Photo

Fan Mission: The Alchemist by Sotha & Fidcal(2010/06/01)

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#176 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8982 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Most missions that are part of a Series will have their Series identification in the last column of the Fan Mission Wiki:

http://wiki.thedarkm...or_The_Dark_Mod

This series has 4 missions thus far:

Thief's Den

The Chalice of Kings

The Heart of Lone Salvation

The Alchemist

To my knowledge, the stories of each mission are self-contained enough where they do not require each other for back-story (etc).
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#177 SirGen

SirGen

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Spoiler

Edited by SirGen, 19 October 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Alberic is my sparring partner.

Whaddya mean, smiley faces aren't punctuation :huh:

#178 Bridge

Bridge

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

This was a cool mission. The level design is a little annoying at times and figuring out how to get to the bedroom was a little less obvious than it probably should have been, but overall this was quite enjoyable; I'll be sure to play the rest of this series. My biggest complaint is that there are very few notes to read, and many of the notes that are in the level are incomplete. Sentences get cut off mid-page and at the end of openings, which I assume means there actually is more, but for some reason the page-turning functionality is bugged. I also feel there was a huge wasted opportunity with the city sections. The jewellery store, city watch station and alchemist were all good, but I would have liked a little more to do (a la Thief: Deadly Shadows - but obviously not quite as exploratory as that), otherwise this section feels a little redundant to me. It also strikes me as odd that the city watch guards run everywhere, seeing as they are merely "on alert". Still, a quality FM.

#179 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Just started and there is a problem
First thing I noticed was that the archer was missing from the roof at the start then I found him - note that this picture has been lightened a lot to make it clearer. I didn't no clip to get there just moved off the castellated wall
Attached File  alchemist_2013-11-12_20.48.00.jpg   234.57KB   11 downloads

Edited by Oldjim, 12 November 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#180 PsymH

PsymH

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Are there plans to make this FM playable for version 2.01? :)

#181 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Excuse me while I go change my underwear
Spoiler

Fortunately lessons learned years ago mitigated the impending heart attack

Spoiler

Oh one minor thing
Spoiler

And I just found this is part of a series so I need to go play the other bits before coming back to this one :D

Nice mission, highly enjoyable

Just started and there is a problem
First thing I noticed was that the archer was missing from the roof at the start then I found him - note that this picture has been lightened a lot to make it clearer. I didn't no clip to get there just moved off the castellated wall

Yeah I heard the archer but couldn't see him so I went exploring and found him in the same place

Spoiler

Edited by esme, 19 May 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#182 DeusXIncognita

DeusXIncognita

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

I managed to play through this today (after finally beating Heart of lone Salvation), and it is a fine mission.

There are a few things I have to notice after reading this thread though:

Spoiler

#183 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20166 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

Are there plans to make this FM playable for version 2.01? :)

Ive not been reading this thread, what needs doing..?

#184 wesp5

wesp5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

Ive not been reading this thread, what needs doing..?

Nothing, as I just finished it yesterday with TDM 2.03 :)! Another fantastic mission, although it starts a little bit slow in a not so detailed town area, the mansion and the basement area were cool. I liked the bit with the destroyable window, but had some hard time because you can destroy it with arrows but not the sword. If it's possible this should be fixed! And I had some really funny situation in the end: I had sneaked inside the mansion, blackjacked everyone there and come down to the basement with all the undead. As I hadn't wasted any fire arrows, water arrows, mines and potions yet, I decided to go for the kill! I got the Alchemist with fire arrows and the others with holy water arrows while moving up the stairs, which alerted the gate guard (unless it was scripted) who ended up in a fight at the combination lock door with the last zombie. So I went down, got the potion and the turmalin and when I came up, I killed the zombie to see that he had killed about three or four guards in the time I was below :)! Of course the way back was easy then...

• Anderson likes this

#185 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Wondering what the intended means to

Spoiler

Will be posting the bug in the beta thread.

There's also a large "boop" noise when I break glass.

Lastly, are there any bonus objectives?

Spoiler

Edited by V-Man339, 25 January 2018 - 04:56 AM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#186 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

I can't use an integral quest item in TD4: Alchemist

Upon rebooting the mission I had 00:00:00 time and -1 saves.

This doesn't seem as important as any of the other issues I've run into, but I still feel as though it's worth mention if there's a symptom in that of what I'm encountering.

https://www.dropbox....9/boop.zip?dl=0

This noise happened previously during "Heart of Lone Salvation" when I rested the holy healing potion on... anything.

I assumed it was due to Fidcal not assigning a sound to the item's physics but this is apparently an issue elsewhere?

Spoiler

Copy pasting these here from the beta test thread because as of the moment this is absolutely murdering my ability to finish this mission on video in the perfectionist manner I'm hoping to.

Edit:

Spoiler

This worked on the first issue, thanks!

Edited by V-Man339, 25 January 2018 - 07:42 AM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

#187 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:55 AM

I can't use an integral quest item in TD4: Alchemist

Spoiler

• V-Man339 likes this

#188 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Thanks to esme for making this mission possible to record with his helpful hint.

This mission evoked similar feelings to Phantom Pain, I can see the rough edges of it's developmental history and I love the concept, making the few visible signs of it's history all the more annoying.

All in all, better than the first Thief's Den, equal to the second, a step down from the third.

Spoiler

Your beautiful machinations will not be forgotten, Fidcal, and neither shall your touch.

Feel free to come back some day, I'll be waiting.

#189 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:13 AM

Thanks to esme for making this mission possible to record with his helpful hint.

You're welcome but I'm pretty sure I got that from this thread so someone else deserves the thanks

--EDIT--

DUH! it's the first post

Edited by esme, 01 February 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#190 wanderer

wanderer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

I was not allowed to kill the zombies. Is that a bug? I understand I'm a thief not a murderer, but these are ghouls.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users