The Dark Mod Forums

T1 Fan Mission: Between These Dark Walls - by Skacky

Bikerdude

• 4 years later...

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to see your rooftop mission, grayman.

I'd gladly join the Darkradiant ranks, alas I think I have a severe case of dromeditis for the moment. But who knows, someday I might return.

I've been feeling nostalgic and hunting for TG FMs that I missed for one reason or another and stumbled on this one. Absolutely fantastic fan mission, thank you very much.

Edited by sittingduck71

Sounds like fun! Is there AI-to-AI fighting in this mission? Any time you get Hammerites and thugs together, a good old fashion brawl usually breaks out. That was one of my favorite things to do in the original missions; try to start fights between the factions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad this thread has surfaced again.I'm interested in playing it as I really enjoyed the old Gold missions.

I've installed Thief Gold then applied the TX fix.

Do I also need to install Thief 2?And where does the fan mission then show up i.e do I need yet another program to run it in?Thanks!

raymeld: You will not need Thief 2. You will need to run fmselect.bat (or thief.exe -fm), and I think set up a few folders where the FM selector will store the missions.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thank you Melan.

Easier to set up than I thought it would be in the end thanks to TXfix.

Never did find Beric's necklace , spent all my time falling off walls!I always liked the good old rope arrow but in more moderation.In the end I was craving for a good old door lock to pick!

Reading through this thread in a last desperate attempt to find hints to finish the mission I see I've been to said key point (can't seem to do spoilers on this tablet) where , according to Melan 'the fun begins ',and didn't find anything there so must look again.

Edited by raymeld

Don't know whether it's relevant to finding the necklace but

I've found a cell with a hammer guarding it with skulls on a shelf. But no key and lock picks don't help.

Can some kind person give me a hint. thanks!

raymeld: Definitely not.

You have to be searching in Messer Beric's mansion. One of the upstairs rooms - of his wife, I think - has a key to his ground floor study, and in the study, you get a key to the wine cellar. The secret switch is in that room under a shelf of bottles.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thank you yet again Melan!

Regarding the other place I found I'll have to have a search around to try to get in there too.

You can get in there too, but you have to go around and approach from another direction.

Finished it , good fun.Thank you Skacky.