The Dark Mod Forums

WIP: FM - The Elixir

Bikerdude

Fiasco at Fauchard Street was built in 11 days

Including beta-testing? Biker is aiming to release it this weekend, right? Fitting build-time AND beta-testing in the timespan, seems awfully short... But I am sure in the end, it will be great! :) After all, we are talking about biker here, so there's probably going to be a v2 or v3... :-P

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 people worked on it.

Two people who had never mapped before for TDM, compared to Biker who has done half a dozen. Should we keep arguing about it? :)

Gambling House

The local crime lord a runs an illegal gambling/ brothel/ mandrasola den in an unused warehouse cellar. Another rival crime lord b wants to get rid of the crime lord a and tips off the city watch to raid the place. b also hires the player to break in and plant even more serious evidence against a to get rid of him/her permanently.

The player knows about all this. However, due to miscommunication the raid starts early, just when the evidence is planted, the watch comes in swords ready. The player has to sneak out while fighting between the watch and the criminals take place

If you want it more complex, you could add a twist: the raid started deliberately early as b wants to betray the player and save the player's reward. This of course calls for optional vengeance against a who is outside the den monitoring the raid progress.

Thanks, BD... The superior scritping this would take involves simply teleporting the city watch guards in...

Actually I'm growing fond of the gambling house mission I might actually do it myself someday.

Community, let's do as follows. Gambling House is a free idea to anyone who wants to build it. Just PM me if you decide to do so, okay?

Then later, if no one PMs me and takes the idea, I'll build a small FM out of that once I get my current WIP out.

Should be a fun miniproject distraction..

actually your idea is pretty good, and shouldn't be wasted in a miniproject imho.

Hey, that looks like Fauchard street revisited! Maybe your mission is located near that place? Maybe you should drop a few innocuous references to fauchard into your mission?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

The fact that you've completely ignored the story of the gomu gomu trader would lead most people to assume that you think the story is stupid. It's a good job that I know better. I can only assume that this epic story is being reservered for a 10 part campaign as nothing less could do this epic story justice.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

The fact that you've completely ignored the story of the gomu gomu trader would lead most people to assume that you think the story is stupid.

Sorry SirTaff, I needed a simple enough story for this little mission, maybe its one you can do :-)

I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for the work that you are doing.
Looks good.
Looking good, but dont show your plans, people will see all the hidden content!

Thanks guys, and regarding the screenshots, as mentioned at the start of the thread I am doing a speed build similar to Melan's Fuchard Street.

I will try to set aside some time to help with readables if needed.

Thanks mista, that was actually the plan, so if you wanna start on them please do!

And as I have been working on this for the last few hours here is another couple of screenshots..

post-496-0-17642300-1333587358_thumb.jpg

post-496-0-93940100-1333587369_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's a nice bit of progress so far. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Well Im gonna go with nbohr's "the Elixer" suggestion

Heh, no I meant the expectation of the people playing it. If they go into a 5 or 6 day mission with the expectation that it's going to be an Alberic's or a Heart, well they'll be disappointed I imagine. If they go in thinking it'll be a fun mission that probably isn't very long, I imagine their expectations will be met. You may be a wizard Biker, but even you can't bend time that effectively :P

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Heh, no I meant the expectation of the people playing it. If they go into a 5 or 6 day mission with the expectation that it's going to be an Alberic's or a Heart, well they'll be disappointed I imagine. If they go in thinking it'll be a fun mission that probably isn't very long, I imagine their expectations will be met. You may be a wizard Biker, but even you can't bend time that effectively :P

In Biker we trust.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Is it just me or are the normals on that plank texture on the door inverted? It has a serious look of light hitting the wrong side of the boards.

I am not too fond of that normalmap in general. The slits are very accentuated and look somehow too perfect. The other structures look kind of weird too. What's the name of that texture? Needs love! :) I actually believe that one has been a suspect for inversion quite some times.

Looks amazing for a speed build. Actually, it does not look like a speed build, rather more like a standard biker build. =)

How many hours you've put in already? Mapped solid 8 hrs per day?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.