The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Business as Usual V2.0 by b1k3rdude (24/09/2011)

Bikerdude

I'm afraid I can't find the right foot locker for the wine either! >.>

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottle objective didn't check of for me either. And I checked in the editor that it was the correct locker.

I had the error as well and I know what the problem is: there are two bottles that can be put in the box, if you know what I mean. Try both of them...

And regarding the loot problem with the stash: that´s definitely an error. The loot somehow must be connected to the stash by mistake.

Edited by Florian

I dropped the bottle over at the Inventor's home where you collect the workshop key at first (before the Inventor was even in the mission sleeping in the room laugh.gif ).

But then I remembered that the running joke is about the "drunk guard" so I went to their home and the objective worked for me...

Not sure what's happening for Ungoliant, but there's enough foot-lockers where you could get confused from location to location... unsure.gif I never collected a second bottle though so I have no idea about Baal's experience.

?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Hey Biker...

Did you add any relighting markers to any torches in this mission? I don't recall seeing any relighting anywhere (not that I saw too many places where they would patrol like that...). Some Moddb folk are curious... ^_^

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 2 weeks later...

First post - I am really enjoying this updated mission but I am stuck

The key to the strong box is with the dear departed which I assume is the man who was killed in the generator but looking all over that area and underneath in the sewer including stopping the water wheel with the hammer I haven't found the key

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for an updated version!

I am just replaying the TDM missions on my new machine.

While I see the map to be extended a bit, I must say that the old one had a bit more charme ... and less bugs.

I ended with 2369 loot and

tdm_show_loot

shows that the remaining loot (625) is located at the position where my loot-bag was located.

In case it is still required, I could provide a savegame - if I can find out how to attach it to a PM.

Also the guard in the hotel had a few path-finding issues:

a) he did not properly find his way back up the stairs again and had to retry a couple of times to make his final turn to the top of the stairs.

B) at the top where he is supposed to take position - near the bathroom - he always turned around by 90 degrees like mad and did not pick up his route again.

So I had to dispose him.

• 3 months later...

Played the first release long time ago and replayed the new version last night. The new visual touches found everythere are awesome! Also the changes, new areas & added AI are a welcome addition. Biker, you made an already very good mission excellent! It's still one of the FM's with most good nostalgia Thief flair. Definitely worth all your work hours that went into the reissue. Thanks!

Definitely worth and fun having a replay even if you already played the first version.

Edited by fllood

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

• 4 weeks later...

This might be the earlier version, but thought you'd enjoy: http://blip.tv/gaming4life/the-dark-mod-business-as-usual-5969344