The Dark Mod Forums

Campaign Announcement

Goldchocobo

Just don´t hesitate! I have still 12(!) FMs left that I don´t have played yet! I suggest you wait with the release until I finished and commented all them. :P

But I would like to see the trailer before. :rolleyes:

I'm on you with this one :).

An April release is looking a tad unrealistic (ugh just another reason why I should never promise release dates)- depending on how busy the other guys responsible for the cutscenes and voice overs go, and how anal retentive I become :P

Sure an april release is unrealistic. I just wanted to ask in which current stadium of progress the map is at the moment and a rough estimated finishing time.

Maps are 99.9 percent done.

Only dialogue cut-scenes remain. I could release them now, without custom conversations/cutscenes and such, but that would suck.

Oh man!!! custom conversations/cutscenes

No! release it when this is also done, such things make the difference (for me) between a very good and a outstanding map! - damn I'm looking forward for this camp.

Absolutely.

I've finally booked the voice overs for tonight.

Finally

I'll be damned. Curses. I shouldn't have come in this topic. Now i can't sleep and work.

I cant wait to open this ip in Dr so i can see how you managed to keep the FPS up, as this is a sore subject with my mission and ive spent 8hrs + removing, replacing, consolidating, etc trying to keep the FPS up..

-_-

1. Make mistakes.

2. Pre-planning after you learn from those mistakes.

Half-life 2 has a buttload of example maps and tutorials to learn from (and some fantastic DO-NOT-DO examples), but TDM is still young and learning.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Wow, I was working on the map last night... I turned 2 lights into noshadows 1, and my fps tripled. That's tripled, like, 3 times more!

Sometimes its just knowing when to throw in the towel with the shadowed lights, even after learning the sorcery of func_statics and visportals....

Wow, I was working on the map last night... I turned 2 lights into noshadows 1, and my fps tripled. That's tripled, like, 3 times more!

I believe it. Just remember that noshadow lights obviously leak through walls, so you either have to make sure the light isn't leaking it places it shouldn't (on the other side), or at least make it inconspicuous. If it's on the edge of the map, though, then yeah, noshadow all those puppies for the performance boost.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 4 weeks later...

It has been released

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Ah, thank you. The name of this mission wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread. I knew about No Honour Among Thieves, but didn't know this was it.