The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded to the latest (and greatest) IPB Board version!

modetwo

I switched back to the white skin. It's infinitely better suited to reading. The old skin made me think something's wrong with my monitor. ;)

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I like this template, but I suggest this little change in the actual css:

post_body .post {

color: #000000;

Or, otherwise, a darker background and a white (or clear color) font.

More contrast, better reading :rolleyes:

Thanks another time ModeTwo :D

Edited by Ladro

No, the old theme is not compatible with this version of IP.Board.

Bwhaha, after the last upgrade people complained about the 'ugly brown' theme, now they complain about the ugly grey colors. Yay for changes.

Now if I just go back to the shadows and keep quiet, everyone will forget all about how the forums were back in the days and then gradually become satisfied because they forget what they're complaining about. It's happened before, tihi!. ; - )

~m2

I love the look but shades of brown are fine by me as well (I was never one of those anti-brown Ubuntu haters)...

My only concern is that the text on the polls is too faint (needs to be darker).

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Done!

It's great! :D

Here you have another modification proposed for the poll (that now it's unreadble):

.poll_question {

color: #000000;
margin: 10px 10px 10px 20px;
padding: 10px;

(you only have to add "color: #000000")

Thanks a lot for your efforts ModeTwo, I really appreciate! ;)

Edited by Ladro

No, the old theme is not compatible with this version of IP.Board.Bwhaha, after the last upgrade people complained about the 'ugly brown' theme, now they complain about the ugly grey colors. Yay for changes.

Ah ok, I didnt mean to come across as complaining so apologies for that. but if you could create a 'brown' based version of the current grey one that would be immensly appreciated! :-D

@Bikerdude: Hehe, no worries, I was mostly joking. Anyway, let's get this skin finished first, then we'll see. If you want to, mock up a sketch of the swapped colors so I can simply change the CSS. The pain (in the ass) is to get the colors to look good together.

@Ladro, thanks again! I'll get this done when I get home. Keep the fixes coming, or tell me where else there are strange colors/hidden text people!

~m2

Personally, I like the new colors just fine. I came here now to ask for some changes to the poll colors, but I see that's already underway.

Might I request a change to the colors of the post/reply frame, which is a pale blue and fits the default theme better than our dark one?

Thank you.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

@modetwo: you asked for screenies, so here's a few.

The breadcrumb when clicking on any forum / post:

breadcrumb_title.png

The post footer has some elements that are really hard to make out

edit_like.png

The forum overview page:

forum_overview_chatter.png

Maybe make the forum title "TDM Fan Missions" dark or #222222 instead of white?

The signing in window is also pretty hard to read, most letters are almost white on white, you can only make out the "shadows".

Also, I noticed that when using a mobile (ipod or something), there's no appearent way of travelling through a thread's pages BUT by using next or previous (meaning, one by one). You can't choose a page number, and most importantly, you can't go to the last, which is not good considering some threads are dozens of pages long. This mostly only happens if you are not logged on, as when you are, the forum will automaticly go to the last post on a thread. I really like the fact that the forums are now optimized for mobiles, but this functionality is pretty needed, and if anything, it's not clear how to do it?

Edited by RPGista

What does this setting do?

The Dark Mod Forums → Your control panel → Settings → Notification Options → Other Notifications → Notify me of new comments

I dunno what a comment is in this context.

I think that refers to comments which can be posted to your profile page (profile feed allows comments to the posts there), but not positive.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I think that refers to comments which can be posted to your profile page (profile feed allows comments to the posts there), but not positive.

I think I understand now. In the past version, visitor messages were a stream of postable messages on other people's profile pages. Pretty sure you couldn't comment post one on your own. The status was a single string that got replaced when it was updated and would be viewable on the front page if it was one of the recent ones.

Now, user X's Profile Feed integrates all of user X's status updates + comments to those statuses, user Y+Z's visitor messages on user X's profile + comments, user X's visitor messages on user Y's profile (It has an arrow pointing from User X → ____ where the blank should be User Y's name but it didn't get included for old posts apparently, someone should do a fresh visitor message to test this) + comments.

If User X makes a visitor message on User Y's profile:

User X's profile feed should display the message under a heading of User X → User Y.

User Y's profile feed should also display the message under a heading of User X → User Y.

A comment made in either location would be displayed on both profile feeds.

I have no idea what happens if User Z makes a comment on User X's visitor message on User Y's profile. I can confirm that my comment on say, nb's status update doesn't show up in my profile feed, so it's probably the same with comments from a third party on visitor messages.

No matter how it works, I think with these developments and the like button, TDM Forums is the new Facebook killer.

Edited by jaxa

My only concern is that the text on the polls is too faint (needs to be darker).

Seconded...I can barely read the polls.

FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

Is this perhaps a macro on your keyboard? userjs? some extension that's gone moldy?

Googling it returns a few forum posts including this (and perhaps your posts elsewhere - strangely enough on IPB) - which makes me think it's deffo not specific to the browser itself.

Hm, the new theme is much better :wub:, but can we get things?

* get rid of the overly big header and replace it by a smaller version? It covers almost 25% of my screen, and is just wasted space (I want to read the posts, not look at a picture :)

* make the contrast between text and background a bit higher? My eyes hurt trying to read some of the texts

* get the uplaods working again? As soon as I try to attach a afile, it simply vanishes?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Thanks for bringing it up, I want to change my vote, I read the forum help and it states that I should be able to edit my votes if "allowed", I was hoping the poll creator could do it, but appearenly not?

I think the poll creator is able to set up "public votes" and "users are able to change their votes" when setting up the poll. It cannot be changed after the poll has been posted for obvious reasons; users may not want their voting to be displayed publicly when they actually posted in a poll with private/hidden votes in the first place.

I'll look into the css and contrast issues this weekend.

~m2

I think the poll creator is able to set up "public votes" and "users are able to change their votes" when setting up the poll. It cannot be changed after the poll has been posted for obvious reasons; users may not want their voting to be displayed publicly when they actually posted in a poll with private/hidden votes in the first place.

I'll look into the css and contrast issues this weekend.

Btw, a bit thank you for all the hard work! (Don't take the bitching here too serious :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax