The Dark Mod Forums

Error: File Script\tdm_events.script, Line 1220

HappyCheeze

I get a bluescreen crash when I run TDM. This happened after I ran tdm_update.

ERROR: Error: file script\tdm_events.script, line 1220: Too many parameters for event definition. Internal definition has 0 parameters.

I checked the FAQ about this, the only thing that seemed close to what I had was this

The reason for this error is most likely an old version of gamex86.dll (or gamex86.so) lying around in your Doom 3 folder. Delete that file and try again.

I tried that an no dice.

I tired deleting tdm_events.script and recovering it via SVN, nothing.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

This is irritating :(

Guess I'll have to resort to using my laptop. for now.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Melan had a similar problem not long ago. He deleted both the gamex86.dll and DoomConfig.cfg.

(Cant get this to un-bold ... :laugh: )

Anyway. I would make sure that your autoexec.cfg, DoomCfg.cfg and gamex86.dll files are gone along with any saved games (not compatible between updates.).

I'm sure a brighter bulb will come along and give you more options and better advice. :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I had too once a problem with a 'gamex86.dll', but in Doom3. So, I copied a dll out of a mod-folder into the base-folder and it was fine again. (re-install didn´t helped) Maybe you can try a 'dll' out of a newer(recently played) FM-folder.

@Bohr:

Yeah, I had the 'bolding' once too. I guess it´s a forum-bug. :D

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Melan had a similar problem not long ago. He deleted both the gamex86.dll and DoomConfig.cfg.

Anyway. I would make sure that your autoexec.cfg, DoomCfg.cfg and gamex86.dll files are gone along with any saved games (not compatible between updates.).

Just did that

Check you definitely see "All done, your TDM installation is up-to-date. Enjoy! :) " when you run tdm_update.

I get that

still nothing. I can't find a .dll file in any FM folder, I looked in the .pk4 files and can't find one either. I did a search for any .dll files in my darkmod folder and the only one is gamex86.dl

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

How about your DevIL.dll file? Do you have the latest version in place?

I forgot what it's called but I believe there's a config file that specifies that a mission is installed, perhaps that's the problem?

Other than that I can only guess that something like security software is preventing either updates or the access to the scripts???

Edit: currentfm.txt ?

Edited by nbohr1more

I did a search for .dlls in the doom 3 folder, not just darkmod.

I got a bunch of gamex86, replaced it with the one in darkmod. Still nothing.

I did a search for DevIL.dll, and found two, but not in Darkmod. Ones in Quark the other is in a HL2 thing called Crafty.

Looks like I don't have the DevIL.dll in any doom 3/darkmod folder. I copied it into doom 3 and Darkmod, nothing.

currentfm is trapped

I also downloaded DevIL, the executable file to install it for windows. nothing :(

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Download the old Thief's Den demo, it has a current version of DevIL.dll:

http://www.fidcal.com/darkuser/missions/thiefs_den_v1.0.exe

Also, clear "Trapped!" out of your currentfm file.

Okay I installed TD to the Doom 3 folder, what do I do with DevIL.dll? Do I just stick in TDM?

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Yes.

If you want to play the old TD then you'd also need to put the DevIL.dll into the Doom 3 folder (and create a description.txt with a different name...). Once you've got your precious DevIL.dll I'd recommend deleting the old DM demo unless you can somehow avoid confusion between that and TDM...

I put the TD demo in the doom 3 folder, still nothing. I wonder if it would be better to just reinstall reformat my computer (I've been tempted to put ubuntu on my desktop.

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

I would completely clear out the TDM directory and then just run the latest updater before you decide to blow out everything (reload, FFR, etc).

(make sure that no conflicting Mods are in the Doom 3 directory as well).

Just to clarify, I was saying to copy the DevIL.dll from TD to TDM then delete TD.

I would completely clear out the TDM directory and then just run the latest updater before you decide to blow out everything (reload, FFR, etc).

(make sure that no conflicting Mods are in the Doom 3 directory as well).

Just to clarify, I was saying to copy the DevIL.dll from TD to TDM then delete TD.

I understood what you were saying. I deleted TD along with all the other FM mod folders that were created.

I'm gonna try backing up my maps and deleting it than reupdating. Thanks for the help

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Just wanted to make sure. I have a bad habit of writing twisty sentences and forgetting to include enough context :laugh: .... I hope you get it running. :)

Deleted everything in my darkmod folder, ran tdm_update and it works again :D

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

Congrats.

Perhaps this is superstition but I would recommend you uninstall any FMS before your next update...

I don't think it was the FMs, I think it was something screwed up with my script file

|=-=------=-=|

Moddb

|=-=------=-=|

DevIL.dll

Is no longer used by TDM. You should be able to safely delete it if you still have it around.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

For the record this happened to me last week and I just deleted every gamex86 I could find and re-ran the update and it worked. But it seems to be fine for you now; all's well that ends well.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.