The Dark Mod Forums

Voices if needed

FrankCSIS

Hello taffers!

I come from the Deus Ex community, but have nothing but fond memories from this great series as well.

I've recently picked up voice acting as a hobby, mainly to annoy coworkers over the telephone!

Some of it may be of use to you, if interested.

Here's a few samples I put together in the last half hour:

https://soundcloud.com/frankcsis

There are other possibilities of course, but those were mostly Thief-inspired.

Let me know if I can help!

• Like 1

Welcome! This is very good, and I think we just have the right role for you in the campaign... see my PM. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

@Springheel, do we have a copy of the usual lines for male Ai..?

If you mean the vocal script, it's here: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/13930-vocal-script-master/

Welcome! This is very good, and I think we just have the right role for you in the campaign... see my PM. :)

Thanks for the welcome! PM replied.

As Springs has Sai the first line "I remember" is very very good. Would you consider doing a set of lines?

Gave the vocal script a good long look. It will take a little while but I will give it a shot if you think the lines can be used. I will link the results in this thread in a few days.

Variation is always a good thing, atm we are using the same voice actor for different characters. Eg my voice has been used to do a guard, a commoner and a bunch of other noises. What would be cool as a mapper is to be able to choose as many different voices as possible etc.

As we use vog orbis the should be able to keep files size down without impacting quality too much.