The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

Sorry if I'm going over stuff that has been raised, I'm trying to stay unspoiled. Please someone who might be able to comment (with just a hint if possible, or an outright explanation if necessary), PM me?

Here are a few problems I've had (mission 2)

I'm unable to drop off my "Stash" with Kutty. Screenshot of mysterious black box (untextured something or other) found in my room when I decided I might need to go back to the inn and "get" my "Stash".

isthismystash.jpg

And now some documentation of the unsettling unsettling of physics ragdolls:

This guy was laid to rest way up above, some 20-30 feet above on "solid" ground! I come back to find 'im 'ere:

earthshaker01.jpg

And here is his buddy apparently about to make the same journey:

earthshaker02.jpg

Last bit of something:

Is that a chair up there?

isthatachair.jpg

Yeah, it's a chair, astronautical!

yeahitsachair.jpg

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Sorry if I'm going over stuff that has been raised, I'm trying to stay unspoiled. Please someone who might be able to comment (with just a hint if possible, or an outright explanation if necessary), PM me?

Here are a few problems I've had (mission 2)

I'm unable to drop off my "Stash" with Kutty. Screenshot of mysterious black box (untextured something or other) found in my room when I decided I might need to go back to the inn and "get" my "Stash".

isthismystash.jpg

Move your inventory selection over to 'My Stash' it should have a blank inventory icon, press r to 'drop' it back into your hands, then wave it around by the table (waving it around under the table worked for me), it should drop out of your hands and disappear when its in the right area, giving you an objective complete.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Like a lot of users here, I'm getting a lot of savegame crashes too when I try to load a savegame while in-game. Then error message "The program has encountered an error" or something like that comes up. Anyone else found a workaround for this problem, besides having to quit the mission and load game?

Sure. I have 2 savegames right now: one is a manual save that I made on my first play in ANOOTT, the second one is a quicksave also in ANOOTT which I did after having restarted to see if the savegame problem still persists.

I realized that both savegame crashes occurred when I have discovered the

underground caverns used by the thieves

. On my first play through (which I didn't complete), I thought the savegame crash might have occurred because I saved one too many times, but the second play through showed that it might not have anything to do with the number of times I saved.

I'll upload to Filefront right now.

Other than that though, this campaign is excellent. I really enjoyed Politics - plenty of loot, plenty of sneaking, any very good guard placements. :)

-edit-

On second thoughts I decided to upload to 2shared instead. More reliable upload (150mb in total)

uploading now...

-edit-

Whoa compressing it reduces it from 150mb to 10mb. Wow lol :P

Edited by bad marine ass

Finished - around 2 hours each mission I think. Very good gameplay and visuals. I especially liked:

Zombies in prison. Not overdone.

City naturalness. Really enjoyable just to walk around. (also true of start of Politics.) I never found my way in to the city watch though. I found the locked hatch (manhole cover) but no clue to the key. I tried pickpocketing the three nearby guards but without success. I'll take a read of the FM threads now I've finished to see what I've missed.

Forest (of course!) I liked the mists and sounds and birds (even though seems unlikely at night but what do I know?)

View of Mansion. I walked all the way along the wall to see it all then jumped down into a tree. Later I found the crates which I guess was the default in/out. Been nice to have an open window upstairs as I got up there but no. I later got out via the front door. Hadn't realized it could be picked. So that might be another way in although I'm not sure about the lighting because I'd already turned it off on the stairs when I went out so that might not have been so easy to get in at the start.

Very good overall and the fact that I finished without help (albeit missed a couple of optional objectives) proves it was not too difficult.

Only ref to the

city watch I could find was a window. I searched all round but never saw a window. Maybe I was looking too high. I'd hate to think I missed a low window. :blush:

I'll check out the ttlg thread then go back into Mission 2 later.

Only ref to the

city watch I could find was a window. I searched all round but never saw a window. Maybe I was looking too high. I'd hate to think I missed a low window. :blush:

I'll check out the ttlg thread then go back into Mission 2 later.

Re: city watch and sewer entrance.

There is a window above the city watch building, that you get to by climbing a vine on a side wall, going around the building on the 'windowsill' we'll call it, and opening a window. Inside the city watch building is a note that gives you the objective for the gang of thieves in the sewer, and a key is sitting in there to unlock the hatch to the sewer.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Can't save my game. I'm pressing F4 or using menu function, it tells me that saved successfully but nothing happens, there is no save file. Can't say that its this fm issue, but thats first what i played :)

Btw, why there is no shadows from this lighter?  

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5020311/Doom3%202010-05-02%2016-31-30-09.bmp

Re: city watch and sewer entrance.

There is a window above the city watch building, that you get to by climbing a vine on a side wall, going around the building on the 'windowsill' we'll call it, and opening a window. Inside the city watch building is a note that gives you the objective for the gang of thieves in the sewer, and a key is sitting in there to unlock the hatch to the sewer.

Thanks. Went around quite a few times so I don't know how I could have missed something like that. I'll take a look later.

Guys, i don't get it. This FM crated new folder 

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\doom 3\politics

And i don't see it installed in main darkmod new game section O_o

First of all , I'd like to thank the authors for the great three part mission , very enjoyable. I've finished 'Politics' in about an hour and a half. I particularly liked the prison with haunts , reminded me a bit of the first Thief , a mission called Cragscleft or something? Also , that long climb up the liftshaft. And

having had one of the archers surrounding the grass courtyard fire an arrrow at me towards the end of the mission I just had to go up the ladder and bump them all off before I left the place!

. I'm partway through ANOTT and like bad ass marine above I'm getting the savegame crashes so have to keep reloading. Good stuff though , loved the touch of the town clock playing 'Jerusalem' !

Ah, I could finally find the root of the problem with "idPVS::FreeCurrentPVS: invalid handle". I'll have to think about a bugfix, but I'm pretty sure I can find one. :)