Photo

Fan Mission: The Parcel by Xonze (2009/12/24)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Fan Mission: The Parcel by Xonze (2009/12/24) (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tolerable (12 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

3. Voted Good (37 votes [56.92%])

Percentage of vote: 56.92%

4. Excellent (14 votes [21.54%])

Percentage of vote: 21.54%

5. Near perfect. Outstanding (2 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing ect.

1. Poor (2 votes [3.08%])

2. Tolerable (4 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

3. Voted Good (39 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

4. Excellent (18 votes [27.69%])

Percentage of vote: 27.69%

Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling (eg, dead nobleman, empty safe open, items strewn.)

1. Poor (1 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

2. Tolerable (16 votes [24.62%])

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

3. Voted Good (42 votes [64.62%])

Percentage of vote: 64.62%

4. Excellent (4 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

After lots of beta testing (thanks guys) and fixing I think I'm ready to release my Xmas Fm, The Parcel. Its your standard get in, grab something and get out.

Briefing: "I was expecting a package today just in time for Christmas, but it never showed. The runner never appeared either and I began to wonder what may of happened as Dave has never been late before. I did some digging and I finally found where he is, and where my parcel is as well. This, John Randell, has crossed the wrong guy. It's time to go to work."

Build time: This was built in a little under two weeks. Started December 6th and finished on the 16th before beta testing.

Known issues: Lights look lit even after putting them out. This seems to be a texture bug with the lamp itself.

The Parcel
http://www.southquarter.com/downloads/

Hope you have fun and Happy Holidays!

Xonze
  • SneaksieDave likes this

#2 SneakyJack

SneakyJack

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Cant wait to check it out! Thank you.

Edit: Loved the atmosphere, look and feel of this mission and I had alot of fun. Posted a review here with screens for anyone interested in checking it out.

Edited by SneakyJack, 24 December 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#3 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16705 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

Well done Xonze - I've just got time for a quick look before Christmas then continue it later. :)

#4 Nielsen74

Nielsen74

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

uhhh yer graping this mission "just" to play Posted Image (insted of testing, twiking and whatnot of my oven Posted Image)

#5 _Atti_

_Atti_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

Just played it, really nice mission! And its quite large too. I found it a bit easy to hide, i've rarely been spotted. I couldnt finish it on hardest difficulty because i didnt manage to find all the loot even with all the residents ko-d.
I think it was great how the interiors and the exterior were connected and the loot i found was placed well. Little details like the small heap of snow on the statue's head and such made this one very atmospheric.

#6 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16705 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

Just had 15 minutes to get the feel of it and like it very much. I think this is the first finished FM with snow! I'll continue probably day after...

#7 shadow_ibix

shadow_ibix

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

Very nice mission - nice look, interesting guard placement. Playing on difficult.

Cant find the right bedroom key, where can you get it?
Searching did reveal:
Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hi shadow,

Spoiler

Thanks,

Xonze

Very nice mission - nice look, interesting guard placement. Playing on difficult.

Cant find the right bedroom key, where can you get it?
Searching did reveal:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 shadow_ibix

shadow_ibix

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hi Xonze,

Oh gosh,
Spoiler

Thanks finished missing 60 loot :blush:
I think this is a really nice 'mansion-style' mission, and it is very impressive that you did this in two weeks.

#10 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the great write up sneaky, I really appreciate it! (I was so nervous releasing this as it's the first map I've ever released, but your review made me feel a lot better lol :D)

Just want to mention that it was built in 2 weeks but was beta tested up until today by some excellent people who took time out of their busy holidays to help me. Luckily nothing major had to be changed just some performance tweaks and z-fighting and other tiny glitches.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review of it and play it!

And thanks to everyone else who's played this and voted, I'm really glad you all enjoyed it :D

Happy holidays,

Xonze

Cant wait to check it out! Thank you.

Edit: Loved the atmosphere, look and feel of this mission and I had alot of fun. Posted a review here with screens for anyone interested in checking it out.

#11 SneakyJack

SneakyJack

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

Thank you for the great mission - and I do hope you'll make a mansion mission ten times that size in the future ;)

#12 Nielsen74

Nielsen74

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

Nice littel mansion mission Posted Image finished 95 loot short Posted Image and there was small nitpiks like textures not fitting right and a loot counter that dit not show the last number????

Posted Image

but all in all a nice mission for a 2 week build Posted Image

#13 Sonosuke

Sonosuke

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Sorry but i cant vote here, it was really nice to play but i just dont know how to vote. For a two weeks work its awesome but you cant compair it to, like Nielsen74s map what is normal because of the time so.... sorry

Edited by Sonosuke, 24 December 2009 - 06:36 PM.

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

#14 SneakyJack

SneakyJack

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Alright its driving me crazy so I have to ask -

Spoiler

I've combed the mission from top to bottom but still can't figure it out :laugh:

Edited by SneakyJack, 24 December 2009 - 06:43 PM.

#15 Sonosuke

Sonosuke

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

Alright its driving me crazy so I have to ask -

Spoiler

I've combed the mission from top to bottom but still can't figure it out :laugh:

Spoiler

Edited by Sonosuke, 24 December 2009 - 06:51 PM.

• Jon Irenicus likes this
Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

#16 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

The counter was something I couldn't reproduce on my end, and nothing special was done to it so its odd that it acts that way. All the loot is there, there are two rings that might be a bit hard to fine, but if you're trying to get all the loot it shouldn't be really easy.

Thanks for playing,

Xonze

Nice littel mansion mission Posted Image finished 95 loot short Posted Image and there was small nitpiks like textures not fitting right and a loot counter that dit not show the last number????

Posted Image

but all in all a nice mission for a 2 week build Posted Image

#17 etdarkb

etdarkb

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

Just played, it is really too easy. The only difficult part is finding the necessary loot as it is well hidden. Maybe you should consider to add a KO limit and no Kill also in normal difficulty.

On the other hand I loved the story, nice and simple. :D
Spoiler

I do not know if it is intended, but the `shop' in the beginning seems meaning that you are an extremely rich man... but yet you go yourself in this kind of jobs.

#18 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

I hadn't heard it was too easy, but I guess one person's hard is another's easy.

What do you mean shop? If you mean the buying screen in the beginning there shouldn't be anything in there, so not sure what you mean.

Thanks for playing,

Xonze

Just played, it is really too easy. The only difficult part is finding the necessary loot as it is well hidden. Maybe you should consider to add a KO limit and no Kill also in normal difficulty.

On the other hand I loved the story, nice and simple. :D

Spoiler

I do not know if it is intended, but the `shop' in the beginning seems meaning that you are an extremely rich man... but yet you go yourself in this kind of jobs.

#19 Nielsen74

Nielsen74

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

What do you mean shop? If you mean the buying screen in the beginning there shouldn't be anything in there, so not sure what you mean.

Way is it there then?
you could just hav added shop_skip 1 to any worldspawn (brush) to skip the shop if there is no need for it!

I couldn't reproduce the error with the loot counter my selv? just a flux I think Posted Image

Edited by Nielsen74, 24 December 2009 - 09:18 PM.

#20 Namdrol

Namdrol

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

Nice littel mansion mission... ...and a loot counter that dit not show the last number????

Posted Image

but all in all a nice mission for a 2 week build ../../../public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

That's a right bugger, that was picked up and fixed.

Edit; although that's the exact same loot score I got when I pm'd xonze with this bug,

When I went over 1000 in loot it only showed 109, rather than 1098.
Posted Image

Look, despite all this nit picking, the mission is in good shape. The candle that wouldn't stop making noise, the lamps still illuminated and the wrong stats are possibly the biggest errors.

Then on a different (larger ;) ) stat it didn't have this error.

Edited by Namdrol, 24 December 2009 - 10:16 PM.

#21 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Probably because I didn't know that you could do that. The loot thing seems to be a bug that pops up from time to time no matter whose mission it is.

Take care,

Xonze

Way is it there then?
you could just hav added shop_skip 1 to any worldspawn (brush) to skip the shop if there is no need for it!

I couldn't reproduce the error with the loot counter my selv? just a flux I think Posted Image

#22 SneakyJack

SneakyJack

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

Spoiler

Thank you!

Also -

Spoiler

#23 Xonze

Xonze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

Sneaky,

Spoiler

Thank you!

Also -

Spoiler

#24 etdarkb

etdarkb

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

I hadn't heard it was too easy, but I guess one person's hard is another's easy.

The point is that you can easily KO everyone: there is almost no crossing between guards patrols and the zone is fairly dark and full of carpets.
Think:
Spoiler

The buying screen, yes. The player has an impressive amount of gold! More than 2 millions if I recall... Unfortunately the shop is empty. :D

#25 lostbuthappy

lostbuthappy

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

There are lots of things that take much longer than two weeks to make, like tobacco or babies, so I'm quite stunned that you managed to create this mission in such a short time. I had a lot of fun playing around with the guards and meanwhile looting the place.
Spoiler

• greebo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users