The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Business as Usual V2.0 by b1k3rdude (24/09/2011)

Bikerdude

Business as Usual v2.0

loadingscreent.jpg

"Visting a friend in the old quarter, has asked me to keep an eye on his place while he is out of town for a few days. Have a few errands that need doing, will know more when I get there...."

Download links:-

Business as Usual 2.0

Build Time:

Update Build Time:'

3-4 weeks.

As alwaysr espect to the Dark Mod team and for all the hard work they put and continue to put into it. Special thanks to Fidcal, Serpentine and others for their help on the forums and to my beta testers: Greyman, nbhormore, McPhisto, Lost_soul, Pranqster and the original testers!

Info:

# I have changed some of the Ai in the town, and added to the level of difficulty

Known issues:-

# Despite all the extra eye candy, this mission should perf well on even low end systems. P4+HD4650 gets around 20-30fps.

# As with all my missions, explore, explore, explore... you taffer!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tels and Fidcal, may I request that you update the versions listed at the TDM site too?

(Thus I will have a reliable download link for a Moddb article :) )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

How the hell can I auto see the votes without having to vote myself.. any reason why cant I see who's voted..?

You had to set public poll, or something to 1. Too late when someone has voted.

Oh, and congratulations on the map!:D

Ok who voted 'ok' on all three questions? SH that better not be you being annoying again?!

story :

Visting a friend in the old quarter, has asked me to keep an eye on his place while he is out of town for a few days. Have a few errands that need doing, will know more when I get there...

i rate this story as :"OK"

gameplay : nothing unusual,no AI conversations, no scripting events... gameplay is just: "OK"

visuals : simple and nice architecture, "OK"

this mission is OK

Proceed with caution!

Cool map! But I don't get why

there are so many keys I don't have a use for? e.g. Apartment key or the key in the water (sewers)

Every key has a use, as they would in real life.

The apartment key is for the nobles apartment in the hotel

, I gave the player the option of stealing the key or just lockpicking the door instead.

The key in sewers is for the front door to the hideout,

again just giving the player mutliple options.

@Gman, glad your enjoying it.

I just finished playing this mission. I enjoyed ghosting it (save for the guy on the tower). I very much enjoyed the open feel and the many options of the mission. The only spot I got stuck on enough to check here for help had to do with the hideout objective, as there was one object I hadn't picked up. Thank you for creating this... am I to understand you put it all together in five weeks? That's impressive.