Photo

Fan Mission: The Tears of St. Lucia (2008/10/21)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37326 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Directly to his left is a bookshelf - on top of this bookshelf is a scroll which can be picked up - the scroll itself has no text and when used locks up the users ability to frob or equip items

Yes, thanks. Others have reported this too.
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#102 sesobebo

sesobebo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

What better way to dig up from it's rest a deeply buried thread, than with an embarasingly noobish question?

But You see, I, for the life of me, can't find a key that would unlock the
Spoiler

So,,, help, please? (:

#103 simplen00b

simplen00b

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Spoiler

Pretty sure that's right; post back if I've got confused about which chest you're referring to. :smile:

#104 sesobebo

sesobebo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

I...
I have no idea, how I've missed that...
Thanks*!
Spoiler

#105 Digi

Digi

• PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

There’s not much to say about this mission that hasn’t already been said. I do think some newcomers to Thief games might be a bit frustrated by it; but as a veteran of every Thief game (including T2X) I knew what I was getting into when I loaded this up as my first mission.
Spoiler

There are visual things going on in this level that I have yet to see elsewhere. And fun mechanics like pushing the giant hammer and the mechanical elevator lift, that add a ton of flavor to the level. From the intro to the finish, it screams “polished” which I suppose is what you want from TDM’s flagship level. And I suppose not too many complete newcomers to Thief will be playing the TDM before any of the other games, so my earlier criticisms may be unfounded.

I’m just amazed by the community’s vast talent and dedication. I remember hearing about T2X probably a decade ago and being amazed. And it’s still going on, now with a new engine and massive community support! That TDM exists, and is such a professional-level accomplishment, cannot be understated. I realize I’m late to the party here, but a massive congratulations to all involved in TDM, St. Lucia, and the many other missions.
  • Springheel and Bikerdude like this
"Fancy burricks are afraid of dogs, if they encounter each other the dog barks and the burricks poop." - Thief: Deadly Shadows Game Designer

#106 Twitch

Twitch

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:51 AM

Another level defeated by the power of mantling

• Bikerdude and Melan like this
I hereby grant you, Twitch, the Glenham Tower Climbing Award!

#107 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#108 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:09 AM

Twich, the master mantler strikes again!

#109 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37326 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

Just out of curiosity, would you want to see areas like that blocked off with invisible walls?  Or is it the kind of thing that some players actually enjoy trying to find?

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#110 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

Or is it the kind of thing that some players actually enjoy trying to find?

This :D

• Bikerdude likes this

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#111 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4444 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Just out of curiosity, would you want to see areas like that blocked off with invisible walls?

Absolutely not.

• Bikerdude likes this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#112 VanishedOne

VanishedOne

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

I knew I'd seen a poll on this somewhere: http://forums.thedar...tops/?mode=show

"is_mantleable" "0" on tall fences and the like can be subtler than playerclip. It won't defeat crate-stackers, but if that's how they get their fun...

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

#113 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, would you want to see areas like that blocked off with invisible walls?  Or is it the kind of thing that some players actually enjoy trying to find?

I think invisible walls is too cheap.

The ideal options is not to make the levels reachable from the start to see beyond what you are supposed to see.

Some multiplayer games even change the levels - adding/removing walls, windows changing the place to avoid exploits obviously.

For The Dark Mod it's not bad but St. Lucia in general could use an update ( not necesarily in this).

But, YES sometimes people love to feel smarter than the mapper and the developer  ^_^

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#114 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20061 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

The ideal options is not to make the levels reachable from the start to see beyond what you are supposed to see.

Well I lay a challenge to Twitch to try the same thing in BCD, I have allowed the player to get up to some locations but a lot of location simply arent accessable because of the way I have had to use caulk for perf. reasons.

#115 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4444 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

Well I lay a challenge to Twitch to try the same thing in BCD, I have allowed the player to get up to some locations but a lot of location simply arent accessable because of the way I have had to use caulk for perf. reasons.

Oh, there are a zillion ways you can break BCD. Trust me on this.  ;)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#116 Twitch

Twitch

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

Challenge accepted

I hereby grant you, Twitch, the Glenham Tower Climbing Award!

#117 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:23 PM

I just replayed this well made mission and found some minor stuff to fix in the next update. Tried to chose good names for the screenshots.

Edited by Abusimplea, 24 June 2018 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users