The Dark Mod Forums

Ion Storm Shuts Down

TazmanianDevil

I have worked out the plans how such a hub could work with arbitrary missions even if they are not in the same campaign. The major problem that we had with this was, that it might be fun to play through the first time, but it wouldn't be fun to be forced to use this when you just want to enter a mission. I also provided plans for this, which would essentialy provide a shortcut for players who wouldn't like to use the hub just to get to a mission, but we decided not to do it now. Of course this can be added later as well. The nice thing is, that this could tie all FMs together like in a single big city or country and making the FM selection a process directily in-game instead of the classical menu selection. We will see if this ever sees the light. :)

Gerhard

One of the things I liked about the city is that it added some sense of cohesion to the missions. I liked the idea that when I ended a mission, I had to head back to some pre-arranged meeting place. And then when setting out on a mission, I had to actually walk to the entrance of the mission.

As I said. The city can also be done later from somebody else. The major problem that I have with it is, that I don't want to be forced to run through a city that I already know, just to get to some mission entrance. This seems more like a level recycling to me as it was done in T3. It makes the total walking time longer without added maps.

Gerhard

Guest Thief FMM fan

After playing Thief(Gold), Metal Age, and Deadly Shadows. I'm very pissed at the events which have taken place in DS. The constant loading screens, tiny city size, glitchs, followed by lack of online game play has flustered me. We waited over 4 years for Thief DS, and they burned us without realising a level editor. Without fan made missions, i've been forced to shelf this game after beating it 3 times on all levels. :angry:

On the plus side, I did enjoy climbing walls, stabbing people in the back, and the graphis. :D However, I do feel cheated by the company. I expected the same quality of workmen ship, and hourless game, that I recived from Thief Gold and The Metal Age which never came.

In turn, I hope The Dark Mod entertains all Thief fans for years to come. Best of luck, I'll get Doom 3 and The Dark mod once it's finished.