The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

On another note, after beta testing Tr00pertj's mission and realizing I've been pondering over my current WIP for way too long, I've decided to start a new mission. Something small that I can get out the door to waiting fans and also a precursor to the mission I've been working on which will hopefully be my second in the series.

I think it will also help to complete a mission and get more experience seeing how everything works together prior to creating a larger map so that I can better plan ahead.

So in keeping with the Shakespearean title of the second mission, "A Mid-summer Nights Thieve", which is getting put on hold for now and may get an entire redesign, I'm beginning work on the precursor, "Much Ado About Something."

Currently I have the story completely fleshed out (first thing I did this time), I also have a MSPaint rough layout of the buildings, routes, guard paths/positions, and light positions which should help the mapping flow a great deal.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail, I guess there's some truth to that. :D

Edited by Lux
  • Like 4

Seconded

My plan is to plan ahead how can i fail. :D

All jokes aside, Have you started the Much Ado About Something build?

I have been thinking about just what you did a lot, Fleshing out the story and making a mockup of the map and mission etc. On paper and in gimp. After my next map is in beta I intend to start the planning process for the following map.

I hold out in hope to see your Wip someday, A Mid-summer Nights Thieve just sounds intriguing.

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

I've started it this morning, yes. I have the story completely done (I wrote the story last night) which links to the next mission that I was working on. The base buildings, facades, and streets are blocked out, lamp posts in place, and the building skyline set. Currently I'm putting in visportals.

Next up , texturing and detailing the streets and facades. Then on to the interiors and then AI pathing, and finally readables and loot placement and any remaining details.

Edited by Lux

Sweet page man, very nice architectural material. One can also find plenty of visual information on the Gutemberg site, architecture section (drawings on historical buildings).

Evening

Baal and myself thought we would post some screenshots of the wip mission we have been working on and off for the last 12 months, enjoy.

Where one can retire of an evening and drink a glass of wine:

post-496-0-72954700-1374966037_thumb.jpg

The halls of this manor exude opulence and prestige:

post-496-0-20581100-1374966050_thumb.jpg

No manor is complete with out a working basement:

post-496-0-59559200-1374966062_thumb.jpg

Wow looks great! I especially love that first picture Bikerdude, looks so beautiful!

That's very, very nice work! I suppose it is almost ready for release, right? Right? :D

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Looks like something to make alcohol in (a distill or whatever it is called in english).

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter