#7726 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Thank you!!

I made 2 more smaller variations of the chandelier for diversity. Also have been fixing/improving BHM, man I missed it so much. :) I put the new chandelier into the ball room.

That second shot is incredible! I remember seeing another angle of that same scene years back, it was this one:

AIf2HJ6.png

Which has always been my favorite visual scene in any tdm mission. It's so good to have you back and working on things again! :D

• Dram likes this

The Accountant Trilogy
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Campaign

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#7727 Epifire

Epifire

Advanced Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

Thank you!!

I made 2 more smaller variations of the chandelier for diversity. Also have been fixing/improving BHM, man I missed it so much. :) I put the new chandelier into the ball room.

Such a great shot with the large gear forms being a major part of the scene and layout. Reminds me of how some very large imagery was crafted into the levels and layout of Bioshock Infinite. If you fellas need an extra hand with enviro detailing, I'd love to hop on that with you guys. I try and commit larger scenes to texture atlas and can be pretty flexible for mesh optimizations (shadow/draws included). It looks like some real fun for the portfolio, so toss me a PM if you're interested Dram!

You need a model? Epi does you a model.

Toss me a PM I promise I don't bite.

#7728 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7452 posts

Posted Today, 11:54 AM

That second shot is incredible! I remember seeing another angle of that same scene years back, it was this one:

Which has always been my favorite visual scene in any tdm mission. It's so good to have you back and working on things again! :D

Thank you so much Goldwell! It has been great watching the level of quality rise in TDM missions since release to now, largely due to what PCs can handle these days vs back then. Your missions are damn epic too mate :) Beautiful. It's great to see so much talent in a free project, really speaks volumes of the original Thief and the community that started around it. In my opinion by FAR the most dedicated :)

Such a great shot with the large gear forms being a major part of the scene and layout. Reminds me of how some very large imagery was crafted into the levels and layout of Bioshock Infinite.

Thank you Epifire! Funny memory for me regarding those gear shapes was that I was drawing them as they were installing our air conditioner unit above my head, so crap was falling onto the papers as I was drawing it hehe. That was back in Australia.

Incidentally I still have those crappy concepts...

Attached Thumbnails

• 002.jpg
  • 003.jpg
  • 001.jpg

• RPGista, Goldwell, Aosys and 1 other like this

#7729 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7452 posts

Posted Today, 11:59 AM

If you fellas need an extra hand with enviro detailing, I'd love to hop on that with you guys. I try and commit larger scenes to texture atlas and can be pretty flexible for mesh optimizations (shadow/draws included). It looks like some real fun for the portfolio, so toss me a PM if you're interested Dram!

Thank you for the help offer! I would definitely say yes if BHM was less complete, but right now there is mainly scripting/objectives/pathing etc to complete, with a few areas to redo in terms of enviro. If you still want to work together however, would be epic fun for the next map!

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dram, Amadeus