Photo

Fan Mission: Reap as you sow by Fieldmedic (2011/06/19)

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Fan Mission: Reap as you sow by Fieldmedic (2011/06/19) (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Seasonal Theme captured?

1. No Season defined (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

2. Barely defined Season (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

3. Season is clear, nothing more (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

4. Season is captured well (20 votes [42.55%])

Percentage of vote: 42.55%

5. Near Perfect, evokes the feel of the Season (14 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag?

1. * (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. * * (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

3. * * * (19 votes [40.43%])

Percentage of vote: 40.43%

4. * * * * (12 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

5. * * * * * (5 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

Aesthetics: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style. Audio, use mood. Storytelling and consistency?

1. * (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. * * (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

3. * * * (13 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

4. * * * * (22 votes [46.81%])

Percentage of vote: 46.81%

5. * * * * * (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

This is how the tension meter works:

When the arrow is on green, the tension is low. Nobody will harm you.
If you do something suspicious the tension goes to the middle = Tension is high. If anyone sees you, they'll either attack you, or flee from you and the tension hits red = Your cover is blown. Suspicious things are: Stealing, KO:ing, going where you don't belong (Like moving up to the door, as to enter the barn, or going past the sign near the hay.)

As I forgot to mention that the maze hasn't opened yet (That would have been another hint among the objectives) I say it flat out:

"The maze hasn't opened yet, better search the houses first."

I'm really starting to wonder if uploading this was a very smart idea...

I get the tension meter - its pretty self explanetory but still don't know where to go as everything I've done except stay in the main courtyard sets it high and someone attacks me. A hint or more would be helpful at this point. I would really like to give this a go as it looks intriguing. Thanks. I haven't tried jumping a wall yet at the front maybe will try that. Again what am I missing?

Edited by Thiefette, 21 June 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#27 Ziggun

Ziggun

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Completed...

Spoiler

While I cannot speak for the majority of the level, I would like to hear more on your criticism on the readibles. However, as I do not wish to derail Fieldmedic's thread, could we please do it via PMs?

I get the tension meter - its pretty self explanetory but still don't know where to go as everything I've done except stay in the main courtyard sets it high and someone attacks me. A hint or more would be helpful at this point. I would really like to give this a go as it looks intriguing. Thanks. I haven't tried jumping a wall yet at the front maybe will try that.

The main thing to remember is that as a detective, your job is to investigate. Just because the tension meter goes yellow doesn't mean that you shouldn't go snooping around ;)

Edited by Ziggun, 21 June 2011 - 12:03 PM.

- Writer Ascendant >

#28 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

Bless the Builder I'm in!!

#29 Shadowhide

Shadowhide

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

this mission rocks

only thing i don't like is lags (30fps in some places) and forced ghosting on expert

Proceed with caution!

#30 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

Regarding the daylight sneaking:

Spoiler

#31 Zaratul

Zaratul

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

I`m stuck with optional objective:
Spoiler

Edited by Zaratul, 21 June 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#32 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36409 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

I don't want to read any spoilers, but I can't even get started with this mission. How do I get into the hedge maze? The gate is closed and I can't find any way to open it. Everywhere else I try to go I am instantly attacked.

#33 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

What level are you playing on and how far have you got..?

fyi - the gate to the maze opens after you complete an objective
Spoiler

#34 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

I don't want to read any spoilers, but I can't even get started with this mission. How do I get into the hedge maze? The gate is closed and I can't find any way to open it. Everywhere else I try to go I am instantly attacked.

I too had this problem. The solution seem to be timing and dumb luck.

If you want to know the way I did it then read on.

Spoiler

#35 fpk

fpk

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

liked this mission, but came to a point that i am bugged and cant seem to continue

Spoiler

#36 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

As said before, outside spoilers, this is a thing missed on my behalf; There was supposed to be a popup message that tells the player that the maze isn't opened yet, and you better search the private areas like the barn or main building.

And this means wandering into restricted areas so the tension will get high if you enter beyond the sign, or try to enter the barn.

#37 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

liked this mission, but came to a point that i am bugged and cant seem to continue

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, dear...This mission is broken :(

#38 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:40 AM

I`m stuck with optional objective:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#39 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:11 AM

Important info in first post!

#40 fpk

fpk

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

I got my problem half solved
Spoiler

the mission is great, but the problem is, there are too many readables, and even i tried reading all of them(except the one i mentioned that cannot be read), I can hardly remember the details and put them together as a big picture. I find that reading the long diaries quite demanding and sometimes I just dont get them. I'd like to know the story, but most probably I aint gonna read through everything for a few times to know what they're saying(i'm just lazy)
Anyway thanks for the mission and I think with tweaks, it can be even greater than it is now.

#41 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:29 AM

I got my problem half solved

Spoiler

the mission is great, but the problem is, there are too many readables, and even i tried reading all of them(except the one i mentioned that cannot be read), I can hardly remember the details and put them together as a big picture. I find that reading the long diaries quite demanding and sometimes I just dont get them. I'd like to know the story, but most probably I aint gonna read through everything for a few times to know what they're saying(i'm just lazy)
Anyway thanks for the mission and I think with tweaks, it can be even greater than it is now.

Good

Spoiler

Thanks for the input. Yes, there is numerous readables, but as time went on this mission developed to be a mission meant to break boundaries. It is not a regular TDM-mission being you are not a clear thief, but rather a corrupted private eye. My friend wrote the readables and I thought they were really good, but long! But I took the chance to put them in to see what the community thought about it. Someone may like them, some other's may not. It was a chance taking but I can promise you that I won't ever be breaking 5-6 pages on a single readable ever again :P

Edited by Fieldmedic, 22 June 2011 - 04:29 AM.

#42 i30817

i30817

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

This is a kind of hitman like infiltration mission? I quite like that.

#43 Ladro

Ladro

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

This mission it's really strange, i like it as to experiment some new gameplay.

I was in real touble at the beginning, always spotted by the sentinel. It was real difficult (and a little frustating) to me to adapt to a new gameplay without the darkness at the start and the *tension* system rather then our lovely gem.
But the use of the maze and the design IMHO it's very good. My congratulation :laugh:

Edited by Ladro, 22 June 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#44 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Regarding the daylight sneaking:

Spoiler

Another is

Spoiler

#45 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Another is

Spoiler

If the tension ever reaches red, it won't ever drop and the guards will never stop chasing you. Even though you won't fail the mission by being detected (on normal/hard) the session is basically screwed as you cannot drop the tension by killing anyone. This is a big drawback with my mission as it forces ghosting onto players, I'm aware of that but I'm totall positive that there is possible to improve the tension meter much more via exellent AI-scripting in future missions, if anyone dares to make one :)

But as I said earlier, this is a totally new kind of map/gameplay, and can be seen as an experiment and boundary pushing mission. One of the big reason (only reason?) I chose a daytime mission is because I wanted to really go with the season theme. I felt winter would be too obvious and easy in comparison. So I guessed I would be the only one foolish enough to try making a daytime summer theme and so I made it totally summery with birds and cows and in total daylight Posted Image I guess it was spot on in that regard! Posted Image But yes, this choice has severe negative effects on gameplay, but again, I think it could be improved with clever scripting.

Because it's hard for me to tell what you've done and not have done, I'll post a walkthrough, step by step.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Fieldmedic, 22 June 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#46 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

Great, now I have 3 fms to play!

Congrats Fieldmedic!

#47 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Great, now I have 3 fms to play!

Congrats Fieldmedic!

Thank you :)

Before you start this one, you better check some of the tips mentioned in the thread. Nothing spoiling is outside spoilers so to speak.

Don't go to the maze at once, start searching the houses and watch out for people when you're in the restricted areas!

#48 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

Don't go to the maze at once, start searching the houses and watch out for people when you're in the restricted areas!

I'll. :)

#49 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

If the tension ever reaches red, it won't ever drop and the guards will never stop chasing you. Even though you won't fail the mission by being detected (on normal/hard) the session is basically screwed as you cannot drop the tension by killing anyone. This is a big drawback with my mission as it forces ghosting onto players, I'm aware of that but I'm totall positive that there is possible to improve the tension meter much more via exellent AI-scripting in future missions, if anyone dares to make one :)

But as I said earlier, this is a totally new kind of map/gameplay, and can be seen as an experiment and boundary pushing mission. One of the big reason (only reason?) I chose a daytime mission is because I wanted to really go with the season theme. I felt winter would be too obvious and easy in comparison. So I guessed I would be the only one foolish enough to try making a daytime summer theme and so I made it totally summery with birds and cows and in total daylight Posted Image I guess it was spot on in that regard! Posted Image But yes, this choice has severe negative effects on gameplay, but again, I think it could be improved with clever scripting.

Because it's hard for me to tell what you've done and not have done, I'll post a walkthrough, step by step.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks Fieldmedic. I think I'll go back to a previous save or start over as I'm having no luck right now.

#50 Octarine

Octarine

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

Spoiler

There's a way around that first bug.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users