The Dark Mod Forums

TDM 1.06 released!

greebo

To get the update, just run your tdm_update.exe file or see our website for more info: http://www.thedarkmod.com. The download size for upgrading 1.05 to 1.06 is about 48 MB, a fresh download will be about 2 GB.

Summary

TDM 1.06 not only fixes a bunch of issues, it also comes with new characters and features. This is also the first TDM release to include Mac OSX support.

- Like in the previous releases, a lot of AI code fixes and improvements were included, thanks to grayman's work. Special emphasis has been put on AI behaviour when re-lighting extinguished lights.

- New AI and animations

- Support for setting up campaigns

- Mac OSX binaries for tdm_update, tdmlauncher and the mod itself. Please refer to the wiki for further instructions, as the support is still somewhat experimental.

- The game is now presenting a "Click when ready" screen after the mission is loaded.

- The main menu background music can be switched off now.

- More aspect ratio options added to the menus

- An optional bow aimer mod has been integrated.

- Mission Downloader fixes and other stability patches.

- Savegames compression

- More portable lightgem code, removing the need for named pipes and tmp files.

- tdm_update.linux doesn't leave a corrupted tdm_game02.pk4 behind after a differential update

- ...and more, the full changelog can be found on our wiki: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=What%27s_new_in_TDM_1.06

Note: While missions are fully compatible with this release, you can NOT load any previously saved games after updating to 1.06. If you're in the middle of playing a mission, you might want to finish it before updating.

No torrent? Since the differential update mechanism has been activated, the torrent download stats have been more and more decreasing, therefore no 1.06 torrent is available at the moment. Please let us know in the forums if there is a need for a torrent.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies