The Dark Mod Forums

Doom3 CD-key does not work

masterthief

Hello!

I would like to request assistance from a friend, because you can not start the TDM. After boarding Doom3 1.3.0 patch 1304, requests that enter the CD-key. Unfortunately we could not do it. Does not accept the key to doing anything with it. Even if the Internet connection is interrupted before it responds to it or anything. Tried all the possibilities, but neither of these solutions were good. Anyone can help me not to ask for the CD-key?

I have had this before, although I own a legit copy of Doom3. Disable your internet connection and enter the key while offline. That took care of the problem in my case.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Not a good one either. My friend can not permanently erase the file doomkey. Always be reinstalled. Despite pulling off the Internet, it is not good.MeghallgatásOlvasás fonetikusan

:) You 'can't' permanently erase the doomkey. It's there for a reason, but I suggested deleting it in case it was corrupted. I have had to do that.

When you re-enter the CD key, the doomkey is recreated fresh.

So, here are the steps once more.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.

2. Delete the doomkey.

3. Start doom 3 and re-enter the CD key.

4. Try to play the game.

:) You 'can't' permanently erase the doomkey. It's there for a reason, but I suggested deleting it in case it was corrupted. I have had to do that.

When you re-enter the CD key, the doomkey is recreated fresh.

So, here are the steps once more.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.

2. Delete the doomkey.

3. Start doom 3 and re-enter the CD key.

4. Try to play the game.

I see. Excuse me, I was careless.

I have had this before, although I own a legit copy of Doom3. Disable your internet connection and enter the key while offline. That took care of the problem in my case.

Melan, somebody ripped off your CD-Key, probably :(. You get this message when somebody else is currently using your legit key at the same time.

ungoliant: I bought the game from the store and it worked when I played regular Doom 3. It is only after installing TDM that I experienced this problem, so the reason may not be so nefarious.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

ungoliant: I bought the game from the store and it worked when I played regular Doom 3. It is only after installing TDM that I experienced this problem, so the reason may not be so nefarious.

It happens to me too. It's just something to do with the doomkey file. It gets mucked up somehow. That's usually the problem for me.

It happens to me too. It's just something to do with the doomkey file. It gets mucked up somehow. That's usually the problem for me.

That's right! Although this is a problem for my friend as well. The Doom3 ran her own, because it requires a CD-key. The trouble started there when I installed the patch and put it up for TDM calls and the other CD-key. Perhaps if we had him on Doom3 Roe, then it would add to the CD-key. Here in Hungary can not be Roe because you can not get it. CD-key is not legal in many web pages, but most of them are already in use. Therefore, this error should be rectified.

You can open the doomkey-file yourself with Notepad and type the code yourself in without the last two numbers, like this:

// Do not give this file to ANYONE.
// id Software and Activision will NOT ask you to send this file to them.

But don´t be online while starting. Somehow you´re key is ripped or not valid, eh? Anyway, if you´re not online, there should be no trouble. When it works, you can make a copy of the doomkey-file in a folder nearby and copy it over the original if you get trouble again.

I get this constantly for my ROE-key, because it´s key is already in use. The new patch checks ROE too if it is installed. This I fixed with just renaming the D3xp-folder. I´m not sure about your post, do you have ROE installed or not? If so, when try to rename the D3xp-folder. Oh, I read your post again and you don´t seem to have ROE... :rolleyes:

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

• 4 weeks later...