The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

I can promise there is TDM version of T2 called "Cathedral of Damned"

very familiar

SH, thank you for reminding us how fugly the T2 engine looks ^^

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

@SH, the map was based on that mission, after playing the beta I emailed the author for permission to create a new and updated version for TDM and thuse my seasons contest map was born!

cool,I enjoyed this T2 fm a lot,hope TDM version will be better !

SH, thank you for reminding us how fugly the T2 engine looks ^^

:osorry,but I think this Fm is much better than most of TDM ones

I just didn't look at graphics,I love DarkEngine

Proceed with caution!

Also don't forget half of that shot is the texture, without it, it would look nearly as good as it does! If you like I take a shot of the same location with out all the effects and fancy texture..?

i also realized that...please give a shot with a normal stone/bricktexture.

Edited by Johannes Burock

yeah but I think the tdm tex, main brick there is over scaled by 2, which makes the fine details just too big and rough looking.

The arch looks just as good imo.

i think the orgtex is def. a real masterpiece...in TDM are only some of this kind of texture and this arent as goos as this one, also if you scale them down. there are some marble tex which also looks nearly like this one.

Edited by Johannes Burock

The second two screenies are good. You seem to understand what makes lighting interesting. :) In the first, I would remove a few windows, especially on the balconies. Old construction tends to have smaller and fewer ones. Also, some variety in elevation (stairs, subtle slopes, even bumps and potholes - there are both simpler and slightly more complex techniques for this) would enhance your construction a lot.

Carry on! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Looks good to me, you certainly have nothing to be ashamed of in terms of visual quality.

My favourite is the bar/restaurant interior, it looks interesting. It could use some ceiling beams and maybe some support columns to make it look more medieval. At present it looks rather modern: wide spaces, flat roof...

The exterior shots look nice too. You might want to try and incorporate some deviations to the 90 degree angles to make it look more medieval. At a later detail adding sweep, you might wanna put some patch bumps into the streets to make it look a bit more organic.

Keep up the good work.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

That's hell of a first try, Xcen! :laugh: Great use of shadows. Seriously.

are you sure you wouldn't like to join our novice mapping campaign we just started, xcen? I think we could squeeze in 1 more. You can use that map you've already started for it no problems.

Indeed, if you feel like it, it may not be a bad idea. B)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved