Abandoned Works

113 replies to this topic

#101 fllood

fllood

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

_ATTI_ resumed the work on his abandoned map "Setting the Scene"

Edited by fllood, 22 March 2015 - 04:13 PM.

• nbohr1more and Deadlove like this
"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

#102 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2194 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

What about YOU, ST? Why not take it on? Youve done work for a hotel of sorts, a tavern and its guests. ;) Are you resting on your laurels, because you won that contest there like it says on top of your avatar? :D

Exactly. :D

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#103 DoubleOhZero

DoubleOhZero

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:07 AM

Hey all. I'm a noob mapper and the thing I get stuck with is visualising how I'd like my maps to look. WRH looks absolutely fantastic, and while I have no intention of working on it as a new project, having the files to examine and look over would be pretty educational.

Any chance I can get a copy of the files for WRH?

• Anderson likes this

#104 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36155 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

WRH is a massive map that is actually quite confusing to try and visualize from the map file.  You'd be much better off with a smaller map, like the majority of the released missions.

#105 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18360 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

WRH is a massive map that is actually quite confusing to try and visualize from the map file.  You'd be much better off with a smaller map, like the majority of the released missions.

Seconded, this really isn't a map for a new mapper. The original author Skacky was a senior Dromeder before making this map, Springheel and myself have both done work on this map and IMHO it need 2x seniors mappers working on it for 6 months to do it justice.

#106 DoubleOhZero

DoubleOhZero

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:42 AM

WRH must be terribly confusing to try to look at or make sense of. But that's exactly why I want to look at the files. The best way to learn is to look at the work of a professional, and see how they work. Who better to learn from than the combined work of Skacky, Springheel and Bikerdude?

Being told how to use patches, split brushes, align textures etc is all good and well, but actually seeing it in action is another thing - and seeing the nuts and bolts behind it is even better!

I don't presume to be experienced enough to use the map itself, but just to see the behind-the-scenes work would be immensely helpful.

So, may I please take a look at the files for WRH?
  • Anderson likes this

#107 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5159 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:37 AM

Just look at a complex completed FM like Behind Closed Doors, which is just as complex, more up to date in techniques, and freely downloadable.
Posted Image

#108 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18360 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

So, may I please take a look at the files for WRH?

It cant hurt, Flood can you do the honours. Or as Dema has suggested looked BcD which is also multi author.

#109 DoubleOhZero

DoubleOhZero

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going through BCD already, and it is helping a lot.

WRH just really caught my attention. I'll speak to Flood.

Edited by DoubleOhZero, 01 March 2016 - 03:55 AM.

• Anderson likes this

#110 pariah

pariah

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

hello anyone know how it is that saccade get this affect becauses he not reply for a long time on discussion and not on steam for many months now. Thank you. Also blog with code is 403. so idk how to remake many thing that he made like camera or motion senser or these thing. Also channel is empty and so only link to videos work now. it is annoying. Like barks gone funny in video xD

Edited by pariah, 01 February 2017 - 09:51 AM.

• Anderson likes this

#111 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

Spoiler

Please - just give me some time, ok?

Pete

(pps, I can't reply to your comment on the front page of the forums, but I'm up for a game of RO2 sometime - maybe Sunday?).

Edited by Bikerdude, 04 February 2017 - 04:11 AM.
TLDR - the post was too long so put it in spoiler tags

• SiyahParsomen, nbohr1more and Anderson like this

#112 pariah

pariah

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

ok i hold u to RO2 on sunday)) glorious again)) tyvm for explanation of all questions. i understand situation and will not harrass u more. sorry for spamming u for these months.

Edited by pariah, 04 February 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#113 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

Hey guys i was playing around with darkmod and made a small test map, there's not much there and i really mean it, there's no history, objectives or anything, it was just me playing around with TDM tools, engine scripting and assets, because of lack of time i stop working on it but would be a petty if it went to the trash and perhaps it could be useful for someone, i'm releasing this as is, with no guaranty, i don't even know if it will work on your PC, if it blows up don't complain to me. ;P

I tried to make it into a mission to be easy to try. (worked on my PC)

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Hope it is of some use. 

• nbohr1more and Anderson like this

#114 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18360 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

The original version of The Elixir -

- https://www.dropbox....pha_v1.pk4?dl=0

• Anderson likes this