The Dark Mod Forums

Campaign Announcement

Goldchocobo

If you mean texture blending, then no. Doom3 only supports it on models. There is some blending on brush and patchwork but it is unaffected by local light so if carefully matched in a static lighting environment it can be done but any new shadow or change in lighting (player lantern, doused torch) falling on that surface is unaffected so it will appear to glow in the dark or look too dark in extra light. Where it does work OK is with darkening decals like dark grime and torch smut etc because these just subtract brightness from the surface below and that surface below still responds correctly to light changes.

Wowsa, looks really good! The only thing one could critize is that in the city, allmost surfaces on the street are flat and allmost all of them are at the same level (e.g. some hills, stairs, streets on different levels, sidewalks etc) would enhance it. It is clear that you already tried to "break" up the flat streetlevel by adding broken out blocks etc, but I think it could be done a lot more.

Basically, the ground looks like you started with a flat ground, then added little details - instead like in reallife, where the ground isn't flat, and you start to make it flat so people don't break their neck when they go out of the door :)

Anyway, looking forward to playing this. Must look wonderful with HDR! :wub:

A lot of the city is pretty flat, but there are many slanted portions too.

It really is an issue to me how the forest trail looks compared to the rest of the map, now that people started picking on it. But as there are ways to solve this, I hope it gets done.

I also hope it can be done without GC working his chicken-like head off.

It really is an issue to me how the forest trail looks compared to the rest of the map, now that people started picking on it. But as there are ways to solve this, I hope it gets done.

I also hope it can be done without GC working his chicken-like head off.

Like I said, if someone wants to step up to the plate and help poor GC with some blender terrain, please do. I don't even know how such programs work.

I'm more focused on fleshing out the story, and providing maps that don't break.

This is pure evil.

AND

Are you kidding me that this is nothing to do with Fidcal's upcoming goodness!?

I have this AND that to look forward to?

Wow... Pure Golgothan, Evil, Barchettaian, Colorized, Young-Turkish Sweetness!

I'm more focused on fleshing out the story, and providing maps that don't break.

While I too would welcome a (further) beautification (those towers, I will be checking them and the rest out further just moments from now), I'm glad you are going to stay focused on getting these primary elements taken care of and 'published'... it looks awesome, it sounds awesome and I hope to play it soon...

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

special scripts ? optional objectives based on player involveness? t2 size? as long as it feels good it will look good.And this feels good.

Yeah, the special scripts and option objectives based on player involvements was a major design idea from the start... a lot of ideas were thrown around, and I think players will enjoy what's in store.

Wow ! Brilliant , can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks to everyone involved in the work on it .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blurgh. I worked through a bunch of objectives, but my external hard drive (Where I store a mobile Doom3/TDM/DarkRadiant) repaid me by giving me the dreaded "click of death." ~10 hours down the drain. :(

~$100 too, to replace a 1TB Hitachi(<_<) with a 1TB Western Digital(:D)

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Blurgh. I worked through a bunch of objectives, but my external hard drive (Where I store a mobile Doom3/TDM/DarkRadiant) repaid me by giving me the dreaded "click of death." ~10 hours down the drain. :(

~$100 too, to replace a 1TB Hitachi(<_<) with a 1TB Western Digital(:D)

That sucks.

Campaign is coming along. Just finishing up dialog/conversation/last minute details. Still want to release in a few weeks.

Thanks for the updates. Really sorry to hear about that, Mortem. Hope it only affected your recreational stuff and not "real world" work. And I hope you are a bit more clear-headed than me and can apply the work-throughs again without losing your mind ;)

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696