38 replies to this topic

#26 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12003 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

If you own Thief Gold (TG), you just need to install TFix.

That's all I needed to do.

#27 skacky

skacky

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Skacky, are you saying your mission dosent work with Newdark..? as I Never noticed any problems with beta testing..

Heh? No, I said the contrary actually. :P
If you don't have New Dark, the FM just won't launch.

#28 sittingduck71

sittingduck71

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:08 AM

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to see your rooftop mission, grayman.
I'd gladly join the Darkradiant ranks, alas I think I have a severe case of dromeditis for the moment. But who knows, someday I might return.

I've been feeling nostalgic and  hunting for TG FMs that I missed for one reason or another and stumbled on this one.  Absolutely fantastic fan mission, thank you very much.  

Edited by sittingduck71, 07 February 2017 - 01:12 AM.

#29 kano

kano

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

Sounds like fun! Is there AI-to-AI fighting in this mission? Any time you get Hammerites and thugs together, a good old fashion brawl usually breaks out. That was one of my favorite things to do in the original missions; try to start fights between the factions.

#30 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:17 AM

I'm glad this thread has surfaced again.I'm interested in playing it as I really enjoyed the old Gold missions.
I've installed Thief Gold then applied the TX fix.
Do I also need to install Thief 2?And where does the fan mission then show up i.e do I need yet another program to run it in?Thanks!

#31 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:59 AM

raymeld: You will not need Thief 2. You will need to run fmselect.bat (or thief.exe -fm), and I think set up a few folders where the FM selector will store the missions.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#32 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

Thank you Melan.

#33 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

Easier to set up than I thought it would be in the end thanks to TXfix.
Never did find Beric's necklace , spent all my time falling off walls!I always liked the good old rope arrow but in more moderation.In the end I was craving for a good old door lock to pick!

#34 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Reading through this thread in a last desperate attempt to find hints to finish the mission I see I've been to said key point (can't seem to do spoilers on this tablet) where , according to Melan 'the fun begins ',and didn't find anything there so must look again.

Edited by raymeld, 23 February 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#35 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:22 AM

Don't know whether it's relevant to finding the necklace but

Spoiler
Can some kind person give me a hint. thanks!

#36 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:51 AM

raymeld: Definitely not.

Spoiler

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#37 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

Thank you yet again Melan!
Regarding the other place I found I'll have to have a search around to try to get in there too.

#38 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

You can get in there too, but you have to go around and approach from another direction.

#39 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:32 AM

Finished it , good fun.Thank you Skacky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users