So, what are you working on right now?

7758 replies to this topic

#7751 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37106 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

No, a decal is the right way to go, it just looked like that rectangle shadow might be the bottom of a small brush that is casting a shadow.

#7752 Rooz

Rooz

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

Wow, I completely read your post wrong. I figured out what those shadows were. I had two extra patches under it. Anyway, I'm working a fake job for the next two weeks where I get a lot of time to sit around and do whatever I want on my computer. Im looking forward to making some good progress.
  • Springheel, Epifire and Anderson like this

#7753 JackFarmer

JackFarmer

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

POPULAR

The Order of Thieves: Qualifying Examination

I have connected all areas of my island, and what shall I say? It works! (oh yes, oh yes, oh yes).

Let's celebrate with a few new shots:

Bank_Main.jpg

Bank_II.jpg

Cabin_III.jpg

Crypt_II.jpg

Harrington_Mansion_outside.jpg

Sewers.jpg

Next week I will start to create new patches in order to replace ugly cliffs and rocks I created from simple patches and brushes.  Subsequently I will start adding AI, some more models, readables and a few switches and mechanical devices I have left out till now. I hope to start with beta testing in August...maybe earlier.

• PsymH, Dragofer, nbohr1more and 8 others like this

#7754 Epifire

Epifire

Advanced Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

Some very intriguing designs you've got there Jack! As a firm believer in the use of material blends, I'd suggest a vertex paint for cliffs if you hadn't considered it. With newest versions of DR able to support LWO format, it's a fantastic way to fake depth and crevice information (visually). Last year I put together a tutorial just for that purpose (of painting DR based geometry)... http://wiki.thedarkm...ng_in_Lightwave

More reading on the subject if you're interested in the method... https://www.katsbits...d-to-models.php

• RPGista and JackFarmer like this

You need a model? Epi does you a model.

Toss me a PM I promise I don't bite.

#7755 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:57 PM

Seem familiar, anyone? ;)

Spoiler

• PsymH, nbohr1more and Anderson like this

#7756 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

POPULAR

Hey, friends, here's an update for you. I've wanted to post this since last week but never could find the time. I've shown various pieces of content over the past months without a lot of explanation of what's from where and when you might expect a real release from me.

I started a speedbuild shortly before the release of 2.06, not really expecting to meet the release window. Still, I've made some good progress for 35 hours of mapping and I intend to stick through this one to its completion. I'm lucky to get 4 hours of free time a day nowadays, so progress is unfortunately slow, but know that I am still dedicating a large portion of my time to TDM regardless. I currently do not have screenshots of this speedbuild to share with you as I am in the trenches of the environment pass stage, where everything is half-finished. I'm aiming for, at most, 100 hours before I take this map to beta testing, so let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I have two, bigger maps on the backburner, which are a part of a campaign, and another one-off which I don't plan on touching until those are done. If you enjoyed the background for the new TDM site design or the 2.06 release image, guess what? They're from one of those maps! I provided some screenshots to Springheel and I am really happy that he gracefully chose to feature them. It is my hope that, if nothing else, my snazzy scenes spark up some interest for the mod from outside viewers. There is an additional screenshot in the Media tab of the website that is also by me, if you haven't been there I recommend checking it out.

• Springheel, Dragofer, RPGista and 5 others like this

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#7757 R Soul

R Soul

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 PM

POPULAR

Making a chain using Blender's physics engine (to get it to hang right):

At any frame the object can be merged and exported as a static mesh. We can also use the array and curve modifiers, but the latter distorts each mesh.

More info in the video description.

Edited by R Soul, Yesterday, 05:43 PM.

• Springheel, RPGista, Goldwell and 3 others like this

#7758 Dragofer

Dragofer

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted Today, 04:02 AM

POPULAR

What started as a cog for Petike has received its stern:

Tyn2fCf.jpg?1

There's a much bigger fish out there for me to fry, however, and I've been doing a lot of frying on that one lately...

• Bikerdude, nbohr1more, RPGista and 5 others like this

#7759 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts

Posted Today, 03:43 PM

So lovely... Looks so nice with the dark grey environment, and that water. Brilliant.

A lot of good work lately. Sppoks, that homepage screenshot is amazing.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users