Photo

Fan Mission:Dragon's Claw by b1k3rdude (31/10/2011)

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#26 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6189 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

I voted 4/4/5 for you man, I'm sorry. Visually this mission was stunning to me another Biker map that is amazing to look at and runs well....except at one spot. When I finally got to the area with the fog on the ground, I was in the building with the sleeping ghost on the second floor. When leaving that building the game would freeze up for 2-15 seconds periodically but the ambient music would keep playing so I knew it would come back. Very weird issue.
Also there was a broken vis portal in the building where the screaming girl/guy sound is played. When looking into the open door I see skybox, and when going through the portal the street is then gone, and I can see skybox.
Other than that OMG! I had so much fun knocking out all the guards in the beginning. Got 100% loot but had to cheat for 2 things I think. :(
This mission was incredibly polished for the time you had you are so good at that, I loved it! Stayed up til 4 AM playing it too.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#27 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8802 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Biker, you poll is still broken. You need 1 through 5 stars. Currently you are limited to 4. You will need to delete and rebuild it. If that doesn't work, create a new thread with a proper poll then provide a link to it in the first post.
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#28 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

Apologies, poll has now been corrected!

#29 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

I voted 4/4/5 for you man, I'm sorry. Visually this mission was stunning to me another Biker map that is amazing to look at and runs well....except at one spot. This mission was incredibly polished for the time you had you are so good at that, I loved it! Stayed up til 4 AM playing it too.

Once the contest is over I will be working on it with Flanders to fix all the leftover bugs and polish the map some more.

#30 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8802 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for fixing the poll Biker.

I think you've done a helluva job here with the time-scale involved. (I am certainly impressed that you pulled-off that Biker magic and made the mission playable for me after that low performing beta).

That said, if v2 needs more AI to fix the game-play challenge aspect, please don't hesitate to add them. It would be more than understandable for this caliber of mission architecture to outclass low-end hardware. ^_^

(Though... who knows what kinda performance is still being wasted by that broken visportal... so...)

Edited by nbohr1more, 01 November 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#31 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

I fixed that broken visportal/s, the draw call count never got about 1200 outside, so there is room for more Ai, little nooks and cranies and more streets! If flanders is upfor it iwill be doing a similar aproach to the way I worked with Melan, he does a chunk of the concept with contribs from myself and I then perf optmize is and nooks/crannies the odd room or 10 and we both work on detailing (decals etc) and story!

The biggest 2 bugs were the Ai not crossing the bridge and the ghosts, and Feidlmedic is working on the ghosts for me (I wanted different mines to be behave differently to the ones in his mission) and I could have probably quashed them had I used the time I worked on SirTafs mission souly on this. But then I wouldnt have the awesome story work to fiddle with.

This map was very much a mixture of lots of contributions that I had lots of fun merging into a mission.

#32 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8802 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Sounds like you and all your helpers have the same idea. The contest is more about making the mod shine than the actual comparison between authors.

Bravo to all involved.

^_^

#33 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Well I know what thing, we function better as a team than individuals. So on that note I ave a suggestion, I would like to make joint missions with all those that entered the contest. And also to those who didnt get to release, need a hand? I'm not working on anything atm :-D

#34 Shadowhide

Shadowhide

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

I'm not working on anything now :-D

unbelievable
Proceed with caution!

#35 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

LOL, I know, letting things slide a bit...

#36 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6189 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Yeah dude wtf? :P

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#37 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

well I have something super secret I can work on while i wait for people to get back to me....

#38 Glyph Seeker

Glyph Seeker

• PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

I am excited by the idea of more ghosts generally as a concept - whether passive or aggressive!
"No proposition Euclid wrote,
No formulae the text-books know,
Will turn the bullet from your coat,
Or ward the tulwar's
downward blow
Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—
The odds are on the cheaper man.
"

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

#39 kittykat

kittykat

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Bikerdude, your poll does not follow the Halloween contest specifications: please adjust it so we can vote on it.

My impressions: this is a very good-looking mission where too little happens. I spoilered the details just in case:

Spoiler

Congratulation on your mission Bikerdude, I so am on the same page as Melan about this mission except I found the entrance right away. It would be awesome if you would build further on it and make some of these houses accessible and maybe more people around town. The map is so cool.

#40 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Congratulation on your mission Bikerdude, I so am on the same page as Melan about this mission except I found the entrance right away. It would be awesome if you would build further on it and make some of these houses accessible and maybe more people around town. The map is so cool.

Thats the plan, think of it this way - remember what version 1 of 'Business as useal v2' was like compared v1, well thats what I have planned for this map.

#41 Glyph Seeker

Glyph Seeker

• PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

I found a big FPS boost at the start of the map. Not sure what you did, Biker but it made a noticeable difference around that beautiful arch!

And sorry for not beta testing properly - I was waiting for 0.4 last night but then I totally crashed out RL.
"No proposition Euclid wrote,
No formulae the text-books know,
Will turn the bullet from your coat,
Or ward the tulwar's
downward blow
Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—
The odds are on the cheaper man.
"

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

#42 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Can someone tell me what the loot objective is on easy level ? I've only managed 130 so far so I guess I've got a way to go , having difficulty finding it but saying that haven't had much time to play ! Enjoying it a lot though.

#43 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

I don't think its much more than you have atm, if you cant find loot you can bring up the console in-game and typ ' tdm_show_loot ' and this will show you were I have hidden the loot throughout the mission. :-D

#44 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for your reply Bikerdude. I'm guessing I don't have enough to meet the objectives .Will sniff around some more.BTW where is the spoiler button now , it used to be under fonts.

#45 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for your reply Bikerdude. I'm guessing I don't have enough to meet the objectives .Will sniff around some more.BTW where is the spoiler button now , it used to be under fonts.

I don't know either, I think ModeTwo should remove the twitter (or is that twatter) button and replace it with a spoiler button.

#46 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for your help on that , will check through the controls.

#47 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for your help on that , will check through the controls.

Seems to be under the 'Special BB Code' button top row , third from left , at least there's a spoiler entry there. Thanks again.

#48 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Can someone who's competed this mission give me a few clues
Spoiler
Thanks for that , I'd like to finish this excellent mission and look forward to it being expanded in time as Bikerdude intends.

#49 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19907 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

when you use the tdm_show_loot command you can look around for where the loot is, also there is no single location for a big stash.

#50 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1116 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

When you use tdm_show_loot it shows you where the loot is for 5 seconds after you entered it. It's the small coloured boxes you should look out for, they can be tiny if the loot is far away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users