2029 replies to this topic

#2026 STiFU

STiFU

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:13 AM

hmmm, if that means the frobhelper will still blink in and out of existence even if tdm_frobhelper_alwaysVisible is 1, then this is not really what I'm looking for.

Ok, I guess this needs some more explanation.

If tdm_frobhelper_active is 0, the frobhelper is never shown. Set it to 1, and it will be rendered in one of two modes:

1) The original design, i.e., automatic blend-in when near small objects, is activated by setting tdm_frobhelper_alwaysVisible to 0, which is the default.

2) If you want the crosshair to always show, independent of current context, you have to put tdm_frobhelper_alwaysVisible = 1. The frobhelper then behaves like a regular crosshair.

If you want to actively toggle visibility, you have to set  tdm_frobhelper_alwaysVisible = 1 and add a keybinding that hides or shows the frobhelper via 

bind [DESIRED KEY] toggle tdm_frobhelper_active 1 0

As a bonus, actively toggling visibility via tdm_frobhelper_active will also use the existing fade in and out routines, so it doesn't pop in instantly. However, you will want to set tdm_frobhelper_fadein_delay to 0 and reduce fadein and fadeout durations, for more responsiveness.

• Anderson likes this

#2027 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5477 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:29 AM

I see you were describing both modes without making it explicit. It was my original understanding as well, but it's good you clarified. So it seems everybody gets what they want, yay.

Posted Image

#2028 The Black Arrow

The Black Arrow

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

2) If you want the crosshair to always show, independent of current context, you have to put tdm_frobhelper_alwaysVisible = 1. The frobhelper then behaves like a regular crosshair.

I can hardly wait for 2.08 now.

#2029 Zero_3

Zero_3

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Hello community, just a quicky: the only thing that bothers me in this (astonishing) game is why guards don't react/ignore? opening or closing doors right beside their noses. Can't this really be addressed? Like bounding door sound to light alert or something?

#2030 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37708 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

Guards do turn their heads to look at doors opening/closing, but they only treat them as suspicious if the mapper has flagged the door that way.

• Anderson likes this
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users