The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

One thing that has been determined as a problem with crashing and saves is that you will likely have trouble if you save while the guards (or, I assume, anything/body) are on "alert" (searching or engaged in combat).

Yeah, it could be the situation. I hope the TDM team will salve this issue sometime.

Winkler Studio: youtube.com/user/woszkar

It is listed at 100% completion on the Roadmap, so probably pretty soon.

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

And now for something completely different: I notice there are no screenshots on the main site download for this FM. I think there should be! Plus even a main page/Moddb announcent could be called for - I am sure there are a lot of people who will be interested in a three-level campaign. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Heck yes he did. MD didn't do any mapping per say, but instead all the scripting, cutscenes, worked with custom sounds, massive work on optimization (you can pretty much blame him for NHAT performing about 10fps).

*fixed. Don't wanna take the credit for doing the *Hard* work.

Basically, I did whatever technicalities GC couldn't handle (There is a lot of experimental content in NHAT)

Plus even a main page/Moddb announcent could be called for - I am sure there are a lot of people who will be interested in a three-level campaign. :)

Oooh yes. Please with a truckload of cherries on top, Springheel? And Happycheez @ Moddb?

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

*fixed. Don't wanna take the credit for doing the *Hard* work.

Basically, I did whatever technicalities GC couldn't handle (There is a lot of experimental content in NHAT)

Oooh yes. Please with a truckload of cherries on top, Springheel? And Happycheez @ Moddb?

Er, sorry, I meant MORE then 10fps

Just a suggestion, but if 1.02 -- with the fix for many crashes (related to saving with alert NPCs) -- is on the verge, I think it may be a good idea to try and announce to the moddb masses both this excellent campaign and 1.02 at the same time? Just so there are more purely smiling faces?

This is, after all, the year that TDM will win MOY.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

just had an epic experience in mission 2.

climbed up some ivy and traversed a catwalk. hit a seemingly invisible bright patch, and an archer below spotted me. This pissed me off, and i guess it pissed him off too, because he proceeded to shoot me... in the face. the arrow was actually sticking out of my face in the camera view, so i frobbed it, pulled it out of my face and stuck it in my quiver. Found some darkness on the catwalk, waited for the AI to drop his alert status, then shot his own broadhead back into his throat B). I'm all about giving back, ya know. that's what I'm talkin' bout.

Nearly finished part 2, but daft question , can someone point me to the sewer entrance ,

I have the sewer key taken from one of the builders.

Also , at the end of the street near where the builders patrol there is

a high up open window with a baby crying. Is it possible to get up there , and on the same note are there any rope arrows available in this mission part which might help to do it ?

Had some fun finding the blacksmith , for some reason he chose to do a walkabout along the Point road and I found him gazing wistfully out at the large ship on the jetty along the river's edge ! And there was I looking all around the town for him !

Edited by raymeld

RailGun was also co-part-author.

Oszkár,

One thing that has been determined as a problem with crashing and saves is that you will likely have trouble if you save while the guards (or, I assume, anything/body) are on "alert" (searching or engaged in combat).

Try and save when things are "quiet".

That's all the help and recommendations that I can offer. Good luck.

Oh, really? I'll add his name too :)

18588.png

greebo did solve it and 1.02 will have the fix in... :)

And... 1.02 is due out pretty soon , I think.

:-)

I'm very happy about this fix.

I'll wait for this 1.02 release, because it's really too difficult for me to progress on this mission without any stress about savegame corruption. So the review about the mission it's only postponed :-D

But for what i see until here in mission one: really BEAUTIFUL! B)

Incredible campaign! Each mission is really immersive and well crafted :)

Where's the second piece of evidence in mission 3? :P

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

just had an epic experience ...

That's an awesome story!

Hope it happens to me sometime.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Hi,

I posted some days ago on issues in some FMs. Now I think they are all solved after painfully downloading v. 1.01 (dial-up, files mismatch etc  :angry:) . Even in my almost low-end machine DM runs smoothly. Great.

But what can I say on NHAT? Nothing at all. At least until now. Maybe I'm playing the game in a too real mode, keeping settings as recommended in Training Mission, say, dark enough to realize I have now a cohort of zombies in front of me and nowhere to go. I managed to escape the first walking creature, so saving holy water for mentioned warden, and doors seem to open with keys only. Reading these threads is enough to admit you're all geniuses of stealth games, for the tips you give always refer further in this first adventure. So, my friends, put down a clue for the less gifted or I'll never say here how great is NHAT campaign.

Thanks,

Sneak past the first zombie, go up the stairs and hang a left. Go all the way across, and then hang another left down the next stairs. Beware the pit. Cross it, get the key, go back over the pit, the locked door you passed is now openable, and you leave the zombie segment behind. Hope this didn't spoil too much!

PS after doing the bit in the first spoiler, you have a climbing puzzle, take a GOOD look through your inventory if you wish to complete it.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Nearly finished part 2, but daft question , can someone point me to the sewer entrance ,

I have the sewer key taken from one of the builders.

Also , at the end of the street near where the builders patrol there is

a high up open window with a baby crying. Is it possible to get up there , and on the same note are there any rope arrows available in this mission part which might help to do it ?

Had some fun finding the blacksmith , for some reason he chose to do a walkabout along the Point road and I found him gazing wistfully out at the large ship on the jetty along the river's edge ! And there was I looking all around the town for him !

Help on this one please anyone ?

<P>

Sneak past the first zombie, go up the stairs and hang a left. Go all the way across, and then hang another left down the next stairs. Beware the pit. Cross it, get the key, go back over the pit, the locked door you passed is now openable, and you leave the zombie segment behind. Hope this didn't spoil too much!

PS after doing the bit in the first spoiler, you have a climbing puzzle, take a GOOD look through your inventory if you wish to complete it.

Thanks for the tips. They didn't spoiled at at all. I was wholly aware of the first one (I'm stuck exactly in front of that pit), and about the second I could say that I noticed two extra items in inventory, but their names are neither readable, nor can they be used anywhere I tried them on. Even more: I tried to jump from side to side - from one open cell door to the next in diagonal - in a Prince of Persia way, but the character seems to be unable to perform such jumps. He also cannot fight the zombies with the sword, as usual. So, I suppose I should rely on these unknown items:what are their use?

</P><P>No new items. I was wrong. I had in mind another FM. Nothing to do in this one.</P>

Edited by WReis

Wreis: Sounds like you're going the right way. Those jumps can be made. Medium difficult. Just keep practicising and you'll make it.

Raymeld: Think it's not far from

the city watch. There is a builder sitting on some steps. Nearby a city watch keeping guard. Also another guard behind a grid. The sewer entrance is behind the city watch guard.

Wreis: Sounds like you're going the right way. Those jumps can be made. Medium difficult. Just keep practicising and you'll make it.

Raymeld: Think it's not far from

the city watch. There is a builder sitting on some steps. Nearby a city watch keeping guard. Also another guard behind a grid. The sewer entrance is behind the city watch guard.

Thanks Fidcal . Found it , think a builder chased me around that point which is why I missed it. Finished the mission now , never did solve the open window/ crying baby bit if indeed there was a way up there. Nice mission , didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first one because of the crashes I was getting but my thanks to both the makers, it was still a lot of fun in spite of that. Really loved the town and the pub , a lot of originality . really looking forward to the final part now.

Incredible campaign! Each mission is really immersive and well crafted :)

Where's the second piece of evidence in mission 3? :P

Up :(

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.