Photo

Fan Mission: Rightful Property - by jysk (2012/04/13)

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Rightful Property (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

1. Poor (1 votes [1.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

2. Tolerable (6 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Good (24 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. Excellent (19 votes [35.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.19%

5. Near Perfect (4 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

1. Poor (2 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Tolerable (1 votes [1.85%] - View)

3. Good (25 votes [46.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.30%

4. Excellent (22 votes [40.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

5. Near Perfect (4 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tolerable (1 votes [1.85%] - View)

3. Good (20 votes [37.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

4. Excellent (28 votes [51.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

5. Near Perfect (5 votes [9.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Just started on hardest setting and it is really good up to now.
However I found a slight glitch.
Spoiler

UPDATE - FIXED - I was still running 1.06 updating to 1.07 fixed it

Edited by Oldjim, 16 April 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#52 jysk

jysk

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Black object? Could you specify that? Or make a screen? o.o

#53 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I just tested to be sure and it's fine on mine.

#54 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

SORTED
See edited post above
These are pictures of the
Spoiler
I have reduced them in size a bit
Spoiler

Spoiler

Just to add - I am now up to the point where I get the next objective to get the orb - this is a really enjoyable mission

Edited by Oldjim, 16 April 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#55 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

strange. I hope it's already addressed in bugtracker.

#56 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Congrats on the release of your first mission jysk, very ambitious to say the least. I really admire and am so appreciative of those who can do this. I spent several hours playing this through including going back in to find the missed loot (personal goal - find it all :D )
Spoiler

Sorry to say they weren't all enjoyalble but overall liked this mission.

Spoiler

#57 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Spoiler

#58 Flanders

Flanders

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

This mission is marvellous! Especially for a first one. Tip of my hat sir, you are quite talented :). What really surprises me is that both missions released now are so complete. By which I mean they have everything: good gameplay, good story, good design, characters, story, briefing, also sizeable. And that in a limited amount of time.
  • ithel likes this

#59 jysk

jysk

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

@ Thiefette:

Spoiler

@ Jaxa dunno its working fine for me, this is a standard readable edited with the standard readable editor. You encounter really strange bugs nobody else have. :/

Edited by jysk, 15 April 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#60 Thiefette

Thiefette

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

@ Thiefette:

Spoiler

Ah yes, probably with the other things. Sooo that leaves me with only one to find. :) Thanks jysk.

Edited by Thiefette, 15 April 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#61 SiyahParsomen

SiyahParsomen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Spoiler

these bug reportings are not fixable by author. Besides it's highly possible to skip by team especially when you put it in a spoiler, and it only gets author down.

#62 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

these bug reportings are not fixable by author. Besides it's highly possible to skip by team especially when you put it in a spoiler, and it only gets author down.

Fine, I filed a bug report. I have seen similar mission bugs where a not well-formed book script would cause it to screw up. But I will just hit the tracker and let someone else decide.

#63 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12924 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I started playing the 1.1 version a couple hours ago.

Exceptionally fine mission.

Spoiler

#64 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

I don't want to read through the whole thread to avoid spoilers, but I updated your download location to the one listed under 1.1. Let me know if it's not correct.
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#65 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12924 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm in the bank atm.

Blown away, am I.
  • ithel likes this

#66 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Completed on hard and I have to say that other than a few technical glitches this was a really excellent mission - congratulations
Regarding my earlier problem - re black objects not illuminating - sorted I was still running v1.06.
Updating to 1.07 fixed it and now I am not sure how many of the glitches were down to being on an old version

#67 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Another update
Now playing Version 1.1 on Dark Mod 1.07 and no technical glitches up to now so it looks as though my failure to update was the problem.
I did rather like the blue torches on the walls but they are now back to the regular colour

#68 simplen00b

simplen00b

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Just a quick late-night note to say 'FINISHED!' and it's a great mission; voted Excellent/Near Perfect/Excellent. Plus I managed to find my way up where I shouldn't really go (I'd be surprised if I'm the only one - too many stackable crates around :D):-
Spoiler

Gobsmacking stuff, jysk. Thanks for a great mission.

#69 jysk

jysk

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Blue torches? That must have looked funny. I am glad you liked it. :)

Ofc epople always need to upgrade to the newsest TDM version.

@ Springheel: thanks. :)

@ simplen00b: Lol i guess you just climbed over the playerclip with those crates it seems at the wall. I should have expected someone like you and make it higher. Or i should have hid a surprise on the wall for you. :P

Edited by jysk, 16 April 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#70 BlueSkyBullet

BlueSkyBullet

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

In the midst of playing 1.1 (and, so, not reading the rest of this thread yet)...

So far this is really quite good. I've played 2 sessions of it -- meaning I've played to my hearts content and needed to get out and stretch & relax -- and yet I haven't even begun in earnest to set about on any of the main objectives!

Anyway, thought I'd say that much, but I wanted to point out something before I forget it; something that either jysk or Sotha probably needs to look at:

The briefing uses Sotha's excellent system. But I had a problem for the 1st time with this one. I got to the "Aside from that..." panel/page and wanted to rewind back to find out where this mission was going down -- the name of the town (I hadn't paid perfect attention). I was unable to rewind to the previous page. All the "back" button would do is replay the under-animation of the current page. I tried clicking it a few times and it was constistent. So, I moved on and another glitch probably related to my attempt to go back occured: the next page/panel's screen (text and animation) came up as it should but the "aside from that..." text repeated on top of the new text, resulting in unreadable stuff and such.

#71 jysk

jysk

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Huh yeah, i took the standard briefing (which has 6 pages) and added a page entry of my my own (for 7 pages). The problem is/was that such an entry includes numerous lines referencing to other parts of the briefing (through numbers) where I for the most part did not really understood what the particular line was for, so i just looked on the entries and tryed to change the numbes in a locigal way. In the end it seems that it works forward but for the backward part, I will try to look into it.

Edited by jysk, 17 April 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#72 BlueSkyBullet

BlueSkyBullet

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Well, while you are doing that... (and hopefully between you and Sotha it can all be figured and ironed out, for now and for the future) I'll have you think about this...

I'm still only getting around to the (ostensible) "Main Quest". I've just been in for another session.

First-time mapper or not, this is honestly turning out to be one of the best missions yet for TDM.

So far at least; and with the eminently objective me grading it! (I am objective!); but I am also aware that I have been starved for a good mission for quite some time... Still, as yet, I can only think of a few plus maybe a few others that I would recall so fondly.

#73 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hey I know I was a little harsh on this mission, but I have to say I loved the bank portion. The little balcony reminded me of T2's First City Bank and Trust.

#74 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5664 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Huh yeah, i took the standard briefing (which has 6 pages) and added a page entry of my my own (for 7 pages). The problem is/was that such an entry includes numerous lines referencing to other parts of the briefing (through numbers) where I for the most part did not really understood what the particular line was for, so i just looked on the entries and tryed to change the numbes in a locigal way. In the end it seems that it works forward but for the backward part, I will try to look into it.

Yeah, the briefing is a mess. It works and it is easy to change if you only put text and images. More serious editing is very error prone and non-fun. After making the 10 page edition of the mandrasola edition of the briefing, I've promised myself I am not touching the briefing guis ever again, other than simply adding text and pictures.

I think it is possible to redesign the briefing to work better as shown here
http://www.doom3worl....php?f=4&t=4811
That would also make it easier to add campaign support.

But yeah, as said, I am not touching it anymore.
Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

#75 BlueSkyBullet

BlueSkyBullet

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Still loving the hell out of this one.

But I did just experience some downside... I'll be terse, when I only mean to be concise, so that I can get back to RL and then back into the mission:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users