Thanks a lot to rebb for creating and uploading that file.
- Download this PK4: http://www.dramtheth...aining_demo.pk4 (~18 MB)
- Save the file into your darkmod/ folder, into where all the other tdm_*.pk4 files are residing.
- Launch TDM
- Install the Training Mission (this will restart TDM)
- Open the console (by typing Ctrl-Alt-~)
- Type timeDemo training.demo and hit enter, the demo will start
(analysis, recording, warping)
doom -timedemo <lump>
The -timedemo parameter plays a demo without limiting graphics to 35 frames per second and upon exiting to the command prompt displays the number of screen frames drawn (gametics) and the time taken to play them (realtics), instead of the ENDOOM screen. The average screen frame rate on a level can be determined with this information (realtics/gametics*35=fps). If a demo recording spans more than one level, the resulting values will be incorrect, as the realtics will correspond only to the last level played.
Like during the built-in demo sequence normally played at the start of a game, this parameter makes most device input bring up the menu while the demo is playing, so pressing the Tab key to select automap mode or pressing Enter to display the last status message can't be used. Some non-playing functions do still work, such as increasing or decreasing the screen size.
Post the results (average FPS, etc.)
Edited by greebo, 02 March 2011 - 04:11 AM.