The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Builder's Influence (2010/03/20)

Springheel

Are you on linux?

Yes

Linux mjollnir 2.6.33.1-server-1mnb #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 22:10:02 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

^^^

Mandriva 2010.1, that is.

And the pk4 from the second site made no difference, still have the aa32 error and guards just nervously shuffling their feet.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

On another note... there must be a very well hidden area because I have been all over the map with all the guards knocked out and lantern on and candle in hand. I searched inside everything that could be opened, moved or stood upon. I cannot find 450 of the loot. Will keep trying.

I deleted the mission directory from the fm directory, downloaded the pk4 again and reinstalled it. I just launched it and got the Warning AAS32 is out of date! message upon loading. I looked at the first two guards who stood there in front of the building, shuffling their feet on occasion... same as before... nobody patrolling.

I'll try the pk4 from the mirror site and see if there's any difference.

It is not enough to delete the mission directory in the fms directory. You also need to delete the game directory: doom3\builders_influence. Otherwise you are just playing the same one you had before with the new one sitting unused in the fms directory.

If you still get the error then open the new pk4 in doom3\builders_influence and open the maps folder inside. The aas, proc, and cm files should all be dated 23 March whereas the map file is 18 March. That will confirm you have the latest.

It is not enough to delete the mission directory in the fms directory. You also need to delete the game directory: doom3\builders_influence. Otherwise you are just playing the same one you had before with the new one sitting unused in the fms directory.

If you still get the error then open the new pk4 in doom3\builders_influence and open the maps folder inside. The aas, proc, and cm files should all be dated 23 March whereas the map file is 18 March. That will confirm you have the latest.

AAAhhhh! Ok, I'll try again... I had not noticed ~/.doom3/builders_influence and had only been dealing with the directory in ~/.doom3/darkmod/fms

Will try again...

Thanks.

AAAhhhh! Ok, I'll try again... I had not noticed ~/.doom3/builders_influence and had only been dealing with the directory in ~/.doom3/darkmod/fms

Will try again...

Thanks.

No change, still have the aas32 error. Was the pk4 file updated at both of the download sites? I am using the one from http://www.fidcal.com/darkuser/missions/builders_influence.pk4

That directory only has builders_influence.cm, no aas or proc in there at all.

Sorry, jumped the gun... one sec...

Yes, the correct versions are in the .pk4/maps/

Might it help to extract them to the ~/.doom3/builders_influence/maps/ directory in addition to having them in the .pk4/maps/ ?

Trying it, just in case...

No change :(

Edited by PranQster

You're correct Springheel. As far as I could tell I had no fails related to aas. I will report this though, just in case, because it seems not quite definitive:

snippets from my console:

...5 aas types

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas48

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas96

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas32

done.

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas100

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas_rat

Slightly suspicious from a layman's POV: as you can see the only one that seemed to 'officially complete' is the aas32.

Don't know if that means much but maybe?

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Ok... here's from my console:

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas48

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas96

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas32

WARNING: AAS file 'maps/builders_influence.aas32' is out of date

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas100

[Load AAS]

loading maps/builders_influence.aas_rat

ConversationManager: Found 0 valid conversations.

Entering tdm_main()

Exiting tdm_main()

Spawning entities

Then a bunch of stuff loads and I find these among all that:

loaded collision model models/darkmod/nature/flowers/lily_tall.ase

Unknown token '}'

loaded collision model models/darkmod/wearables/headgear/spectacles.ase

glprogs/heatHazeWithMaskAndVertex.vfp

WARNING: atdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner_1 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/door_related/key_ornate.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/wearables/armour/bg_pauldron_l_wearable.lwo

WARNING: outside_guard1 has no AAS file

WARNING: outside_guard2 has no AAS file

WARNING: atdm_ai_builder_guard_1 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/loot/jewellery/ring_diamond.lwo

WARNING: atdm_ai_merc_elite_3 has no AAS file

WARNING: atdm_ai_merc_elite_1 has no AAS file

WARNING: atdm_ai_merc_elite_5 has no AAS file

WARNING: atdm_ai_merc_elite_4 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/weapons/longswordlow.lwo

WARNING: atdm_ai_merc_elite_6 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/readables/book_open1_small.lwo

WARNING: atdm:ai_head04_builder has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/nature/mushrooms_01.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/lights/extinguishable/candle_holder_empty.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/lights/extinguishable/candle_default.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/containers/openable/footlocker_wood_lid.ase

loaded collision model models/darkmod/containers/openable/footlocker_wood.ase

WARNING: atdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner_2 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/wearables/headgear/nobleman_hat_r.lwo

WARNING: atdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner_3 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/containers/openable/chest_metal_lid.ase

loaded collision model models/darkmod/containers/openable/chest_metal.ase

loaded collision model models/darkmod/misc/clipmodels/vic_diningchair1_cm.lwo

WARNING: atdm_ai_guard_generic_01_1 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/misc/clipmodels/wchair1_cm.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/furniture/seating/chair_simple01.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/containers/tray.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/misc/clipmodels/armchair1_cm.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/architecture/ladders/ladder_16steps.ase

loaded collision model models/darkmod/door_related/key_fancy02.ase

loaded collision model models/darkmod/lights/extinguishable/candlestick2_empty.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/lights/extinguishable/candle_holder_round.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/door_related/mansion_door_02_handle.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/containers/openable/chest_wood_lid.ase

loaded collision model models/darkmod/wearables/belt_buckle.lwo

WARNING: atdm_ai_builder_guard_2 has no AAS file

WARNING: atdm_ai_builder_guard_3 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/misc/clipmodels/woolen_cap_cm.lwo

loaded collision model models/darkmod/wearables/headgear/helmet_round02_wearable.lwo

WARNING: atdm_ai_guard_generic_01_pauldrons_1 has no AAS file

loaded collision model models/darkmod/decorative/signs/sign_squarish01.lwo

Edited by PranQster

Then comes:

----------------------------------------

----- idSoundCache::EndLevelLoad -----

204508k referenced

6500k purged

----------------------------------------

sound: missing efxs/builders_influence.efx

Ambient settings script object initialized: music_volume=1.025000

-----------------------------------

87950 msec to load builders_influence

idRenderWorld::GenerateAllInteractions, msec = 30, staticAllocCount = 0.

interactionTable size: 2456480 bytes

40863 interaction take 4576656 bytes

------------- Warnings ---------------

during builders_influence...

WARNING: AAS file 'maps/builders_influence.aas32' is out of date

WARNING: Couldn't load image: -

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/lamp_desk_01

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/lantern_oil_hand

WARNING: Couldn't load image: textures/common/shadow_bak

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: base/dds/models/mapobjects/hell/Site3

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: builders_influence/dds/models/mapobjects/hell/Site3

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: darkmod/dds/models/mapobjects/hell/Site3

8 warnings

The ambient 'snd_mansion' for location 'info_location_3' is now playing.

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: DoomChroniclesDemo_v2

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: DoomChroniclesDemo_v2

missed 2 sound updates

--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------

--------------------------------------

missed 3 sound updates

Shutting down sound hardware

------ OSS Sound Shutdown ------

close sound device

--------------------------------

idRenderSystem::Shutdown()

------------ Game Shutdown -----------

Shutdown event system

shutdown terminal support

That happens during game shutdown when I quit...

I notice something else...

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: builders_influence/dds/models/mapobjects/ hell/Site3

in the .pk4 file, there is no such path as /dds/models... /dds only contains 'guis' and 'textures', not 'models'.

Is that something that is being picked up from a .pk4 in the /base path?

PranQster: Sorry you are having all this trouble.

Please post the dates and times of the map, proc, cm, and aas32 files that are in doom3\builders_influence\builders_influence.pk4\maps. If you have extracted these do not look at those but look in the actual pk4.

Then repeat for the above extracted files if you have extracted them.

The map file should be dated 18 March and the others 23 March. Please confirm. If so, then clearly they are not out of date and there is some other problem beyond my knowledge.

[EDIT] I confirm both mirrors were updated.

The map file should be dated 18 March and the others 23 March. Please confirm. If so, then clearly they are not out of date and there is some other problem beyond my knowledge.

I doubt this is a simple dmap error. If it was, both windows and linux users would be experiencing it. It seems to be limited to linux users only.

WARNING: Non-portable: path contains uppercase characters: builders_influence/dds/models/mapobjects/ hell/Site3

in the .pk4 file, there is no such path as /dds/models... /dds only contains 'guis' and 'textures', not 'models'.

Is that something that is being picked up from a .pk4 in the /base path?

Yeah, those are mostly textures for candles of vanilla Doom 3. I wonder why the path points to builders_influence instead of base. Darn Candles, caused nothing but trouble the last few months...

Please post the dates and times of the map, proc, cm, and aas32 files that are in doom3\builders_influence\builders_influence.pk4\maps. If you have extracted these do not look at those but look in the actual pk4.

Actually, in one of my previous posts I confirmed that the dates were right in the .pk4. But I might not have been very clear about that. And after trying with the files extracted, I deleted them again as it made no difference.

I will post the dates and times anyway... one sec.

Edited by PranQster

Yeah, those are mostly textures for candles of vanilla Doom 3. I wonder why the path points to builders_influence instead of base. Darn Candles, caused nothing but trouble the last few months...

I also find it odd that this path contains a space after /mapobjects/

... not to mention the uppercase characters in the errors I posted... hopefully those can be fixed. It would make no difference on a Windows system, but case is critical on unix systems.

Edited by PranQster

Here are the dates & times... they do not get changed when I extract the maps from the .pk4, so it was easier to do ls on them:

[john@mjollnir New Folder]$ ls -l

total 24880

-rw-r--r-- 1 john john 5184222 2010-03-23 10:44 builders_influence.aas32

-rw-r--r-- 1 john john 7801327 2010-03-23 10:43 builders_influence.cm

-rw-r--r-- 1 john john 5783271 2010-03-18 12:45 builders_influence.map

-rw-r--r-- 1 john john 6655709 2010-03-23 10:43 builders_influence.proc

[john@mjollnir New Folder]$

The space is no doubt the forum doing its thing, pasting in

stops it.

As for the issue with the *nix build not seeming to understand what's going on with the AI's AAS stuff, it might be worth checking if other 1.01 dmapped maps have the same issue for you guys.

Another thought...

Since this problem is affecting Linux users and not Windows users, could it be something as simple as some uppercase characters being used, but then being referenced by a path with all lowercase letters? Maybe something similar to the errors related to the textures which I posted above?

The space is no doubt the forum doing its thing, pasting in

stops it.

As for the issue with the *nix build not seeming to understand what's going on with the AI's AAS stuff, it might be worth checking if other 1.01 dmapped maps have the same issue for you guys.

No, the space was in my terminal... I noticed it when I copied the text.... Well... possibly not... there are an awful lot of spaces in my error post above, all after punctuation marks.

I would be happy to test any 1.01 dmap'd maps. I can't dmap any myself due to a problem running darkradiant requiring me to have the jack audio server running :(

Edited by PranQster

You dmap inside of TDM itself, DR doesnt have the map compiler etc included in it.

Open console, dmap builders_influence

Wait a while til the background of the menu starts rotating smoothly and it says its happy.

(you might want to extract the pk4 into doom3/builders_influence and make sure the builders_influence.pk4 is then not in the folder before dmapping - Im not sure if it will default to the extracted one or the one in the pk4 if you had to dmap and then try play it)

And you should try compiling DR without the sound support.

There is a list of maps with AAS issues on Linux/TDM1.01 in my initial post here. Also, in that thread Ivan_the_B suggests using runAAS in stead of dmap to fix this. It is indeed a lot faster.

Ok thanks for the tips... I had only tried dmap'ing once before, following the tutorial and had forgotten that it was done from the game console.

As far as my other issue...

I got darkradiant running, with no sound support, after removing the sound* files from the /modules directory. If I could get jackd running in realtime with pulseaidio/alsa on my system, then I could have audio in darkradiant. That will be my next big hurdle.

Success!

I did 'dmap builders_influence' and now the map loads without the aas32 error and the guards are actually patrolling instead of standing around like dumbasses!

I did notice several errors scroll by during the dmap related to uppercase letters in the path to some objects and/or textures... see my error post above, I'm sure they are the same ones. Perhaps I can edit the paths in darkradiant and change those to lowercase characters..? Will try later.

Now I need to play this mission all over, the way it was intended.

Edited by PranQster

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/lamp_desk_01

WARNING: Couldn't load image: extinguishable/lantern_oil_hand

I found these listed in 'tdm_models01.pk4/models/darkmod/lights/non-extinguishable/', but not in '.../extinguishable/'

When in-game, I saw a couple guys carrying torches, but none carrying an oil lamp.