The Dark Mod Forums

Let Sleeping Thieves Lie By Sir Taffsalot & Bikerdude (20/10/2011)

Sir Taffsalot

44 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

• It made me want to tear my eyes out
    • OK
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Perfect
  2. 2. Gameplay

• Don't touch Darkradiant ever again
    • OK
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • Perfect
  3. 3. Story

Let Sleeping Thieves Lie

intronr.jpg

A couple of days ago I was hired for an unusual job.

I was asked to assasinate the leader of the Unseen

thieves guild jack Blackthorn. People have been known to

say he is the devil himself

I don't usually take assasin missions but ever since I refused to

join the Unseen thieves guild, Jack Blackthorn has wanted me dead.

So i took the oppertunity to eliminate the threat.The mission went

well and I managed to put a broadhead Through Blackthorns black heart.

yesterday I was at the Builder's Arms and overheard a conversation.

Jack Blackthorn had returned from the dead to take revenge on the person who

killed him. His grave was found open with nothing inside.

This doesn't sound good for me. I'm going to infiltrate

The Unseen thieves guild in the sewers and see just what's going on.

While the city sleeps I might aswell take the oppertunity to make some profit. Word on the street is that the local church has a valueble artefact called the Dagger of St. Dunstan. That should fetch a nice price.

I have a bad feeling about this. I don't like dealing with the undead. it's best to let sleeping thieves lie.

http://www.thedarkmo...ndetails/?id=49

lstl

A great big thank you to Bikerdude for helping me finish this FM

Thanks to my bete testers - Bikerdude, Glyph seeker, Ppoe, ithel, Mcphisto2051, Lost soul, Pranqster, Nbohr1more and Xarg.

Thanks to anyone who replied to any of my questions in the TDM editors guild. Thanks for humoring a noob.

And last but definitely not least thanks to the TDM team for countless hours of fun over the last two years and for many more I'm sure to come.

Edited by Sir Taffsalot
added thedarkmod.com download link
  • Like 2

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

You should probably post your mission Briefing or a description in the main post Sir Taffsalot. That will provide a better template for the Mission download page...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I like it. This is a fun mission.One strange thing I noticed this time (since beta testing):

I didn't get credit for finding Jack Blackthorn in the thieves den. I had played it through during beta testing and this time I just cruised through. What triggers that objective? Because whatever it was, I skipped it somehow. Was it a readable next to the necronomicon? I just grabbed the book and the loot in that room and went on my way.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Congrats. =-3

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Thanks Nbohr!Can you put Biker down as an auther as well? This FM wouldn't have turned out the way it did without his help. He deserves credit aswell.

I already have an idea for my next FM and have been drawing maps on my lunch break. I think I have the DR bug. So yeah put me down for another 1. I have no idea when it might be ready though.

The Joker

Hmmm

I rubbed and smacked that book all over the holy symbols in the church but nothing happened

BTW nbohr1mor screenshots incoming. I didn't do any brightening because this mission looks very washed out on my screen the ambient is set so high. Let me know if you need me to brighten them as I still have the originals.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Hmmm

I rubbed and smacked that book all over the holy symbols in the church but nothing happened

BTW nbohr1mor screenshots incoming. I didn't do any brightening because this mission looks very washed out on my screen the ambient is set so high. Let me know if you need me to brighten them as I still have the originals.

is that the holy symbol hanging from the ceiling of the church? If you stand on the chandalier infront of it and throw it on to the face of the symbol it should go up in flames.

The Joker

is that the holy symbol hanging from the ceiling of the church? If you stand on the chandalier infront of it and throw it on to the face of the symbol it should go up in flames.

That seems a little too ridiculous to me, if it's a holy symbol then the entire thing is a holy symbol not just 1 small part of it. I'll go back and finish up then thank you :)

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

That seems a little too ridiculous to me, if it's a holy symbol then the entire thing is a holy symbol not just 1 small part of it. I'll go back and finish up then thank you smile.gif

yeah it shouldn't matter where the book touches the symbol. Hmmm

The Joker

Not a contest entry because it was worked on for a loooong time. But if you and the others wouldn't mind bending the rules I would be glad to add this to the roster ^_^

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)