernail, 23 May 2017 - 12:09 PM.

• Springheel, Bikerdude, Melan and 7 others like this

#7374 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Well I have background in art so I like to think that helps.

For me atleast the image is very very dark, so cant see much.

The first is/will be a marketplace area in the harbour.

My only feedback would be the spacing (height and width), its a tad on the large side, otherwise looking good with nice texture placement.

#7375 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

My only feedback would be the spacing (height and width), its a tad on the large side, otherwise looking good with nice texture placement.

Yeah, this had occurred to me too with the market... I was going to leave it until I had some other elements in there (stalls/AI) to decide for sure. My idea was to make it quite packed and cluttered with stalls on all sides, but obviously closed up for the night.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

demagogue