Things could potentially get messy tonight. I was on my way back home when some tough boys ambushed me. They weren't looking for money or anything, they just wanted to kill me right there in the street. Fortunately, I managed to run away unscathed, but these guys are still looking for me. I've managed to piece together something from rumours and hearsays; turns out Messer Beric, an usurer I've done jobs for in the past sold me out to Raputo, one of the City Wardens, in order to prove that he'll be loyal and pay his tributes. Apparently Beric's business collapsed with DeWall's demise, and now he seeks the protection of Raputo. Not to mention Beric's business was run right under Raputo's nose, but he was protected by DeWall at that time. In exchange for his 'good work', Beric received a priceless necklace as a reward, and keeps it stashed in his crumbling castle in Newmarket.
Now is time for some sweet revenge; I am going to steal Beric's necklace and humiliate him; that'll teach him never to double-cross me. I should also steal some valuables along the way, just to show Raputo how I deal with his reckless threats. Raputo doesn't like independents operating within his turf, so I'll make sure to plunder the neighbourhood. I got to be careful, though. With DeWall's downfall, The City became more dangerous than ever. Thugs and assassins are on the loose in the dark, and lawmen and Hammerites prowl the streets in search of heretics and criminals alike. Cragscleft has never been so full.
Please note that due to how TG behaves with New Dark, Darkloader incorrectly identifies this FM as a T2 mission. Follow these steps if you want to load the FM with Darkloader:
- Install the FM in your FM archive directory as usual.
- Launch Darkloader and select the FM, but don't launch the mission! Instead, close Darkloader once the FM is selected and shows the T2 gear icon.
- In your Darkloader directory, open the file named darkloader.ini
- Search for darkwalls, it should be at the very end of the file.
- Replace the line type=2 with type=1. Save and close the file.
- Launch Darkloader again and the FM should appear as a TG FM with the glorious Pagan eye! You're now ready to creep through the dark and gloomy cityscape of Newmarket!
- For obvious reasons, it is recommended you play this FM in dark conditions. This is a major part of the experience.
- Given that this FM has a strong focus on verticality, keep one or two rope arrows with you at all times. Three additional rope arrows can be found on all difficulty levels.
- Explore, explore, explore and see where the twisted rooftops of Newmarket take you.
- Make sure to read everything you come across, hints and plot elements may be written somewhere.
- Higher difficulty means less starting gear, less equipment to be found, a higher loot goal and more opponents. The main objective remains the same.
- It is possible to Ghost this mission and get all the loot while doing so.
Yet again Skacky has captured the old skewl feel of thief we all know and love,