The Dark Mod Forums

DefTokeniser: no more tokens

Dragofer

In DarkRadiant I recently split up my map's progress into several smaller .map files, each containing a seperate area.

After cleaning up some brushes in one area, I went to work on a second area for a few days. When I went back to load the first area again, I got an error message saying "Failed at entity 0. DefTokeniser: no more tokens" while loading the 47th primitive. My first entity I put in was probably the ambient_world light. I think there were only 800 entities in that area, and this message doesn't seem to talk about the 4096/8192 entityevent thing that Nielsen had to deal with a while ago.

When I try to dmap it, it says in the console "ERROR: C:/map/file/location. Line 613: New line inside string" and nothing happens.

When I try to load the map in the game, it says there was an error loading it.

Now, I do have an autosave and various backups but they are all a few days behind that broken save (I quicksave far too often sad.gif ). I was wondering if anyone could help spare me having to do the less than enjoyable work I did in those days again.

I think the map file itself is corrupt. Is your harddisk full? Maybe you got an write error? Have you tried loading your map in a texteditor and looking at the offending line?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Have you tried loading your map in a texteditor and looking at the offending line?

Thanks, that directly solved the problem.

The problem was that primitive 49 (on line 613) had 4 lines full of ÿ's. So I just took out the whole primitive.

Which then led me to another problem: the map file I just claimed was identical to the autosaved file.

That problem I was able to solve by remembering that I have an almost up-to-date backup on my old laptop smile.gif

Thanks, that directly solved the problem.

The problem was that primitive 49 (on line 613) had 4 lines full of ÿ's. So I just took out the whole primitive.

Which then led me to another problem: the map file I just claimed was identical to the autosaved file.

That problem I was able to solve by remembering that I have an almost up-to-date backup on my old laptop smile.gif

I'd check that your harddisk is still ok and that your memory (well, the one from your computer) is ok, either you got spontanous write errors on the disk (which is bad), or you got a faulty memory chip (which is also bad, but more easily replaced).

In both cases, your data is at risk!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax