The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Business as Usual V2.0 by b1k3rdude (24/09/2011)

Bikerdude

*Checks votes*

*Sees 3 "OK" ones - the lowest available in all categories*

*Suspects Shadowhide*

*Reconsiders: "Nah, that's presumptuous of me - I've seen other people downvote nastily before...*

*Scrolls up thread*

Shadowhide:

i rate this story as :"OK"

gameplay : nothing unusual,no AI conversations, no scripting events... gameplay is just: "OK"

visuals : simple and nice architecture, "OK"

this mission is OK

>.>

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished, lots of fun. A few bugs, like in the tavern it's almost impossible to loot the coins on the table, the guy in the sewer couldn't be moved after blackjacking him. A couple of other minor things, but lots of fun.

The screenshots were uploaded to N just a few minutes ago, so we should have an article up on Moddb soon.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Well done B-dude, just downloaded it and had a quick peek last night.

So far very impressed - the sewers are vastly improved.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Hehe.. :D

I scared the inventor by mistake out of his bed and he run to seek help. As he never came back, I wondered where he would have gone. Later on I found him on the street. .. I think he got dorsalgia :huh:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Its a known tdm bug - but of the top of my head the possible reason the guy didn't go back to his apartment/bed is path finding issue

That's probably right.

At least he doesn't look as silly as a sitter who sits even though he can't find his chair.

I'll bet I could put something on the AI and/or the sitting/sleeping path_corners to at least keep them from sitting/sleeping when they're not where they're supposed to be when they do it.

After BJing the barmaid and the noble I just walked right up to the table and took them - nobody said nothin

Hmmm, all the Ai in the tavern are friendly to the player bar the Noble, so there was no need to bj the barmaid,

but the nobel should have had a go once he saw you.

At least he doesn't look as silly as a sitter who sits even though he can't find his chair.

Yes he did - because he was hovering in the air while he was sleeping. Some kind of bad magick :laugh:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Hmmm, all the Ai in the tavern are friendly to the player bar the Noble, so there was no need to bj the barmaid,

but the nobel should have had a go once he saw you.

I wasn't sure about her but I thought she might alarm the noble. For him I came in the back door so he never saw me.

Edit - Just finished and enjoyed all the changes you made but may go back in as I only

got 2369 out of 2994 loot although after searching for almost an hour I checked tdm_show_loot and it came up exactly where my stash was. I also didn't find an inventor's apt. so am missing something. I only had trouble with getting loot out of one chest - it was in the female's apt. I had to noclip to get the loot. I had several crashes but I believe it's on my end which is why I voted excellant in your first question. I also could find no way up to the archer.

Thanks for a great update. Look forward to your next mission.

Edited by Thiefette

I also didn't find an inventor's apt. so am missing something. I only had trouble with getting loot out of one chest - it was in the female's apt. I also could find no way up to the archer.

Its directly above where you start, oops though I fixed that - there are two entrances, via the barracks or the street where you walk through a small tunnel

Its directly above where you start, oops though I fixed that - there are two entrances, via the barracks or the street where you walk through a small tunnel

I just went and checked and I did get the guy above me with a blackjack while he was sleeping. I guess I need to pay attention to who I'm hitting :) . I wasn't sure as I didn't get to him through either the barracks or a tunnel, I just used the doors.

A question to everyone:

Who among you found the

wine cellar under the wine/beer shop....

I did ^_^ - nice touch.

By the way

am still looking for the rest of the loot and am wondering if the stash was suppose to be counted as loot but is it possible it didn't for some reason?

run "tdm_show_loot" from the console and it will show where the rest of the loot is... and the stash dosent count.

After running "tdm_show_loot" in several different areas of the map again it still shows the missing loot in the exact spot where my stash was

in the thiefs hideout, in the sewer, by the stove.

This is what "tdm_show_loot" shows me: 5 items remaining Gold: 625, Jewels:0, Goods:0. My current inventory shows me with Gold: 829, Jewels: 525, Goods: 1005. I don't know where else to look. I've found the wine room and the up high room. Any thoughts?

who among you foudn the ladys bedroom that way up high...

you mean the one that

you climb the drainpipe up to? found it :)

ended up taking a break from this for a while due to complications... i seem to be the only person on earth that cannot find the footlocker to put the wine bottle into. i've tried both the lockers in

the second floor (i think) of the guardhouse

but they dont seem to complete the objective.... and i've still got 30 moss arrows. anyone noticed this on expert mode?