#26 STiFU

STiFU

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3122 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Fiasco at Fauchard Street was built in 11 days

Including beta-testing? Biker is aiming to release it this weekend, right? Fitting build-time AND beta-testing in the timespan, seems awfully short... But I am sure in the end, it will be great! :) After all, we are talking about biker here, so there's probably going to be a v2 or v3... :-P

#27 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36413 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

The Outpost was built in one week, and it's a nice, simple, fun mission.

#28 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

The Outpost was built in one week, and it's a nice, simple, fun mission.

less than one week, but 2 people worked on it.

#29 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36413 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

2 people worked on it.

Two people who had never mapped before for TDM, compared to Biker who has done half a dozen. Should we keep arguing about it? :)

#30 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Gambling House

The local crime lord a runs an illegal gambling/ brothel/ mandrasola den in an unused warehouse cellar. Another rival crime lord b wants to get rid of the crime lord a and tips off the city watch to raid the place. b also hires the player to break in and plant even more serious evidence against a to get rid of him/her permanently.

The player knows about all this. However, due to miscommunication the raid starts early, just when the evidence is planted, the watch comes in swords ready. The player has to sneak out while fighting between the watch and the criminals take place

If you want it more complex, you could add a twist: the raid started deliberately early as b wants to betray the player and save the player's reward. This of course calls for optional vengeance against a who is outside the den monitoring the raid progress.

Thanks, BD... The superior scritping this would take involves simply teleporting the city watch guards in...

Actually I'm growing fond of the gambling house mission I might actually do it myself someday.

Community, let's do as follows. Gambling House is a free idea to anyone who wants to build it. Just PM me if you decide to do so, okay?

Then later, if no one PMs me and takes the idea, I'll build a small FM out of that once I get my current WIP out.

Should be a fun miniproject distraction..

actually your idea is pretty good, and shouldn't be wasted in a miniproject imho.

#31 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Two people who had never mapped before for TDM, compared to Biker who has done half a dozen. Should we keep arguing about it? :)

My bad. I'm the author of bonehoard and I'm the one most get used to dynamics of darkmod. :)

#32 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Ok here is a little update of what I have done thus far, this is the start area with basic building façades etc

Attached File  Start_street.jpg   523.24KB   64 downloads
Attached File  shot00003.jpg   430.62KB   67 downloads

#33 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5597 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hey, that looks like Fauchard street revisited! Maybe your mission is located near that place? Maybe you should drop a few innocuous references to fauchard into your mission?
Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

#34 Baddcog

Baddcog

Mod hero

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5360 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Looks good.

Is it just me or are the normals on that plank texture on the door inverted? It has a serious look of light hitting the wrong side of the boards.
Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

#35 Sir Taffsalot

Sir Taffsalot

• PipPipPip
  • 1549 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

The fact that you've completely ignored the story of the gomu gomu trader would lead most people to assume that you think the story is stupid. It's a good job that I know better. I can only assume that this epic story is being reservered for a 10 part campaign as nothing less could do this epic story justice.
"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

#36 lost_soul

lost_soul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for the work that you are doing, Bikerdude.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

#37 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Looking good, but dont show your plans, people will see all the hidden content! :) I like the darker textures and the passageway underneath the building.

#38 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7811 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the nod Biker. :)

I will try to set aside some time to help with readables if needed. :)

Good luck!
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#39 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

The fact that you've completely ignored the story of the gomu gomu trader would lead most people to assume that you think the story is stupid.

Sorry SirTaff, I needed a simple enough story for this little mission, maybe its one you can do :-)

I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for the work that you are doing.

Looks good.

Looking good, but dont show your plans, people will see all the hidden content!

Thanks guys, and regarding the screenshots, as mentioned at the start of the thread I am doing a speed build similar to Melan's Fuchard Street.

I will try to set aside some time to help with readables if needed.

Thanks mista, that was actually the plan, so if you wanna start on them please do!

And as I have been working on this for the last few hours here is another couple of screenshots..

Attached File  mid_street.jpg   481.62KB   50 downloads
Attached File  shot00004.jpg   401.03KB   56 downloads

#40 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4386 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Yeah, that's a nice bit of progress so far. :)
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#41 Xarg

Xarg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

Well Im gonna go with nbohr's "the Elixer" suggestion

Heh, no I meant the expectation of the people playing it. If they go into a 5 or 6 day mission with the expectation that it's going to be an Alberic's or a Heart, well they'll be disappointed I imagine. If they go in thinking it'll be a fun mission that probably isn't very long, I imagine their expectations will be met. You may be a wizard Biker, but even you can't bend time that effectively :P

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

#42 Sir Taffsalot

Sir Taffsalot

• PipPipPip
  • 1549 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Heh, no I meant the expectation of the people playing it. If they go into a 5 or 6 day mission with the expectation that it's going to be an Alberic's or a Heart, well they'll be disappointed I imagine. If they go in thinking it'll be a fun mission that probably isn't very long, I imagine their expectations will be met. You may be a wizard Biker, but even you can't bend time that effectively :P

In Biker we trust.
"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

#43 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

In Biker we trust.

LOL, classic.

#44 STiFU

STiFU

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3122 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

Is it just me or are the normals on that plank texture on the door inverted? It has a serious look of light hitting the wrong side of the boards.

I am not too fond of that normalmap in general. The slits are very accentuated and look somehow too perfect. The other structures look kind of weird too. What's the name of that texture? Needs love! :) I actually believe that one has been a suspect for inversion quite some times.

#45 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Evnin Taffers.

Got a load more work done today, and at this point I think I can say I am at the halfway point. Here are two more progress shots, enjoy.

Attached File  clock_tower.jpg   519.48KB   50 downloads
Attached File  shot00005.jpg   302.02KB   57 downloads

#46 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Another update moving on from the above,

Attached File  chapel_street.JPG   502.97KB   49 downloads
Attached File  shot00006.jpg   306.42KB   54 downloads

#47 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5597 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Looks amazing for a speed build. Actually, it does not look like a speed build, rather more like a standard biker build. =)
How many hours you've put in already? Mapped solid 8 hrs per day?
Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

#48 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

I havent been solidly working on it, but all together in guessing about 15 to 20 hrs.

#49 pusianka

pusianka

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

The last shot is really good, this building on the back with doors, even though its simple, it looks very well...

#50 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

The last shot is really good, this building on the back with doors, even though its simple, it looks very well...

Yeah, making building facades is a great way to give the illusion etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users