Photo

Fan Mission: Alberic's Curse by b1k3rdude (Updated: 01/11/2014)

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#26 Shadowhide

Shadowhide

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

congrats on release Biker

i enjoyed T2 version of this mission before and enjoying it now.

i also find thing that was in T2 version but not in TDM version.this is swinging bell (bell start swinging when player jumping on the rope).but this is just small details

FPS is fine,it only drops around 30-45 on the cathedral roof

Proceed with caution!

#27 i30817

i30817

• PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Spoiler

yeah i didn't see that room - it was on the other side of a stuck haunt and the other way to get there was "unobvious".

The haunt was stuck on the other bookstand room btw, on a statue on the floor.

#28 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

The haunt was stuck on the other bookstand room btw, on a statue on the floor.

I had that same problem through the whole mission. When I went back into a saved game to check on the location of that key you were looking for he was no longer stuck.:laugh:

#29 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

I conseed some Ai haunts are getting stuck, but I built and tested this thing in 6 weeks like. So its combination of my building and the useal TDM bugs
:laugh:

#30 Mortem Desino

Mortem Desino

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2442 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

The season felt cold and autumn-ish. Not sure, as the season wasn't clarified or tied into the story as far as I could tell.

I never got bored throughout the mission. The little spiders scurrying about made hallways always feel living. No particularly notable bugs. The length of the mission was quite nice. It wasn't excruciatingly long like one or two thief missions.

Visually, one of the best I've seen, and very moody. Use of ambient speakers was fantastic and sometimes quite tense. I had to go outside and take a s'mores break halfway through the mission. :o I didn't complete the optional "doll" objective. I just wanted to hightail it out of there!

Storytelling was disappointing at first, as I didn't know what I was getting myself into or why. Readables cleared some things up. Kind of a crucial aspect, so I had to turn your 5-star aesthetics down to 4.
yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

#31 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

• The season felt cold and autumn-ish. Not sure, as the season wasn't clarified or tied into the story as far as I could tell.
  • I never got bored throughout the mission. The little spiders scurrying about made hallways always feel living. No particularly notable bugs. The length of the mission was quite nice. It wasn't excruciatingly long like one or two thief missions.
  • Visually, one of the best I've seen, and very moody. Use of ambient speakers was fantastic and sometimes quite tense. I had to go outside and take a s'mores break halfway through the mission. :o I didn't complete the optional "doll" objective. I just wanted to hightail it out of there!
  • Storytelling was disappointing at first, as I didn't know what I was getting myself into or why. Readables cleared some things up. Kind of a crucial aspect, so I had to turn your 5-star aesthetics down to 4.

• Smashing, twas Autumn and this is backed up in the readable's. I would have liked to have windows blown piles of leaves but alas i dont have them skills yet.
  • Thats was the idea, glad you licked it.
  • It was hard to tell after working on it for so long, ah dude you gotta get the doll, it was a another homage!
  • I'm getting better in that dept and I did have a little help. had I more time I could have polished this side of it more.

#32 PranQster

PranQster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1754 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

Am I the only one who gets the following error during mission load?
Joint 'Head' not found for attachment position 'velvetcap_1' on entity 'idFAAttachment_atdm:ai_head_thief_player_3123'

Sigh...

Edit: I get the same error in Rake Off too, so this is a TDM 1.06 issue, not an issue with the FM. I'll post in the appropriate forum.

Edited by PranQster, 20 June 2011 - 07:12 PM.

mageia_mini.png Linux pranqster 4.9.20-desktop-1.mga6 #1 SMP Fri Mar 31 19:12:37 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

#33 lost_soul

lost_soul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Well I haven't finished this one yet, but I can tell you now that it gets very high marks for visual and audio quality from me. There is tuns of detail everywhere and it doesn't just feel like simple brushes slapped together.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

#34 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

Sorry Bikerdude, going by the outside where the campfire was I thought it was summer. I did notice the fall type leaves inside the compound but attributed that to ghoulish atmosphere where there was lots of dead and decaying going on.

#35 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'm usually not a huge fan of exploration missions and frequently find myself bored and clipping thorugh the walls just to finish the damn thing already. But this one is really good! Not only motivated to finish it correctly, I actually enjoyed it a lot! I even completed an additional objective when I was finding my way back :)

5 stars on the visuals, environment and all..
Spoiler

Edited by Diego, 20 June 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#36 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Did you notice the ceiling dust as well Diego..?

#37 Chiron

Chiron

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

I need help breaking the curse.

Spoiler

#38 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

when I built the mission I tried convey good and eveil via colour, so white for good and green for evil, there is only one good pool...

regarding the switch mentioned in the 'pool book' thats a typo from the original T2 text - I forgot to change it and non of my testers picked up it either. (poor testing practices on my part)

The only funtion of the ritual room
Spoiler
did you did you find the other reward in that room..?

#39 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

Yes, tried that. The door just makes a metal sound like it is being blocked.
I have a savegame if you want.

Ok, in Chirons case the door is blocked by the little spiders, after he killed them in the doorway.

There are 2 issues here,
  • People dont know that these little spider wont attack the player (thats a TDM issue not my map) - but I did mention in the player notes that you only have to worry about the big ones...
  • and Secondly I wasnt awar that those little Ai could get stuck in/on doors - so maybe a are arg on the door such push_ai similar to push player..?

#40 Xarg

Xarg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

I admit to being a bit confused initially with the breaking the curse optional objective...
Spoiler

Have to admit I didn't really catch any seasonal theme, but the architecture was brilliant, the atmosphere was good, and a few readables in everything started making sense. Well done Biker, each release impresses me more :)

Spoiler

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

#41 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

Spoiler

Did you miss the readable down there..?

#42 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

Haven't finished this yet, but if you don't comb home the crown on this one, I'm gonna eat my shorts!

I'm not gonna vote on any mission before I've played them all, but I just wanted you to know that this is really good! :o It's to that stage where I feel pain when I play, knowing that I will never achieve anything like this. Like it's not worth trying because someone will always be so much better.

#43 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

But as has been mentioned more than a few times, my story telling is below par and I don't have a clue about scripting (yet)... so by the time scripting and story telling skills are upto scratch your visuals will have improved at the same time!

^_^

#44 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

You can do much with scripting by knowing just a few commands. All scripting in my mission is only based on calling entities in the map and some if-strings...once you got the syntax down, it's fairly simple to achieve many small tasks.

But if we're talking advanced AI-things a la Grayman et al, I'm covering in shame...

Spoiler

#45 Xarg

Xarg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

Did you miss the readable down there..?

Must have, hence bogwashing the blue guy in the stand on the lower level, heh.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

#46 Diego

Diego

Modeler

• PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Did you notice the ceiling dust as well Diego..?

I'm not sure which one I noticed :P

#47 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Forgot to ask

Spoiler

#48 Chiron

Chiron

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Thanks, finished it. Here is my verdict:

Spoiler

#49 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Spoiler

It was half to make the player jump, and I forgot to add falling dust & debries (but there is a pile of bricks etc on the floor)

#50 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5522 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Here be my review:
Spoiler

Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic