Photo

Fan Mission: Rightful Property - by jysk (2012/04/13)

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Rightful Property (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

1. Poor (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

2. Tolerable (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

3. Good (24 votes [45.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.28%

4. Excellent (18 votes [33.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.96%

5. Near Perfect (4 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

1. Poor (2 votes [3.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

2. Tolerable (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

3. Good (25 votes [47.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.17%

4. Excellent (22 votes [41.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.51%

5. Near Perfect (3 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tolerable (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

3. Good (20 votes [37.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.74%

4. Excellent (27 votes [50.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.94%

5. Near Perfect (5 votes [9.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#176 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

Performance was a bit on the bad side sadly, though I definitly haven't a really powerful machine running this.

What are you full system specs including OS & drivers.

#177 DeusXIncognita

DeusXIncognita

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

What are you full system specs including OS & drivers.

Long time since I posted my specs somewhere, so give me a hint if I forgot something important:

Model: HP Pavilion m6 1000 sg

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Graphics Cards: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (Driver Version 8.933.3.3000) / Radeon HD 7670M (Driver Version 8.933.3.3000)

[The graphics drivers are the latest drivers from HP for this model, they are quite dated though (2012). Because of the switchable graphics cards though, I haven't used other, more recent drivers.]

#178 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

• Graphics Cards: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (Driver Version 8.933.3.3000) / Radeon HD 7670M (Driver Version 8.933.3.3000)
  • [The graphics drivers are the latest drivers from HP for this model, they are quite dated though (2012). Because of the switchable graphics cards though, I haven't used other, more recent drivers.]
  • Have you checked its definitly switching over to the HD7670 when playing TDM..? GPU-Z is a good util for this.
  • I would check and see if HP have later drivers than this, but be aware the HD7670 isnt that pokey. The HD7670 is the same as a GT-240 which itself is the same as an old 9600GT, the 240/9600 only came with 96 cores. While the 7670 is better for newer games its a bit lack luster with OpenGL based games.

On the OpenGL front AMD are working on a driver to hopefull remedy this poor perf issue under OpenGL.

#179 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

Spoiler

:wub:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#180 jysk

jysk

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

I am 3 months late, but better late than never I guess. :)

Nice mission, made for a few enjoying hours. Performance was a bit on the bad side sadly, though I definitly haven't a really powerful machine running this.

Spoiler

Thank you for your Feedback. Regarding the one house you are somehow right I guess, but those 2 houses are very prominently featured (especially on the map), so I thought/hoped it is clear that the player should/could try to explore them.

Regarding:

Spoiler

Edited by jysk, 14 July 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#181 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

While I've lowered the details in the graphics settings a bit to make the mission less resource-intensive, I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed it. B)

Though the area the mission takes place in is not that huge, I was still pleasantly surprised by how much there was to do in this mission. Just the sheer amount of options ! Lots of nice design touches with the lighting, public architecture, people's households, and especially with the inn and the bank. I found those latter two incredibly enjoyable, as well as actually quite difficult to navigate.

And that one nasty surprise in

Spoiler
was something I was not expecting.  :o  But I loved how it tied into the overall storyline, that was a cool if weird twist !  B) 

Overall, this is a fairly demanding mission. I would recommend it to intermediately experienced TDM players, but complete beginners should steer clear until they've played at least a few of the easier and less time-consuming missions. On the plus side, with all the places one can break into or at least explore in mind, the player "gets plenty of bang for his/her buck", to use a popular phrase.

Perhaps one of the best recommendations I can give for this mission is that it reminded me of some of the better Thief II city missions or some of the Thief II engine fan missions of yore. Some elements felt like a nice homage, but indirect enough. :smile:

#182 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20281 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:38 AM

Radeon HD 7670M

I forgot to mention, renaming the darkmod.exe to " Wolf2MP.exe " and you get a healthy perf boost on AMD Gpu's.

#183 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

I forgot to mention, renaming the darkmod.exe to " Wolf2MP.exe " and you get a healthy perf boost on AMD Gpu's.

You are joking, right? :huh:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#184 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37446 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

....?
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#185 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9101 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

AMD's driver profiler sometimes gives better OpenGL optimizations to Wolfenstein 2009, or Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena than it does

for Doom 3 and variants. Renaming the executable fools the driver into giving those same optimizations to The Dark Mod.

If we were a big commercial game or if big benchmark sites tested TDM, then AMD and Nvidia would already have a Darkmod.exe profile for us.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#186 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2204 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

AMD's driver profiler sometimes gives better OpenGL optimizations to Wolfenstein 2009, or Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena than it does

for Doom 3 and variants. Renaming the executable fools the driver into giving those same optimizations to The Dark Mod.

If we were a big commercial game or if big benchmark sites tested TDM, then AMD and Nvidia would already have a Darkmod.exe profile for us.

Never knew that.. :blink: Thanks for clarification!  :o 

#187 DeusXIncognita

DeusXIncognita

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

I can only find a "TheDarkMod.exe" in the main directory, that is the one, right?

More performance is always welcome, and after all my Thief senses are tingling again.

#188 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9101 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Yes that's the one. This has only been shown to be beneficial on AMD hardware though.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#189 llanita

llanita

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

Just started playing. Loving it so far. Any rope arrows or no? Thanks

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

#190 Deadlove

Deadlove

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

Don't know if I left detailed feedback, but for the simple structure. Large size. Multiple stories. Multiple locations. This mission was extremely fun. I think with a couple detail passes + a bit less square geometry it would really shine. But the most important part I present, this FM is a lot of fun to play. Thanks!

Plastik Musik - Andrew Nathan Kite, Owner

plastikmusik33@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/plastikmusik /

http://www.youtube.com/plastikmusik

http://www.plastikmusik.bandcamp.com

#191 jysk

jysk

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

Just started playing. Loving it so far. Any rope arrows or no? Thanks

There are no rope arrows. Everything vertical is reachable through mantling via the environment. :)

Don't know if I left detailed feedback, but for the simple structure. Large size. Multiple stories. Multiple locations. This mission was extremely fun. I think with a couple detail passes + a bit less square geometry it would really shine. But the most important part I present, this FM is a lot of fun to play. Thanks!

I am glad you liked it. =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users