7417 replies to this topic

#7401 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Slaved on this scene the whole day. I am figuring out the style I want to go for in my exterior, so this art test will be a good stepping stone to the actual map.

uRagNw5.png
vBGAKy7.png
klufEYO.png
knOT6vL.png

Far out Spooks that looks incredible. Your use of lighting and shadows are perfect!

• Bikerdude, PPoe and MirceaKitsune like this
The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#7402 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:10 AM

POPULAR

Well the time has come. As some of you know I've been working on making a fully functional tram vehicle for TDM. I finally completed my work on the highpoly and wanted to share some renders on the design before I head to retopo and baking/texturing. 

tram_final_zpstggsjntn.png

tram_final_2_zps2x0j6vpj.png

tram_final_4_zpsd6e7elpf.png

tram_final_3_zpstfqzolqr.png

As of the time of writing this the tram gameplay itself is fully functional (with sounds and two way motion). Now I just have to finish the tram itself as well as a railway track set to use for it's path.

• Springheel, Bikerdude, Judith and 8 others like this

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#7403 Judith

Judith

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

That's tons of good HP work. Will those pipes and tanks/batteries at the bottom be ever visible to the player though? ;)

• Epifire likes this

#7404 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:15 AM

That's the magnetic driver plates that move the tram on the bottom. I plan on making a non-riding version of it and since I'm also constructing suspended bridge style railways it's very possible. 

• Judith and Anderson like this

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#7405 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

Slaved on this scene the whole day. I am figuring out the style I want to go for in my exterior, so this art test will be a good stepping stone to the actual map.

That scene looks drool worthy, what DC number are you getting..?

#7406 Judith

Judith

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

That's the magnetic driver plates that move the tram on the bottom. I plan on making a non-riding version of it and since I'm also constructing suspended bridge style railways it's very possible. 

And, you can always crash one somewhere in the level to show off that goodness underneath :) I'd love to see it textured and in real-time.

• CarltonTroisi likes this

#7407 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

The quality of the model is through the roof, all the details, the precise hard surface modeling coupled with the soft detail of the couch. Im amazed at how much work was put into in, the geometry is stunning. I quite like the style of it, because it blends a sort of futuristic design with a bit of kitsch and antique feeling to some of the elements. Will be great seeing your texturing for this, and even more so seeing it working in game.

• Epifire likes this

#7408 Epifire

Epifire

• Active Developer
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

The quality of the model is through the roof, all the details, the precise hard surface modeling coupled with the soft detail of the couch. Im amazed at how much work was put into in, the geometry is stunning. I quite like the style of it, because it blends a sort of futuristic design with a bit of kitsch and antique feeling to some of the elements. Will be great seeing your texturing for this, and even more so seeing it working in game.

Thankyou! I'm very happy to see this getting done as I was stuck trying to get the gameplay end of it in place for the past month. Once I have a whole working scene with this in it I wanted to record a video of the whole thing in action. To be sure I'll definitely circle back with the finished model at the very least.

• Anderson likes this

Speak to the EPI!

#7409 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

That scene looks drool worthy, what DC number are you getting..?

It isn't properly VP'd yet, so I'd be unfair to throw preliminary numbers around, but it does hover in the 55-60 FPS range.

• Bikerdude likes this

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#7410 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

POPULAR

Melan and myself have been putting in some time on Shadowhide's city mission, currently with the help of Skacky, Obsttorte and Destined. These are just a hand full of the multitude of locations and vista's - enjoy.

SLidqfA.jpg

N90W9nY.jpg

z5gjZhQ.jpg

fZ4Wt0T.jpg

dwGxqUu.jpg

ByulnFx.jpg

dh4SnM3.jpg

1hd57HD.jpg

STzOf4l.jpg

Edited by Bikerdude, Yesterday, 04:13 AM.

• PsymH, Dragofer, nbohr1more and 7 others like this

#7411 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4914 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:45 AM

You really need to learn to spell my name correct. Maybe you should stick with Obs ;)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#7412 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:23 AM

Typo corrected -_-

• Obsttorte likes this

#7413 Dragofer

Dragofer

Modeler

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 PM

Now that's a sewer. I also like the apartments, such as the speakeasy and the one with the persian window, I've been following progress on that.
(Note: there's a misalignment of a bar, last shot, bottom left)

It must be addicting, to have so many apartments, streets & niches across multiple large maps at your fingertips.
  • Bikerdude likes this

#7414 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:19 PM

The best thing about this map is the shear number of ways the player can get from point A to point Z -

• there are numbers thief Highway routes (and Im making more of these as I go),
  • there is the streets which maze-like (I have have asked Obsttorte to create an Auto map, otherwise players will surely get lost)
  • and then there is the expansive sewer system with attached & adjacent underground and basement locations.

I walked from one side of the map to the other and it puts BCD to shame in that regard :blink:

Edited by Bikerdude, Yesterday, 03:19 PM.

#7415 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted Today, 07:08 AM

Those shots look incredible Bikerdude!

Especially the last image of the spiral staircase in the sewers, top notch work man!

• Bikerdude likes this
The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#7416 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted Today, 01:10 PM

Especially the last image of the spiral staircase in the sewers, top notch work man!

Thank you for the kind words.

The original version of that cistern was built by our very own Flanders, I then built the spiral stairs and did a detail pass or two. The whole sewer section (there are several other sections in addition to the two shots shown above) was originally built for BCD, but due to hitting various DR/TDM limits we had to remove it. So when this map came along it was a no brainer.

• Goldwell likes this

#7417 CarltonTroisi

CarltonTroisi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted Today, 01:57 PM

• there is the streets which maze-like (I have have asked Obsttorte to create an Auto map, otherwise players will surely get lost)

Good idea!  The auto-map is something we need more of.

I could have used it for BCD, also...   ^_^

#7418 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18340 posts

Posted Today, 02:53 PM

I could have used it for BCD, also...   ^_^

BCD came with an Auto map...

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users