Photo

Fan Mission: Sneak & Destroy, by SeriousToni, Beginner's Contest 2012

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

Poll: Sneak & Destroy - Do you like it? :) (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

1. Poor (1 votes [1.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

2. Tolerable (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Good (26 votes [38.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.81%

4. Excellent (31 votes [46.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.27%

5. Near Perfect (9 votes [13.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Tolerable (3 votes [4.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

3. Good (27 votes [40.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.30%

4. Excellent (32 votes [47.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.76%

5. Near Perfect (5 votes [7.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Tolerable (4 votes [5.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.97%

3. Good (19 votes [28.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.36%

4. Excellent (32 votes [47.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.76%

5. Near Perfect (12 votes [17.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#176 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16687 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:38 AM

I wanted to vote graphics better than tolerable but not quite good overall - even though it was good in places. The story was okay (but not much to it) so that was tolerable - but entering the room I got objective complete while I was creeping in - that really needs a more local trigger plus one of those 'face' triggers with a delay so you have to 'see' and have time to realise what it means - or at least connect it with the objective complete message.

Other than that, I played on top difficulty but didn't quite find all loot so didn't finish. Everything ran smoothly though and I enjoyed it. I liked the background sounds outside at the start - very atmospheric. I semi-ghosted but caused quite a lot of low-level murmurs plus several big busts where I reloaded all but one.

A lot's gone into this so thanks - a nice standard Dark Mod mission! :)

#177 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Thanks a lot for your review :) You did not finish the mission? Then you did not see the end cut scene!! :o

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#178 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

Loot Total

There was a lot of sneaky loot locations for this mission, and I seem to have missed one or two. My tally is 5830/6075, so I'm missing 245, which isn't much and I could walk away from this happy, but before I do, there was one chest that had some possible loot items that I can't seem to grab. This is an ongoing problem with Dark Mod missions for me and I'm hoping 2.06 will solve it. Anyway, I'm posting a snapshot of the chest and asking if this is supposed to be grabbable. A side note: once I close this particular chest, it doesn't highlight any more and can't be opened (there was another chest that did the same thing). 

Attached File  Unattainable Loot.jpg   89.74KB   1 downloads

• Bikerdude and CarltonTroisi like this

#179 Durandall

Durandall

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

This mission offers speed potions at the loadout screen, however, the engine does not support this.

Speed potions need fixed or remove from this mission's store.

Also, the two hanging wall plates in the "incorrect" inn room have the 2.06 bright object problem.

• SeriousToni likes this

#180 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20064 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:16 AM

• This mission offers speed potions at the loadout screen, however, the engine does not support this, speed potions need fixed or remove from this mission's store.
  • Also, the two hanging wall plates in the "incorrect" inn room have the 2.06 bright object problem.
  • I assume you tested this under 2.05..?
  • @Serious Toni, are you around to fix this..?.

Edited by Bikerdude, 20 April 2018 - 04:17 AM.

#181 Xarg

Xarg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1330 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:28 AM

I found it under 2.05, got people in Discord using 2.06 to test as well, it's broken for everyone (the speed potions, that is).

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

#182 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20064 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

Pm'd SeriousToni, if he/she isnt around I will fix the map etc.

• SeriousToni likes this

#183 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20064 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

Pm'd SeriousToni, if he/she isnt around I will fix the map etc.

Im good to go, so what other bugs other than the speed potion need fixing..?

#184 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37326 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

This mission offers speed potions at the loadout screen, however, the engine does not support this.

Speed potions need fixed or remove from this mission's store.

Can anyone who has played the mission confirm that the speed potions actually did work originally?  The speed potions VanishedOne was working on a few years back were never game ready (and were long after this mission was released).  I played the mission but have no memory of speed potions.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#185 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

Thank you for fixing my mission biker. I did not any work in Dark Radiant since years and could not have done this in the speed of light you have when it comes to building maps. I hope this mission still is enjoyable and maybe there will be a follow up map to the story, if time allows. :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#186 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

Loot Total

There was a lot of sneaky loot locations for this mission, and I seem to have missed one or two. My tally is 5830/6075, so I'm missing 245, which isn't much and I could walk away from this happy, but before I do, there was one chest that had some possible loot items that I can't seem to grab. This is an ongoing problem with Dark Mod missions for me and I'm hoping 2.06 will solve it. Anyway, I'm posting a snapshot of the chest and asking if this is supposed to be grabbable. A side note: once I close this particular chest, it doesn't highlight any more and can't be opened (there was another chest that did the same thing). 

The objects shown in this picture are no loot objects! I am sorry I seem to have failed to make them moveable. This is nothing that has to do with the typical loot chest bugs which don't appear to me since at least 2.05 anymore. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users