Photo

Fan Mission: Reap as you sow by Fieldmedic (2011/06/19)

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Fan Mission: Reap as you sow by Fieldmedic (2011/06/19) (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Seasonal Theme captured?

1. No Season defined (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

2. Barely defined Season (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

3. Season is clear, nothing more (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

4. Season is captured well (20 votes [42.55%])

Percentage of vote: 42.55%

5. Near Perfect, evokes the feel of the Season (14 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag?

1. * (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. * * (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

3. * * * (19 votes [40.43%])

Percentage of vote: 40.43%

4. * * * * (12 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

5. * * * * * (5 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

Aesthetics: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style. Audio, use mood. Storytelling and consistency?

1. * (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. * * (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

3. * * * (13 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

4. * * * * (22 votes [46.81%])

Percentage of vote: 46.81%

5. * * * * * (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18642 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

http://www.MegaShare.com/3368609 ver 1.02

The above link is broken and .pk4 file fidcal.com and bloodgate is a corrupt archive.

#102 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Here is a new upload...

http://d01.megashare...g/reap 1.02.pk4

Edited by Fieldmedic, 05 June 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#103 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18642 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

can comeone update the bloodgate/fidcal links, or PM the access and I will do it.

#104 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7785 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I have added a dropbox link to the FM page. As I understand that should update the mirrors.

Here is the link for your convenience:

https://dl.dropbox.c...706561/reap.pk4

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17706561/reap.pk4

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#105 Ishtvan

Ishtvan

Programmer

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14860 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

I just played the latest version without trying the earlier ones. With the new AI changes to make them take slightly longer before deciding to charge you if they see you, this is very playable! Just find hard cover and lean around to see if anyone is there first. I really liked the new gameplay and the story/readables. Visuals were a bit blocky, but I understand that may be a limitation of a wide open are that's fully lit.

Spoiler

#106 Ishtvan

Ishtvan

Programmer

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14860 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Oh, one other nitpick to the otherwise great gameplay:

Spoiler

#107 Black_Valor

Black_Valor

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm having an issue with the maze. The three pieces of unique loot in particular.
Spoiler
I'm unable to complete the FM

#108 Furman

Furman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

I'm stuck in this mission and I think it's due to a bug (or I've done something wrong):

Spoiler

Edited by Furman, 18 October 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#109 DeusXIncognita

DeusXIncognita

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I finally managed to play through that Mission, and found it quite intriguing. The plot develops nicely, and there is much to read about what happened.
There were some quirks for me though, but most of them I can only write from memory:
(I used the Darkmod ingame mission downloader to get the mission)
Spoiler

So far so good, despite some problems I really had fun, thanks.

#110 apostrophe

apostrophe

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

[Less than a month. Am I ressurrecting the thread?]
I enjoyed this one. I had one hell of a tough time, but I liked it at the end.

For starters, it was nice to interpret a private eye. A cleptomaniac private eye at that, but anyway. I began at Expert, as I do in Thief and am doing in Dark Mod. Could not ignore the Tension meter; did not know what it did, but anyway. So, for a curious start, I jumped on the table at the front yard, then on the barrel, trying to childishly mantle the wall. Door opened, a maid saw me
Spoiler

she imediately panicked, and mission failed. "Ok". Restarted in Hard difficulty. I must have quick loaded it fifty times. This mission hits the mark as a day time intruder simulator.

The storyline is unexpectadly thick. I'm new around here, but I've seen the author FieldMedic often. It seems he's a creative plot writer. But, back to the mission, I can see why some people criticize the length of the texts, they are big indeed. As for me, my only embarassement was that by the end, I wasn't so sure of the male characters. The father and the two brothers' names confused me. On I read and on I forgot who
Spoiler

But, of course, as any good FM go, the adjacent plot you find yourself involved is great.

The map composition I found good. Succint. I think another vantage point, besides the barn, maybe on top the guard's rooms, would be good. But this is me, I like vantage and overhead points. But like people said above, you may be utterly confused to see the maze closed, if you are so inclined to venture there. The bright red painting of the house and barn , in my memory, highlights the time of the day, and the agrarian theme.
Spoiler

My biggest letdown, I think, was the state of mind I was when I
Spoiler
. Because of the alertness of those guards and servants in the maze, I skulked under those low hedges, I darted from green corner to green corner and was aware as a stressed cat to the sound of their steps on the other side of the walls. I really lament not being able to walk the level peacefully, with the ticket I had to do it. Also, how did we got to the conclusion of
Spoiler

I see this was a seasonal mission. Maybe the author did not have much time to tidy these spots, but anyway, it was good. (and funny, the mission enlarges in size while I write about it).

Edited by apostrophe, 26 December 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#111 Giskard_hun

Giskard_hun

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hello Guys,

I uploaded a video about the full walkthrough to here: ENJOY (the video is full linear, because I cutted off the failed tryings)

1 important bug: don't KO the guard which is near the entrance of the Maze, because you'll be teleported into the snowy area, and you can back only 1 time from there!

Edited by Giskard_hun, 22 February 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#112 Apiai

Apiai

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

Hello,
I'm having an issue with the epilog at the end, I can't 'turn the page', when I click on the arrow, nothing happens, and I can clearly hear that I'm still in the game, I can walk, change weapons, etc...
Is this mission compatible with TDM 2.0 ?

#113 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

This was a really awesome mission, as it had a lot of unique elements! It's first of all the only TDM mission I know of that takes place during the daytime, which puts an end to my curiosity of how a day mission would be. It also uses many nice concepts... such as the tension meter, and the AI turning on you only when you're in areas where you're not allowed. This mission reminded me of Hitman for some reason :) Lastly, thank you for being one of the (fewer) mission designers who bothered to add an outro, rather than going directly to the "mission complete" window without getting any ending.

On the downsides: A mission during the day is certainly not easy, and I can see why TDM doesn't have many. Once you're in the garden, it's mostly a matter of luck not to have someone looking your way, as you don't really have where to hide if they do... the indoors are darker and easier though. The detail outside was also kind of lacking... I think the mapping could have been of better quality outdoor.

• Anderson likes this

#114 llanita

llanita

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

I'm stuck. I'm playing the middle difficutly. I just started. I hid by where the manhole cover is, knocked out the patrolling guard by the sign that says Private Property, and was instantly transported to the snow scene. 

I found the body of carl, and his ring and sword. I also saw Bernard and knocked him out. 

I cannot find my way out of  the snowland.  How do I get out of here? 

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

#115 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:41 PM

Kill him

#116 manzanita-crow

manzanita-crow

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

I can see your point, but there was no way I was framing an innocent woman just cos she was an intelligent woman fighting for a place in a man's world. I stopped playing and came here once that objective popped up. I wanted to see if there was another way of completing the mission without doing that - to see if it was a test. Good game and thanks for the work you put in, but that's my feedback

Why wouldn't the protagonist be so evil that he could frame Alma? He's not exactly a well doer, he's only in for it for the money and besides, he suspects that the sole reason Oscar hires you is because he WANTS to frame Alma.[/spoiler]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users